FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Hire a Flyertalker (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/315159-hire-flyertalker.html)

WestCoastFlyer Sep 7, 2004 12:27 pm

Caught in a RIF

After almost 10 years with the same company I was caught in a reduction in force (RIF). I am a talented business development / channel management professional with more than 13 years of experience in CRM and technology areas of the insurance, healthcare, and finance arenas.

I have experience in the following areas: Sales and Business Development • Partner Program Development and Partner Recruitment • Professional Services Management • Budgeting and Expense Control • Strategic and Market Planning • Key Account Management/Retention • Contract/Price Negotiation • Presentations and Training • Staff Development and Motivation

If anyone has any suggestions please post them here, or email me at [email protected] and I'll reply as soon as I can.

Thanks in advance to everyone.

WestCoastFlyer (Roger)

TopDawg4OU Sep 8, 2004 9:35 pm

I'm currently a financial software consultant. I travel around the US to our client institutions and help configure software to comply with the new Check 21 law. I've worked with financial institution fraud protection, including kiting (which will soon be obsolete, given the future absence of float).

I graduated with an MIS degree and dwelled on project management, capacity management, logistics, scheduling, and implementation.

My desire is to continue to travel. I currently travel M-F a couple times a month. I would ultimately love to have a position where I would just travel for a couple days several times a month.

I would love to consult and find better solutions for customers. Basically, I'd like to take more advantage of the capacity management portion of my studies. The way my brain works, I'm always thinking of better ways to do things and love to solve problems to get to that point. I'm definitely willing to learn new things. I don't see myself in the financial institution industry for too much longer. But I'd really like to help people make whatever they're doing much better. If I had the proper experience, I'd love to help people book trips (not really a travel agent, maybe a travel consultant?). But there are several things out there that I would really enjoy doing.

That's just a generalization of what I'd love to do. I have my resume and all that jazz. I just hope someone would give me a chance.

[email protected]

Mikey likes it Sep 10, 2004 10:54 am

Our company, a $1B, publicly traded computer services firm, is growing and is looking to fill a number of sales and technical roles. Click here to navigate to a list of open positions.

Many of these positions are geography agnostic, meaning that depending on the role you may not have to relocate. Almost all require some to extensive travel.

You're welcome to PM resumes and interest to me, or of course to apply directly (though that won't be nearly as effective). Full disclosure: a few of the positions, depending on exactly what they are, carry a referral bonus. Most do not.

empedocles Sep 13, 2004 10:12 am

deleted

xiety Sep 14, 2004 3:27 am

Wow, very good thread. Keep it up! :)

flyboy1980 Sep 15, 2004 8:30 pm

Hire Me! (p l e a s e!)

I'm a 24 year old guy that loves to travel, loves working with people, and is very dependable and hard working. Currently working in a management position, but I want to travel!! Below are my qualifications...

-Degree in Management from Michigan State University
-4 years management / supervisory experience
-4 years recruiting / human resources experience
-great people skills
-relocatable
-will work any hours if I can travel!

Please feel free to email me for more info!!!!!!!

haveric Sep 17, 2004 11:56 pm

<deleted>
<deleted>

techgirl Sep 18, 2004 6:12 am

empedocles, YGM.

beofotch Sep 28, 2004 2:03 pm

Mikey Likes It , YGM ^

Randy Petersen Sep 30, 2004 8:55 am

FlyerTalk Position Available (and more)

Here's a link to an opening we have at the House of Miles in the "Critical Content" area which would include creating and editing our TalkMail newsletter, etc.

LINK:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/annou...ouncementid=33

robmach Sep 30, 2004 7:35 pm

992 Jobs at my comapny :)

40,000 employees. $7 Billion in revenue, publicly traded company, stock purchase, bonuses...

http://www.adp.com/corporate/careers/index.html

Let me know if you want to post a position, PM me for my email, send me your resume and I'll refer you.

If you have a peoplesoft background, email me! I'm in a group looking for Travelling consultants - both technical and functional!

-r

kef0913 Oct 11, 2004 4:51 pm

Losing my deal -

- which is the film industry equivalent of being downsized.

My varied background includes:
* 9 years experience in motion picture development (story editor, development executive) - which includes researching, developing and pitching ideas for feature film production, pitch meetings with writers, establishing and maintaining relationships with agents, managers and production executives and a host of entreprenurial skills. I currently work for a well known director (PM me for the name if you have a need for it)

* 10 years prior experience in retail management. Excellent communication, team building, training and people skills. As well as experience in financial reconciliation, hiring, inventory management, etc.

Current climate in the film industry is tight, so I am looking for a position that will utilize my skills to their best effect while providing an opportunity for growth and possibly a little travel (not necessarliy in the film industry).

If any FTers out there find that my experience suits a position they know of, please let me know.

Thanks,

Keith

welookgood.com Oct 22, 2004 12:28 pm

Would anyone be willing to critque my resume? PM me with your email

Viajero Joven Oct 22, 2004 4:13 pm

Transportation Planner seeks a job

I'll throw my hat into the ring. Although I am currently employed, I'm really looking to transition.

I have an Urban Planning background (Masters and BS) with extensive work in Transportation Planning during 4 years of full-time employment with the US Department of Transportation, plus 8 summer internships with a Transit agency. On behalf the USDOT, I have completed Transportation Planning assignments with the World Bank, as well as with California and Texas Departments of Transportation and regional governments.

My areas of specialization within transportation are Intermodal planning, international/transborder transportation, and multijurisdictional issues.

Much of my work thus far has focused on government processes and requirements, and I have had extensive interaction with cities and regional governments. While I have only worked in the public sector, I welcome opportunities in both public and private sectors relating to transportation and/or Urban Planning.

Oh, and I know a little bit about airlines, too. ;)

I am in Phoenix, but very willing to relocate. Please let me know if you have questions. Thanks!

Football Fan Nov 18, 2004 3:27 pm

Always open to offers... ;-)

I am not unemployed...

...but working as a strategy consultant in one of the top international consulting firms. Even though this is an excellent company which consistently ranks in the top 5 or top 10 of the favorite companies for MBAs to work for worldwide (Forbes list) and has an extremely selective admissions process, I have realized that I am not passionate about this type of work. While I am not opposed to making a detailed analysis of things when necessary, I cannot get too excited about finding out the last detailed function in MS Excel and writing slides in MS Powerpoint, especially since I sometimes have to deal with industries which do not interest me at all. Also, while I travel a lot within Germany, I feel that the job does not give me enough of an opportunity to play out my international experience and background.

I would rather...

- work in an industry I care about (e.g., the media (TV, Radio, etc.) industry, any kind of sports-related industry, the Internet industry, media rights (e.g., for sports events), travel industry, possibly M&A/private equity, other types of deal-making);
- make deals instead of over-analyzing data;
- make decisions (including personnel decisions) instead of crunching numbers;
- work in an international environment on topics which cross borders instead of sometimes dealing with domestic-only projects;
- accordingly, I am not opposed to international/intercontinental travel, but would embrace it (am mobile and can live/work wherever except Iraq and similar);
- have more responsibility rather than less - and for results instead of recommendations.

My background...

- I'm almost 33 years old;
- Dual German/US law degree; admitted to the bar in Germany and New York (but not looking for a purely legal position);
- Former Fulbright Scholar;
- MBA degree from the University of Chicago;
- would consider myself bi-lingual (German (native)/English), plus some skills in French, Spanish, Korean (but not fluent enough to negotiate in these languages);
- ~ 1 year experience in strategy consulting
- ~ 5 years professional experience in the Internet/Media industry, working as general counsel and business development director for one of the largest European Internet companies (publicly listed)/former subsidiary of one of the largest media companies in the world, where I was a part of their "high potential program for younger executives";
- among other things, drafted and partly negotiated one of the largest e-commerce deals ever there (>€ 50 mio. value) as well as other e-commerce deals;
- was involved in doing a lot of work on a successful IPO that raised >€ 500 mio. in cash, as well as transactional work on acquisitions of several companies around Europe with a total value in shares of >€ 1 billion at the time of the acquisition (a lot less now...);
- dealt with preparing, coordinating and attending supervisory board meetings with very senior board members of the largest media companies in the world attending;
- led teams of up to 15 people in my previous job, and was a member of the supervisory board of a company with 130 employees.

My passions...

...are travel, sports (particularly soccer/NBA) and the Internet/media (I am a news junkie...and I love Flyertalk! :)).

Corresponding to my background, I have certain expectations with regards to salary and responsibility, but I think that there must be some interesting opportunities where people are sought after who can make things happen in a transnational and -continental context.

Where else to look for an international position than here at Flyertalk! :)

Most board members or decisionmakers in large private equity firms/investment banks might not have the time to read Flyertalk Community Buzz threads...but hey, maybe someone can forward this to them...and we must have some headhunters here also, no? ;)