FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Hire a Flyertalker (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/315159-hire-flyertalker.html)

azn75 Nov 25, 2005 12:57 am

Not-UnEmployed

I have a quick question? I work for Uncle Sam. He is a good employer. I enjoy the work. I would not mind working oversea in the private sector. But the problem is the requirements in these ads. They are very intimidating. I feel so under-qualified.

My question is who is writing these ads? And who meets these requirements?

doggieball Nov 26, 2005 4:20 pm

Hi all,

I recently started working as an IT recruiter in North Carolina. I know this is not the type of consulting most of you do but if I can ever help anyone just PM me and let me know.

db

QFBoy Nov 30, 2005 4:14 pm

Recently graudated from Griffith University with a Bachelor of Commerce majoring in Banking, Finance, and Accounting with a GPA of 5.36 (7 is the highest). Would love to travel while working! :cool:

Herbie

brassai Nov 30, 2005 4:35 pm

Looking for a few good people.....

Enterprise software company seeks good people. I'm in the Professional Services group at Edge Dynamics, and while we're in a growth phase across the company, the Professional Services Team is particularly appealing to people who want to travel and work for a great company in a great sector.

Take a look at us: http://www.edgedynamics.com/about/AboutUs_Careers.asp

If you have the chops, especially for the PS team, please send us a resume to the address on the site ([email protected])... make sure you put "Flyertalk" somewhere in the subject an/or body of the email and we'll talk.

Thanks much!
D.

LV702 Nov 30, 2005 7:54 pm

Merry Xmas! Here's your pink slip

I am a recently (well today) laid off corporate trainer. I have a background in broadcasting and title insurance/escrow.

Please let me know if you have anything and I will forward you my resume ASAP.

Thanks and have a great week

-LV

snorkmaster Dec 9, 2005 11:38 am

strategic planning and performance analyst position at detroit metro airport

Hello fellow flyertalkers,

The following vacancy has been posted on other websites, but I thought I would share this opportunity with you as well. If you are interested in the opportunity and meet the minimum qualifications, please PM me with a little more about you and your qualifications, and we'll take it from there. Thanks. :) -snorkmaster

Wayne County Airport Authority (Detroit, MI)
Strategic Planning and Performance Analyst

Pay range: $49,621 - $73,429.

Description of Major Job Duties

The Strategic Planning and Performance Analyst works under the direct supervision of the Division Director and is responsible for assisting with the planning and implementation of the Airport Authority’s strategic planning, benchmarking, and process improvement activities; assisting with the development and implementation of the Airport Authority’s customer satisfaction monitoring and improvement program; and facilitating the effective and efficient administration of the Division. Specific duties include:

Conduct research, data collection, and analysis in support of the Airport Authority’s strategic planning, benchmarking, and process improvement activities;

Develop training materials, instructions, and templates for the above activities;

Analyze strengths and weaknesses of management reporting tools and develop recommendations to increase organizational efficiency and effectiveness;

Develop and manage process for identifying, monitoring, and resolving customer satisfaction issues;

Conduct traveler, tenant, and vendor surveys, and collect and analyze results;

Identify customer satisfaction improvement opportunities (through analysis of survey results, first hand observations, and internally generated feedback), and collaborate with key stakeholders to develop improvement strategies;

Contribute to planning sessions with Divisional representatives and other stakeholders;

Prepare periodic reports on Division’s activities;

Develop and maintain timeline for Division’s projects;

Perform other special projects as assigned by the Division Director.

Knowledge, Skills and Abilities

Knowledge of the principles and practices of performance measurement, benchmarking, management and organization, and/or strategic planning;

Able to develop and implement research methodologies, and, complete
studies involving complex operational and financial data, systems, and procedures;

Able to formulate logical conclusions, make recommendations with appropriate justification, and develop/implement work plans;

Able to speak and write clearly and concisely in order to effectively express ideas and communicate information to a variety of individuals and groups;

Able to prepare clear, concise and well-organized reports, memos, and correspondence;

Able to prioritize and organize multiple assignments and projects;

Able to coordinate work and functions with other departments and divisions;

Able to facilitate attainment of established goals and initiatives;

Computer skills, including ability to independently utilize e-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet.

Qualifications

A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four year college or university with a major in Public Administration, Public Policy, Business Administration, or a closely related field; AND

At least three (3) years full-time experience which must include experience in both areas listed below:

--Performance measurement, benchmarking, process engineering, or strategic planning; AND
--Financial/fiscal analysis, or policy analysis

A valid State of Michigan driver’s license and a safe, acceptable driving record.

Note: A Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, Business Administration, or a closely related field may be substituted for one (1) year of full-time experience.

MKE-MR Jan 28, 2006 10:10 pm

MBA Internships?

This thread hasn't been bumped in a while...still think it's a good one, even though as the economy has gotten better there have been less posts in the past year or so.

If anybody out there is with an organization that has a summer internship program for MBAs, I'm trying to begin the process. I'll be available to work anywhere in the world for 6-8 weeks, beginning July 1. Language fluency in English and Spanish, so that's my only limiting factor in terms of location.

My previous functional experience has been in sales, communications and project management, across a variety of sectors including manufacturing, entertainment and non-profit. Looking forward, my emphasis is on management consulting or general management, possibly with a human resource focus.

If anybody's involved with your organization's internship program, or if you are willing to pass me a name, please drop me a PM (and I'll be glad to send my CV if appropriate).

Pakse Feb 1, 2006 11:18 am

IT Consulting-Training

Howdy,

Looking for an SE position (system engineer, prefer pre-sales); also open to consulting and/or project management.

Enterprise software experience, heavy background on multiple operating systems, databases, web applications and security.

I am able and willing to travel both domestically and internationally.

I am a US Citizen.

Call me at 217-369-0921, the phone call is free. Let's discuss if there is a fit for me with your organization. (Feel free to send me a PM here as well).

Keep the faith,

Pakse

p.s. Edited it first to update my phone number; then decided I really didn't like the 'sales pitch' format I was using - so I changed that. I've got a long resume. Send me a PM if you want a copy. Thanks.

kipper Feb 2, 2006 6:34 am

If anyone is aware of any marketing/proposal coordinator positions in PA, please PM me, as I'm looking to change jobs. I have several years of experience in marketing and proposal preparation, and a high rate of winning proposals. All of my qualifications and references are available upon request.

Yaatri Mar 24, 2006 11:05 am

Freshly unemployed.

Lost my job today. Graduate degree in acoustics, and solid-state physics.

Worked in defense industry most of my life, except a 3 year teaching stint about 20 years ago. Noise and vibration, acoustics signature control primary, IR signatures, RCS signatures. 20 plus years of experience. I will add more as I get back to reality.

Strength:
Excellent maths/quantitative/analytical skills.
Well rounded passed the US Foeign Service exam three times
Well Travelled, FT member. :D
Good Verbal skills
Detail Oriented
Sofftware writing using FORTRAN, C, Visual Pascal, mathcad etc.

Weeknesses
Bad Typing.
Detail Oriented.

GWU ESIA STUDENT Mar 24, 2006 11:13 am

Graduating Soon

Hi all,

I have been active in the job market for quite some time and still have yet to nail down my dream job (or as close as I can get) to start in June 2006. I will graduate GW this spring with a BA in International Affairs (concentrations Conflict & Security and Latin America) and Spanish and minors in History and Political Science and have completed courses at both the undergrad and graduate levels. I have an excellent analytical mind and am quite used to working in extremely stressful situations and I am not afraid to get my hands dirty nor to work extra to insure that a project gets done right.

I currently work for a top 10 executive search firm where I am actively involved in recruiting, search strategy and placements. Previously I was a member of the certification team for a recently launched (and still flying airline). I am one of the youngest people in the country with any experience with the FAA CSET process; I managed production of a manuel, performed extensive market research into air travel patterns and worked with companies on both sides of the Atlantic. I have also interened on the Hill on the House side and worked as a camp counselor.

I am open for relocation to most any major city in the United States but if given the choice would prefer the East Coast. In terms of a job type I am open for most anything but would prefer not to do a sales position; and of course travel is not an issue (this is FT after all :D )

If you know of anything please e-mail or PM me and I will be sure to get a resume to you ASAP. Thanks for your help.

GWU

CMCFlyer Mar 29, 2006 8:46 pm

Summer Internship

I am an economics/neuroscience major at Claremont McKenna College in Los Angeles, seeking an internship in the aviation sector for this upcoming summer. Specifically, I am looking for a position that would expose me to the regulatory aspects of the business (fifth freedom rights, open skies, etc), or the corporate/planning divisions of airlines (route development, aircraft retirement, revenue management). Location is not an issue. Please PM me for my resume or with any ideas.

sllevin Mar 30, 2006 1:04 pm

Technical Support and Ops person

No specific travel is currently attached to this, at least not for now, but you never know! It's a great opportunity to get in early enough to really make a mark.

Steve

Description:

Want to be part of an amazing new opportunity? scanR is building and delivering a groundbreaking application for business users of cellular handsets. As a Support and Service Engineer, you will help customers use scanR’s applications enabling cellular handsets throughout the world to communicate key business data over the air in both a direct (customer contact) and indirect (internal testing and operational support) fashion.

scanR is still running in quiet mode – but is already well funded by established venture investors. We are looking for driven, talented engineers to complete our team of industry veterans and bring the vision to market

Responsibilities:
• Monitor, track and respond to customer issues
• Work with external customers to help resolve issues using scanR’s services
• Track and update status of ongoing issues
• Generate customer service reports and metrics
• Assess issues and escalate to engineering as needed
• Assist in Quality Assurance testing as needed
• Assist in the ongoing technical and operational support

Qualifications, Education and Experience:

Required:
• Strong communications skills.
• Experience working internal and external support issues
• Experience working directly with end users to diagnose and resolve issues
• Experience working with smartphones running PalmOS, Window Mobile, Symbian
• Understanding of basic SQL syntax and query structure
• Experience with bug tracking systems such as Sourceforge, Bugzilla, TTPro, Remedy, or FogBugz
• Experience with Windows 2000/2003 Server
• Experience with MS Office products and report generation
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience

Desired:
• 3 years experience in an operational environment.
• 3+ years in end-user support, preferably with technical products
• Demonstrated understanding of ticketing and tracking systems
• Experience setting up and using monitoring tools such as Big Brother, Network Eagle, HP Openview or ActiveXperts Network Monitor
• Understanding of scripting languages and automation tools

Elizabeth W. Mar 30, 2006 4:05 pm

Hello all!

I am a college student graduating in May with a BS in Telecommunications and a BA in English. I'm looking for a studio production job, preferably either east of the Mississippi River or in Texas. I have a year and a half experience working in a local TV station. If you know of anything availible, let me know. I am also happy to pass on my resume to interested employers.

Thanks!

goalie Mar 30, 2006 5:57 pm

And now it's my turn.....

I am a successful, highly motivated, and results oriented seasoned banking professional with over 25 years experience who possesses a creative vision tempered by a solid business background in management, planning, compliance and operations. A quick synopsis of some of my positions are:

Compliance Officer: Directed Bank Secrecy Act and Anti Money Laundering Operations, Customer Identification Processes and Know your Customer Policies for the branch network. Performed compliance risk analyses on clients and branch operations and reported findings to senior management and violations to appropriate regulatory authorities.

Savings Administrator: Managed, directed & coordinated all branch operations for 2 savings branches. Reviewed, modified, created and implemented Savings Administration policies and procedures and ensured that branches were in compliance with these procedures as well as Federal and State regulations. Managed, directed and assisted the savings branches in generating new business as well as retaining existing business

Assistant Vice President/Client Services Manager: Managed all branch personnel & operational activities for my home branch and provided direct operational and technical support for 6 additional branches. Directed new business development and expanded existing customer base. Developed long-range strategic approach for the branch’s growth

Area Operations Manager: Directed 35 branches in all technical and operational aspects of compliance, legal, security, and data processing. Developed and implemented new policies and procedures while streamlining existing policies and procedures to conform with renovated bank policy, state and federal regulations. Trained Operations Managers and organized and chaired Operations Managers’ meetings and workshops.