Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Oz Fest 18 Melbourne, VIC, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 27 to May 29, 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oz Fest 18 Melbourne, VIC, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 27 to May 29, 2022

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2022, 11:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Staying at the Westin from May 24 - 30th (hoping my suite upgrade comes thru).
Ticketed on AIr Canada to Sydney, arriving May 24, transfer to Virgin Australia to MEL.
Flying back to SYD on May 30 on Qantas for the Vivid Sydney, leaving the grand country of Australia on June 3rd.
Governator likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 2:52 pm

I'm retracting my previous statement about attendance. Will not be travelling at all this May. Thanks
Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:04 am

Colour me Platinum. I'm local.
Oz Fest likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 11:23 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Originally Posted by lowjhg
I'm retracting my previous statement about attendance. Will not be travelling at all this May. Thanks
Well that's a bummer lowjhg. Hope to catch you maybe in SIN later in the year.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 8:09 pm

Programs: QF OWE, Le Club Gold
Please amend my rsvp to include a +1. Mrs Perk will be accompanying.
Kiwi Flyer and Oz Fest like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:04 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
I'm definitely attending - thought I had already posted - I'm Platinum. Mrs QF WP and the mini QF WP's are Silver (tinged with Bronze). They may attend via FaceTime (to say hi to their numerous FT friends)
Oz Fest likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Flight

Booked on AC 33, YVR, Tue 24May 23:15, arr Thu 07:45 26May
Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Sunday 29th May: Meet 12pm for game start 1pm - Aussie Rules Footy, North Melbourne Kangaroos v. St Kilda, Docklands. Tickets from ~AUD50 depending on seating location.

Note that tickets for the footy go on sale this coming Tuesday and will sell pretty quickly.

We want to buy as a block in order to sit together, so if you are certain you will attend please advise in thread as soon as possible.

Here is an outline of the remainder of the planned Itinerary, note the Friday/Saturday Evening options are yet to be finalised as to Venue/Mode/Cost.

Things have changed since COVID including costs, with substantial increases in prices compared to previous years.

Friday 27th May: 6pm - Meet and Greet over drinks and light snacks - start time is to be confirmed depending on responses. Possibly pre-paid in order to get a dedicated venue space for ourselves..

Saturday 28th May: 11am - Leisurely Walking Tour around the Kings Domain / Botanic Gardens, approx. 5km (3mi) - No charge for this.

Saturday 28th May: 7pm - Dinner TBA, but expect AUD100+ per person.
kirkwoodj, Antonio8069 and Oz Fest like this.

Last edited by serfty; May 3, 2022 at 4:22 pm
Old Apr 29, 2022, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Unfortunately, I must ask to be demoted to Bronze. A wedding invitation arrived a couple of weeks ago. I agonized over this but really can't skip the wedding.

I have lovely memories of a visit to Melbourne with my late wife in early 2018 before embarking on a cruise to and around New Zealand. Would have loved to revisit some of the same spots and see new ones. Not this year, though. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the next OzFest in 2023!
Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Given our schedules, Mrs. and myself will miss this year and are requesting assignment to Bronze.

Best of times to all and look forward to lots of photos and stories here in the thread.

David
Old Apr 29, 2022, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Great to see travel is freeing up globally, and a good number of foreign visitors look confirmed.

Sadly a family commitment means we need to downgrade to Bronze for 2022.

Have a great weekend folks!

Glen
Old Apr 29, 2022, 3:47 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by serfty
Sunday 28th May: Meet 12pm for game start 1pm - Aussie Rules Footy, North Melbourne Kangaroos v. St Kilda, Docklands. Tickets from ~AUD50 depending on seating location.

Note that tickets for the footy go on sale this coming Tuesday and will sell pretty quickly.

We want to buy as a block in order to sit together, so if you are certain you will attend please advise in thread as soon as possible.

Here is an outline of the remainder of the planned Itinerary, note the Friday/Saturday Evening options are yet to be finalised as to Venue/Mode/Cost.

Things have changed since COVID including costs, with substantial increases in prices compared to previous years.

Friday 27th May: 6pm - Meet and Greet over drinks and light snacks - start time is to be confirmed depending on responses. Possibly pre-paid in order to get a dedicated venue space for ourselves..

Saturday 27th May: 11am - Leisurely Walking Tour around the Kings Domain / Botanic Gardens, approx. 5km (3mi) - No charge for this.

Saturday 27th May: 7pm - Dinner TBA, but expect AUD100+ per person.
Everything looks great to me but the +1 is hoping there is an alternative to the footy. Also, I have been to two fabulous restaurants in Melbourne, Tipo 00 and Scopri and hope to hit at least one of I can get a res.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 6:17 pm

Staying at the Courtyard. Checkin 26th, checkout 29th.

Last edited by rxgeek; May 3, 2022 at 3:48 pm Reason: Date change.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by rxgeek
Staying at the Courtyard. Checkin 26th, checkout 30h.
Now you just need a flight home. I took a quick look at Scopri and Saturday & Sunday reservations are blocked off. Friday is open but before when I arrive, though the whole calendar looks this way. You should be able to at least get in with your +1

Last edited by CDKing; Apr 29, 2022 at 7:47 pm
Old May 1, 2022, 6:58 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Auusie rules footsie conformation

We (2) are 100 % in for tix. to see the footsie match. Hope this conformation makes it on time and to whom we pay 100 AUD for the tix?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.