Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Oz Fest 18 Melbourne, VIC, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 27 to May 29, 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oz Fest 18 Melbourne, VIC, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 27 to May 29, 2022

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2022, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Storyteller
Ouch! Hope you and to market to market don't get too bad a dose!
@To Market To Market's test this afternoon was negative but it is likely only a matter of time.
Storyteller likes this.

Last edited by serfty; May 30, 2022 at 3:57 pm
Old May 30, 2022, 5:21 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kpc
As we both work in healthcare, off to get a PCR test now
My PCR came back negative but the hospital is very strict so i need to do daily RATs before work for 7 days and need another PCR at Day 6. Today is Day 2 😞
restlessinRNO and Storyteller like this.
Old May 30, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by Storyteller
How are you two now?
After 2 frustrating days of trying to contact a teledoc, we decided to go to the ER. After a 3 hour wait at the Royal Melbourne Hospital we got a wonderful doctor who prescribed Paxlovid for me and made sure the pharmacy had it. The hospital waived their AUD$500+ fee d/t covid. The med was only $42.50. Aussie healthcare is very cheap when you can get it. We should get our PCR results today. I'm still confined to my Courtyard room until Saturday when we leave for the Sunshine Coast. They erroneously told my wife that she was confined, too and told us the quarantine expires Saturday at midnight. Hotels don't know the rules.
Thanks to all for your concerns and it was great to see everyone even for only a few hours.
Every one of our flights were either delayed or cancelled and now this. This turned into the trip from hell.
Storyteller likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
My symptoms kicked into overdrive on the flight from SYD. My rapid at LAX I took in flagship lounge shower I thought I could see faint positive line but it could have just been the lighting. I took rapid pcr and have to wait another few hours for the results
Storyteller likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
I tested myself this morning and have a positive test. I'm in Sydney and was supposed to leave on Friday. I'm guessing that's a no go. I'm a bit scared. I'll report it to the hotel and isolate.

Not sure what my next steps should be. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.
Storyteller likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 4:21 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Crikey, that's at least 4 attendees struck with it. Here is what I learned. Unless you are immune compromised you do not qualify for oral antiviral treatment. Treat the symptoms with acetaminophen (paracetamol) and ibuprofen. The hotel will order you to isolate in your room, unless leaving for medical care (including pharmacy?) for seven days after testing positive. In Victoria, the doctor said my wife, being a "close contact" must do a self test 5 times over the 7 days, a day apart. The tests are free at testing centers.You can leave any time on the 7th day if no symptoms. No testing needed. If you are immune compromised, pm me.
This is specific to WA https://www.wa.gov.au/government/doc...-close-contact.
Victoria https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/i...ase-contactNSW https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/stay-safe/rules
Old May 30, 2022, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by rxgeek
Crikey, ...
Yes, Victorian rules are that after having a positive RAT yesterday I must quarantine for 7 days being free on Monday if no more symptoms - no further tests needed. @To Market To Market as a close contact is free to travel around wearing a facemask as long as she has negative results over the five tests at least 24 hours apart.
Storyteller likes this.

Last edited by serfty; May 31, 2022 at 1:15 am
Old May 30, 2022, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

NSW (rules can vary by state)
https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/stay-safe/rules
https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/stay...solation-rules
https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/mana...-for-confirmed
https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/mana...ovid-and-close

All the best!
kpc and Storyteller like this.
Old May 30, 2022, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My PCR just came in positive.
Old May 30, 2022, 5:06 pm
kpc

Originally Posted by cocobird
I tested myself this morning and have a positive test. I'm in Sydney and was supposed to leave on Friday. I'm guessing that's a no go. I'm a bit scared. I'll report it to the hotel and isolate.

Not sure what my next steps should be. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.
Please read the NSW Health website for all the relevant info re Covid you need to know when in Sydney:
https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19

I note others have already posted this link upthread
Storyteller likes this.

Last edited by kpc; May 30, 2022 at 5:18 pm
Old May 30, 2022, 5:34 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Take care everyone. Hope you all have a quick and full recovery.
Storyteller likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
My PCR just came in positive.
You were lucky that your RAT was negative pre-departure.
Old May 30, 2022, 5:51 pm
kpc

Originally Posted by rxgeek
You were lucky that your RAT was negative pre-departure.
But how about his ongoing flights from Lax?
Old May 30, 2022, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kpc
But how about his ongoing flights from Lax?
I'm not sure they even care. Sucks I have to give up my Flagship Business upgrade for tonight. I should be out quarantine just in time for the LAX in n out do
Old May 30, 2022, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Thank you everyone for the advice and research links.
Storyteller likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.