Reload this Page >

11th Annual Brooklyn Reality Tour - June 4, 2011. Saturday

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

11th Annual Brooklyn Reality Tour - June 4, 2011. Saturday

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
I hope everyone had as great a time as I had! Let's do it again next year (minus the bus breakdown, though...)
Old Jun 5, 2011, 3:35 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Originally Posted by dhammer53
Every year, the BRT manages to have a magical moment. You can refer to the first post to read past Moments.

So the Moment of BRT 11 was BRT 11 and it's gracious passengers. ^
Ok I am going to call BS on that statement. Each and everyone who was a passenger knows it was the guy pictured below that gave to each and every moment to make the trip memorable for each and everyone.
Thank you for a wonderful day. ^

Old Jun 5, 2011, 7:30 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Sounds like another wonderful tour! I would like to be the first to officilly register for the BRT12!
Old Jun 5, 2011, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by magic111
Ok I am going to call BS on that statement. Each and everyone who was a passenger knows it was the guy pictured below that gave to each and every moment to make the trip memorable for each and everyone.
Thank you for a wonderful day. ^
Agreed - thank you to our gracious host - I'll wear my hat with pride!
Old Jun 6, 2011, 11:09 am

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
Great time, with a big thank you to Dan.

Also want to correct some bad info I gave out to a few people: the record of 68 hot dogs in the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest was in 10 minutes, not 5; still an impressive achievement. Joey Chestnut, the defending 4-times in a row present champion, holds that record and will be at it again this year.
http://nathansfamous.com/PageFetch/getpage.php?pgid=26
Old Jun 6, 2011, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond
big shout out to dan for organizing and leading it. it was my first BRT and i had a good time and meeting you all.

looking forward to the next one.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott, IHG, Amtrak
Many thanks to Dan for organizing a great and memorable tour. It was great catching up with and meeting new FTers. Only problem with the tour is that I think I've become addicted to the L&B square pizza. Wish they did mail order.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Originally Posted by yunicorner
Many thanks to Dan for organizing a great and memorable tour. It was great catching up with and meeting new FTers. Only problem with the tour is that I think I've become addicted to the L&B square pizza. Wish they did mail order.
I smell monthly L&B runs in the summer...
Old Jun 6, 2011, 3:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Here's a big thank you to Dan for organizing the best FT event I've been to. I was one of the ones who ran out during the bus breakdown and I felt badly about doing it and missing the dinner so I will have to return next year and no matter what, will stay for the whole event!

It was great meeting everyone and I really liked all the conversation. I'm going to have some pictures of the event of Facebook, you're all welcome to add me. Shoot me a PM for my email.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 5:55 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
I'll head to L&B for lunch (like the first 7 BRT's) .....If Missy comes, I'll add a stop at a Firehouse.

dh

YAY and Double YAY!
Old Jun 6, 2011, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
I smell monthly L&B runs in the summer...
Stop. Tempting. Me. That was truly heavenly pizza...
Old Jun 6, 2011, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
I have to echo the thanks to Dan for a great day. I have to admit I never really ventured much past Manhattan when I came into the city (grew up in NJ) so it was great to see another side of NYC.

The food was awesome, the group was awesome and Dan was awesome. The bus breakdown really just meant we all stood next to the bus talking to each other instead of doing it ON the bus and constantly interrupting Dan . Of course the post-BRT drinking was a blast as well. We had some FTers from as far as Philly come up just for that, along with a bunch of non-FTers that thought we were all nuts (but were a little jealous at the same time).

And finally FT Jr. made it safely to Austin, where he'll be chillin' until he hits up Istanbul and Dubai in a couple weeks.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
It was such a treat to have Randy on the tour!^ Thanks for treating some of us to pizza @ L&B -- you're such a generous guy!

It was fun experiencing BRT for the 2nd time, & I really enjoyed it more this time, Dan! Thanks for your wonderful hosting & tourguiding!^ Also appreciated Canarsie's added insights!
Old Jun 7, 2011, 1:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
I could think of worse places to be stuck in a delay than Brooklyn with a bunch of FTers. I enjoyed meeting all and may try to keep the calendar open for BRT12.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
...And that was in addition to the bus arriving 30 minutes late.
Good thing the bus driver was not a "customer" of the BRT, or the bus would have left at 10AM sharp......without him.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.