Reload this Page >

11th Annual Brooklyn Reality Tour - June 4, 2011. Saturday

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

11th Annual Brooklyn Reality Tour - June 4, 2011. Saturday

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2011, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt. RewardsNetwork dining.
Burgers in Brooklyn?

Hi Dan,
On the tour last month, you recommended some burgers; sounded like a French name and you made a French <kissing air> gesture.
Was it this place?

Autour du Monde
http://www.restaurantautourdumonde.com/
http://www.yelp.com/biz/autour-du-monde-brooklyn

"Grilled Organic Half-Pound Hamburger on brioche bread with mayo, coleslaw, tomato and red onion, served with French fries.
Topped with gouda, swiss or cheddar for an additional 1.50"
That's a French restaurant though, not a burger place, so I wanted to ask you. Thanks!
Old Jul 4, 2011, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by BonnieSEA
Hi Dan,
On the tour last month, you recommended some burgers; sounded like a French name

That's a French restaurant though, not a burger place, so I wanted to ask you. Thanks!
This is the place. http://www.dumontburger.com/
They have 2 locations. This one is just about across the street from where the bus broke down.

Dan
Old Jul 4, 2011, 1:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by dhammer53
This is the place. http://www.dumontburger.com/
They have 2 locations. This one is just about across the street from where the bus broke down.
I thought we were phrasing that mechanical difficulty as a specially "enhanced" extended Brooklyn experience for BRT11 riders.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 8:01 am

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
For those of you interested in the early Dutch beginnings in New Amsterdam, there's an article in the NY Times today about the lineage descending from one of the 1st 200 people to settle there:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/ny...oldest.html?hp
Old Dec 29, 2011, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Info on BRT 12 will be posted within 6 weeks.

Depending on my schedule, the date will be June 2 or June 9.

BRT goes nostalgic in 2012. Going back to our roots circa BRT 4 - 8 and use a 25 passenger van. After our little MX last year with the bus, it's time for a change.

dh
Old Dec 29, 2011, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club

BRT goes nostalgic in 2012. Going back to our roots circa BRT 4 - 8 and use a 25 passenger van. After our little MX last year with the bus, it's time for a change.

dh
Though I was pretty impressed with some of the streets the driver was able to fit the bus on. One truly almost didn't work if that guy didn't show up right then with car keys.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 11:34 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

dh
I'm in no matter what! Can't wait!
Old Dec 29, 2011, 8:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver

Too bad as I'm in CDG the first half of June so will miss BRT 12. I'll aim for BRT13 unless you've downsized again to a 1968 Chev Impala Station Wagon.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by tcook052
I thought we were phrasing that mechanical difficulty as a specially "enhanced" extended Brooklyn experience for BRT11 riders.
I thought it was a planned beer stop from Duane Reade??
Old Jan 10, 2012, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel

dh
Will the date be posted sooner than 6 weeks from now?

We need all the time we can get to find good airfares to NYC!
Old Jan 10, 2012, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tcook052
I'm always looking for creative ways to enhance the tour, especially for regular riders (see below).

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Will the date be posted sooner than 6 weeks from now?

We need all the time we can get to find good airfares to NYC!
Kathy, good airfares are an oxymoron these days. I've been watching fares from HPN to SFO and they haven't budged the past 6 weeks. $318 + taxes.

I won't post a thread until I can confirm my schedule. Let's say there's a 99% chance of BRT12 happening on June 2, 2012.

I'd ask those interested in attending to post on the new thread when posted.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I'm always looking for creative ways to enhance the tour, especially for regular riders (see below).

Kathy, good airfares are an oxymoron these days. I've been watching fares from HPN to SFO and they haven't budged the past 6 weeks. $318 + taxes.

I won't post a thread until I can confirm my schedule. Let's say there's a 99% chance of BRT12 happening on June 2, 2012.

I'd ask those interested in attending to post on the new thread when posted.
Indeed, the MX was a creative enhancement! It happened in a cool part of town!

Dan, I understand about airfares these days.... let's just say there are high fares and less-high fares. (Also, I'm going to lose my 1K status this year , so using an award reservation as a backup with no costs for cancellation isn't going to be possible.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.