FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

NTP9766 Feb 1, 2019 3:01 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 30726314)
I have never received an email from a chat request match, only a snail mail.

I have had the 15K post ( statement closed) before the snail mail arrived.

From what I have seen so far if the chat person says that you will get the match there is no reason to believe you won't, it's actually easier than the old SM days as I don't have to log on later to look for a reply.

This. FWIW, the chat reps can actually validate the match on their end. When I chatted with them about my last card, they copied and pasted the text from their system about the 15k bonus match approval.

bobby21 Feb 1, 2019 9:25 am

Very low credit line

Always got credit line of $13-15000 on approval, totday called in and approved for just $5600. Has anyone had this experience? Does this mean I should slow down?

mia Feb 1, 2019 9:42 am

Originally Posted by bobby21 (Post 30727732)
...Does this mean I should slow down?

There is a maximum amount of credit that any issuer will extend to every individual. Have you been lowering the limits to match what you actually need, and closing cards that you do not intend to use?

bobby21 Feb 1, 2019 10:04 am

Yes Mia. I have always had 2 Citi cards with $13-15k credit lines each open at the same time. My income has not changed and I never carry balances.

Happy Feb 1, 2019 10:21 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 30726314)
I have never received an email from a chat request match, only a snail mail.

I have had the 15K post ( statement closed) before the snail mail arrived.

From what I have seen so far if the chat person says that you will get the match there is no reason to believe you won't, it's actually easier than the old SM days as I don't have to log on later to look for a reply.

There is no reply anymore. We can still send the SM via the work around method, and actually receive the old fashion email about "Your request has been forwarded" like in the old days but there is no more reply - instead some of use received emails and some of us received snail mail, to confirm the match.

I have never had a chat person told me I would get the match, but always just "successfully submit a request for the marketing dept to handle" type of action. Nonetheless, it seems both ways work but if one does not receive any feedback in 10 days, definitely worth to chat again - either the rep can see the match has been done, or the rep starts it anew. No difference from the traditional HUCA.

Happy Feb 1, 2019 10:28 am

Originally Posted by bobby21 (Post 30727917)
Yes Mia. I have always had 2 Citi cards with $13-15k credit lines each open at the same time. My income has not changed and I never carry balances.

It is not just your income which is just a factor among a myriad of factors in the bank's system.

If you follow this thread, most people lower their credit lines similar to what you have, RIGHT AFTER they got their cards, and then lower it to the minimum $2K once they finished the spend and paid off the card.
On top of that, lowered CL seems to return the "freed up" amount to your profile much quicker than say, you canceled a card at the 13 to 15K level.

It probably is better to gradually reduce the CLs while not overly impact your utilization rate (which when used to calculate FICO, is the across issuers available CLs being used.)

NTP9766 Feb 1, 2019 10:31 am

Depending on how many cards you intend to carry, you may not have to lower the CL right away. I never have. I've carried three cards at once before, and know my CL with Citi was over $40k back then. Now that I only carry two at once, I leave my initial $15-16k balance in tact until I meet the spend, lower to $2k, close the card 3 days later, and then apply for a new card 7 days later.

Ops5 Feb 1, 2019 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by AndyGator87 (Post 30725395)
Following up to confirm what has long been suspected: even if the bonus doesn't show on the application page, still works.

Mailer had 12/31 expiration, applied 1/20 (auto approved), activated today and confirmed via chat I have the offers that were stated on the mailer.

So no need to worry about using mailers from 2018.

Good to hear. Thanks for the data point.

flyer4512 Feb 1, 2019 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 30728013)
There is no reply anymore. We can still send the SM via the work around method, and actually receive the old fashion email about "Your request has been forwarded" like in the old days but there is no more reply - instead some of use received emails and some of us received snail mail, to confirm the match.

I have never had a chat person told me I would get the match, but always just "successfully submit a request for the marketing dept to handle" type of action. Nonetheless, it seems both ways work but if one does not receive any feedback in 10 days, definitely worth to chat again - either the rep can see the match has been done, or the rep starts it anew. No difference from the traditional HUCA.

Originally Posted by NTP9766 (Post 30726638)

This. FWIW, the chat reps can actually validate the match on their end. When I chatted with them about my last card, they copied and pasted the text from their system about the 15k bonus match approval.

IMO just wait until the first statement closes. I have never been denied a match via SM or Chat

darthbimmer Feb 1, 2019 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by darthbimmer (Post 30725750)
I sent SM for an offer match 6 days ago. Within a few hours I got this form response via email:
<...>
"Within 24 hours"? Well it's 6 days later and still nothing. Based on a few comments upthread it seems that taking a week or so is not uncommon so I think I'll give it another few days before trying again.

It never fails. Within six hours of me posting about it here, Citi finally sent me an email confirmation. So the total turnaround time on an SM request was 7 days.

Kevin3636 Feb 2, 2019 6:37 am

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC (Post 30723228)

did you get the match . Reading on iPhone so if I missed it sorry

Will try again today and update. After seeing some of the replies here it looks like I asked for too much since my original offer was low (40k+10k) so I'm going to try asking for a specific amount.

Kevin3636 Feb 2, 2019 7:07 am

Originally Posted by IkeEsq (Post 30716737)
This happened several times when they started to crack down on match requests. All requests started going through a single group, etc. We tried 20,000 several times and got rejected and then did 15,000 and had no problem. This was about a year ago.

I would try again asking for a specific amount, it seems like 15,000 might be a cutoff now for the 50K+10K offers, but you might be OK asking for 20,000 on a 40K=10K offer.

Just tried again in chat. I asked for a specific 15K courtesy match but also referenced that I had asked for a match before which might have been a mistake. Rep looked into my account and responded saying she put in a request for 75K to the American Airlines team and that I "should not worry". She also said "If i qualify I will receive the match". I'm expecting another denial lol. If anyone is interested I will update when I get the letter.

bobby21 Feb 2, 2019 10:00 am

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 30728048)
It is not just your income which is just a factor among a myriad of factors in the bank's system.

If you follow this thread, most people lower their credit lines similar to what you have, RIGHT AFTER they got their cards, and then lower it to the minimum $2K once they finished the spend and paid off the card.
On top of that, lowered CL seems to return the "freed up" amount to your profile much quicker than say, you canceled a card at the 13 to 15K level.

It probably is better to gradually reduce the CLs while not overly impact your utilization rate (which when used to calculate FICO, is the across issuers available CLs being used.)

Maybe thats the mistake I made. Did not lower the CL before canceling the old card. I'm wiser now, thanks.

ahhlun Feb 2, 2019 3:46 pm

I have gotten personal mailers, but I want Business mailers...

How can I get the business ones instead?

RobertHanson Feb 3, 2019 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Alan Lun (Post 30732437)
I have gotten personal mailers, but I want Business mailers...

How can I get the business ones instead?

Sorry, but I really doubt that anyone knows the answer to that.