Community
Wiki Posts
Search

11th Annual Brooklyn Reality Tour - June 4, 2011. Saturday

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2011, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Benny8444 and BonnieSea just cleared the waitlist. You have PM.

dh
Old Apr 12, 2011, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Bad news for me but good news to the next person on the waitlist. I've decided to drop out of BRT.

It was a really tough decision because I always wanted to see Brooklyn through the eyes of a real New Yorker. I've been doing some serious thinking and have came to the realization that I probably wont even be coherent after completing my two week trip to the other side of the world. Heck I barely survived my trip to London and back a few weekends ago. I don't want to end up being known as the guy who slept through the entire BRT.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 6:14 pm

I would love to join for lunch/dinner. BTW, I'm local.

Thanks!
Old Apr 12, 2011, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CDKing
I've decided to drop out of BRT.
Maybe I'll see you on BRT 12.

Originally Posted by Geekygal16
I would love to join for lunch/dinner. BTW, I'm local.
Details to be posted ... eventually. As of today, there are no plans to make any changes. If you're anxious to know the details, head back to the BRT 10 thread for the info. Link >>> http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...12-2010-a.html

Welcome aboard.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Hand waving here!

So, do we have payment info yet?
Old Apr 13, 2011, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
So, do we have payment info yet?
What's the rush.

I'm waiting to hear back from the cap guy about pricing. Details to follow later in the week.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

PM's regarding Paypal info are headed to your mailbox.

The cost last year was $45. The cost in 2011 is $41. Payment is due by April 25th.

Randy posted this... Randy will make a $10 donation per rider to the Susan B. Komen Foundation. http://ww5.komen.org/

Last year there was some money leftover the day before the BRT. I used that money to buy bakery goodies. This year, that's not happening. Any leftover funds will be donated to the Susan B. Komen Foundation.

This thread serves as official notice. Some of you have inboxes in need of spring cleaning.

Last edited by dhammer53; Apr 16, 2011 at 2:49 pm
Old Apr 16, 2011, 3:18 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by dhammer53

The cost last year was $45. The cost in 2011 is $41. Payment is due by April 25th.

Randy posted this... Randy will make a $10 donation per rider to the Susan B. Komen Foundation. http://ww5.komen.org/

Last year there was some money leftover the day before the BRT. I used that money to buy bakery goodies. This year, that's not happening. Any leftover funds will be donated to the Susan B. Komen Foundation.

This thread serves as official notice. Some of you have inboxes in need of spring cleaning.
And payment sent to you, as per my PM. If you don't get it, let me know so I can take it up with Paypal.

See y'all there. And I wholeheartedly agree with the plan to donate any extra funds as you wrote, with a thanks to Randy for doing so as well.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 7:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by dhammer53

A very good cause. ^

BTW a strong Canadian Dollar means the tour won't cost as much. Feels good while it lasts.

See all on the bus and thanks Dan.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Payment sent - looking forward to seeing folks!
Old Apr 17, 2011, 6:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Unfortunately, I just found that my niece's graduation is this weekend and I will have to bow out.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The first post has been updated to show payments received. *

ILuvParis, you're going to have to break the bad news to mary2e.

Just as an aside, every year I ask everyone to PM me their cell phone number. Truth be told, I'll never call you. The BRT pushes back on time at 10:00. Somewhere down the line, I'll PM everyone my cell number. If you're running late, you can call me. I'll happily give you directions to our first stop.

Several years back, I left one of my oldest and dear friends behind. I'll protect his identity, but if I can leave him behind, I'll leave you. Meow.

You'll read about pushback multiple times. Looks like everyone has gotten the message over the years. I do have a reputation to protect.

With one exception, there's no waitlist at this time. You can still sign up for the BRT.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 10:45 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My payment is sent. Don't worry, I'll be on time
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:25 am

Wow, I should really start looking at this forum - been a long-time lurker on the airline/hotel forums but never paid attention to these gatherings. This sounds like a lot of fun, please add me to the waitlist if there is still any possibility of space becoming available. Thanks!
Old Apr 20, 2011, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by firstglobal
This sounds like a lot of fun, please add me to the waitlist if there is still any possibility of space becoming available.
firstglobal, you're right about one thing... if you believe what you read... the BRT is fun.

I've PM'd all the confirmed attendees asking them to pay by April 25. Knowing the way travel schedules change, I'm guessing that you'll clear the waitlist. Take a look at the first post on page 1 to see where you are on the list.

On April 26, I'll assume those that haven't paid (unless there are arrangements made) aren't coming. At this point I'll start removing the non-paid from the list to make room for you and other waitlisted folks.

I have the option of getting a bus that holds 50 instead of 55.

Edit Almost half have paid. ^

dh

Last edited by dhammer53; Apr 20, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.