FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

Troopers Feb 13, 2019 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 30774507)
Can you open the application page and see if the 24 months language is NOT present? Also the recipient's personal data prefilled?

I do NOT see the 24 month language on the app page. The personal data is prefilled and can be overwritten.

VegasGambler Feb 13, 2019 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 30774567)
Sorry I missed it when first read it. Indeed, that important paragraph is NOT on the email SIL received. Her account is very new so I am actually surprised when the email arrives. Then it turns out is a worthless email. lol.

Yours and Troopers should work the same as physical mailers IF there is no 24 months language on the top of the application screen itself.

Clicking APPLY NOW takes you to a page that looks the same as http://citi.com/applynowAAplatinumselectcard, except that the 9-digit code is pre-filled with the code from the email (the last name is not filled in; you need to fill that in yourself) The resulting application page has all information pre-filled, and can be changed, wth no 24-month language. The entire flow is identical to that of the physical mailers.

However: Attempting to use the one that was emailed on 1/11 (expiration 2/4) did not work -- it claimed that the information did not match their records. If the emailed ones don't extend their expiration dates by 2 months like the physical ones do, they only have about 3 weeks of validity. Note that 2/4 is only 9 days ago, so, probably, there is no grace period at all on the expiration.

IkeEsq Feb 13, 2019 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 30773911)
Is that the entire email? The Wikipost statement that eMailers do not work dates to reports from 2017 of email solicitations which did include a nine-digit invitation code, but also included the 24 month exclusion language.

I thought that some of the email offers that did not work had no explicit 24-month language on the invitation. Either it was buried in the linked T&C or was on the application page. I don't recall exactly but these reports from the last week or so are the first successful email solicitations I have read about.

LWT3 Feb 14, 2019 10:48 am

Originally Posted by IkeEsq (Post 30775679)
I thought that some of the email offers that did not work had no explicit 24-month language on the invitation. Either it was buried in the linked T&C or was on the application page. I don't recall exactly but these reports from the last week or so are the first successful email solicitations I have read about.

To confuse matters further, I had an e-mail offer a year or so ago that contained 24 month language, but I applied, not realizing that language was there, and I received the points anyway. I do not plan to try that again.

HolyTiger Feb 14, 2019 4:48 pm

I have 8 AA family members I helped signup, 2 received mailers recently.

once I use one of the codes attached to their AA#, will that family member continue receiving mailers or will I continuously have to find new family members to signup?

NTP9766 Feb 14, 2019 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by HolyTiger (Post 30779834)
I have 8 AA family members I helped signup, 2 received mailers recently.

once I use one of the codes attached to their AA#, will that family member continue receiving mailers or will I continuously have to find new family members to signup?

The mailers will dry up once you use one addressed to yourself. Just have everyone apply using another person’s mailer.

SLINKYTRAVEL Feb 14, 2019 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 30755428)
Let us know the results, particularly if it's some timing thing that goes against what's in the FAQ, or if they are imposing some other rule that is not well-known here.

Hey VegasGambler...just got the snail mail with the cause for rejection:

"We reviewed your application and can't approve it because: Too many recent credit inquiries are recorded on your credit bureau report."

Is this the same language of a "Multiple Applications of Credit "(MAC) reject reason? In other words, is this due to my possible violation of the 8/65 rule. I believed I had counted everything correctly...I have done this many times (and keep a strict calendar) but hey, you never know...Or can it be that I am currently applying for pre-approvals for a new Mortgage and have been hit recently with multiple inquiries on my credit report (even though this had only a very marginal effect on my overall score). If that is the case, then I guess calling the Citi Reconsideration Line might help....all advice appreciated. Thanks!

shimps1 Feb 14, 2019 7:47 pm

deleted

bigshooter Feb 14, 2019 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by shimps1 (Post 30780359)
Is anyone else struggling to get to the SM page? I am trying to get there via the "Request Card Agreement" and the 'Request Credit Limit Increase" links, and both take me to a new page I haven't seen before, that doesn't have the typical link to the SM workaround.

Not to start a war in the wrong thread, but why are people still using SM? I'm 4 for 4 on matches with chat and have also used it to close cards and reduce limits. Works pretty well IMO vs trying to figure out a constantly changing workaround.

Richard Berg Feb 14, 2019 9:52 pm

SM never stopped working for me. I use the regular Contact Us page like always. I suspect it's different because I have a Citigold account linked to the same profile. (other bits of web UI are also subtlely different, to the point that tech support reps from the Credit Card side of the house often don't know how to work it)

SeeBuyFly Feb 14, 2019 11:19 pm

I was going to say SM still works for me, but I tried to get to the page and got a different increase-credit-limit page (more 'modern' layout, no left column with links). Then I reloaded it and it went back to the usual page, and I was able to get to the SM page.

NTP9766 Feb 15, 2019 4:20 am

I can get to the SM page, but opted to close my card via the phone yesterday because I was in a rush to get things done.

shimps1 Feb 15, 2019 6:26 am

deleted

IkeEsq Feb 15, 2019 7:27 am

Originally Posted by NTP9766 (Post 30779871)

The mailers will dry up once you use one addressed to yourself. Just have everyone apply using another person’s mailer.

I think that if an addressee applies for a card, mailer or no, they will stop getting offers. People get offers because they have not had a card before or in a while, not because they have not used their mailers.

NTP9766 Feb 15, 2019 7:38 am

My bad, that's correct. Just sign up fictitious names and never worry about it.