Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Oz Fest 18 Melbourne, VIC, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 27 to May 29, 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oz Fest 18 Melbourne, VIC, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 27 to May 29, 2022

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2022, 1:52 am

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
In the Novotel south wharf bar outside terrace level 6 for pre dinner drinks if anyone wishes to join
Storyteller and penegal like this.
Old May 28, 2022, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by QF WP
Seems that the issue was lack of available crew. Not the only flight to have that issue, another flight also delayed.
Same reason as me - must be a ripple effect. A SYD-bound flight this morning was cancelled around when I started boarding for a similar reason.
Storyteller likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 2:15 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Cheers to Ross for putting together such a beautiful walk in the Royal Botanical Garden. It's an amazing place in the heart of the Melbourne.
Old May 28, 2022, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by jswong
In the Novotel south wharf bar outside terrace level 6 for pre dinner drinks if anyone wishes to join
I wish I checked sooner I picked up some beers at liquorland and drank all by myself
Storyteller likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 2:54 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Worst Virgin flight experience, other than delay there was an intoxicated pax ahead in 3C who was talking waaaay too loud the whole way. Obnoxious idiot. Standing in the Skybus line so will be there about 7:45
Storyteller likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 3:42 am

Programs: First Time Flyer
Originally Posted by penegal
My “other” dinner has been cancelled due to illness of the protagonist, so I will now be free to attend Bang Pop tonight.

Don’t worry, I’ll be late just to live up to my brand… now what time does it start?
I thought it started at 8pm, not 7pm… I will be extremely late if I make it…
Storyteller likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver

Aus_Mal, Storyteller and kirkwoodj like this.
Old May 28, 2022, 9:34 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Was great to finally turn up late (thanks VA) and get around to most people at the long table.

I was asked to remember tom911 and wijomas and we all raised our glasses to them.

Certainly was enough food, some great chats and a bit of red wine 🍷 drunk and nothing quite like being told they were closing on us (the final 4 of us)
Spoiler

Old May 28, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: QF, AA, UA, AS, SW, CO
Was great to finally turn up late (thanks VA) and get around to most people at the long table.

I was asked to remember tom911 and wijomas and we all raised our glasses to them.

Certainly was enough food, some great chats and a bit of red wine 🍷 drunk and nothing quite like being told they were closing on us (the final 4 of us)
Spoiler

Ha! They started putting the chairs up on you!?? 🤣🤣
Always the sign of a good evening 😁
QF WP and Itsalongwaydown like this.
Old May 28, 2022, 9:54 am

Programs: QF, AA, UA, AS, SW, CO

Spoiler

And oh yes, missing Tom and Will. More contact for me with Will over many years! We had a very special Celebration of Life for Willy in New Orleans last month. RIP
QF WP likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 10:37 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Sorry to miss out, looks great. With you in spirit from AMS (and in CPH next week)
Storyteller likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Aussie Rules Football

For those going to the "Footy", the plan is to meet outside Gate 1 at "Marvel Stadium" at 12:30pm.

From there we enter, buy lunch (maybe a Meat Pie), perhaps a beer and make our way to out seats.

The game is scheduled to commence at 1:10pm and should be finished before 4pm.
Old May 28, 2022, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Footy Maps

Stadium

Gate 1

Access from Spencer Street corner with Bourke Street - up stairs/escalator and follow concourse through to stadium (advertising may be different).

Old May 28, 2022, 5:38 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Covid Doctor help

I'm getting nowhere trying to line up a prescriber for covid antiviral. I need to start it today. Anyone local with a good relationship with a doctor that can order this? The courtyard is no help. Any other suggestions?
Old May 28, 2022, 6:10 pm

Programs: QF WP, LTG, QP on hold
Originally Posted by rxgeek
I'm getting nowhere trying to line up a prescriber for covid antiviral. I need to start it today. Anyone local with a good relationship with a doctor that can order this? The courtyard is no help. Any other suggestions?
I don't know if it is available privately at all. I would have a chat with your travel insurance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.