FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

NTP9766 Jan 30, 2019 7:29 am

Four separate mailers for each person? That's definitely more than my two per person (four total). Nice.

fredc84 Jan 30, 2019 9:06 am

Originally Posted by NTP9766 (Post 30718541)
Four separate mailers for each person? That's definitely more than my two per person (four total). Nice.

Sorry, no, 4 total over 2 people. Sorry about the misstatement.

boris10475 Jan 30, 2019 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Alan Lun (Post 30717726)
I find it extremely difficult to find JAL F class. :(

No F, only J and Y.Pax of 6.

RobertHanson Jan 30, 2019 11:23 am

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum (Post 30716542)
I will be at 7/6 until the end of Feb, then 5/6. I have a 9-digit mailer which "expires" Dec 31. As far as I know mailers (always? usually?) don't work more than 2 months after "expiration". So the dilemma is, do I app by Feb 27 and risk 7/6 rejection, or app after that and risk "too old" rejection? I don't expect rejection on other grounds -- score is over 800, and I just got a Plat via another mailer Jan 17.

Thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

I doubt it would be a "rejection", ie with an HP and adding to the Citi 2/65 limits. Rather what's likely to happen is that the app will just not load. App: "Not found"...….

But still, you wouldn't get the card/bonus once it expires.

If you have a long and good history with Citi, 7/6 should be fine. In the past, I've been approved at 8/6, and rejected at 9/6.

If you don't have that relationship with Citi, 7/6 could be a problem.

"Do you feel lucky, punk, do you?" :p

HolyTiger Jan 30, 2019 2:51 pm

How long after “family” AA account creation are people receiving mailers?

i have 4 that were setup in October and an additional 4 setup in December.

NTP9766 Jan 30, 2019 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by HolyTiger (Post 30720669)
How long after “family” AA account creation are people receiving mailers?

i have 4 that were setup in October and an additional 4 setup in December.

3-4 months in my experience.

Happy Jan 30, 2019 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by Alan Lun (Post 30717726)
I find it extremely difficult to find JAL F class. :(

JL releases additional availability about 2 weeks before departure. But if you cannot travel in short notice then this would not help you, For those who can, outside busy season JL F is not hard to find, often has more than 1 available, unlike CX.
You need to follow the specific partners threads in AA forum if you want to be more successful in redeeming AA miles on various partners.

PETERPNYC Jan 31, 2019 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Kevin3636 (Post 30711342)
Read through a few posts and didn't see this yet. After receiving my card I was told in chat that I would get a courtesy match no problem. A letter came in the mail today that said I was not solicited for the offer mentioned and that I need to send a copy front and back of the offer I received. First time asking for a match didn't go too well lol.

did you get the match . Reading on iPhone so if I missed it sorry

AndyGator87 Jan 31, 2019 5:14 pm

Following up to confirm what has long been suspected: even if the bonus doesn't show on the application page, still works.

Mailer had 12/31 expiration, applied 1/20 (auto approved), activated today and confirmed via chat I have the offers that were stated on the mailer.

So no need to worry about using mailers from 2018.

SpammersAreScum Jan 31, 2019 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by AndyGator87 (Post 30725395)
Following up to confirm what has long been suspected: even if the bonus doesn't show on the application page, still works.

Mailer had 12/31 expiration, applied 1/20 (auto approved), activated today and confirmed via chat I have the offers that were stated on the mailer.

So no need to worry about using mailers from 2018.

Yeah, I used one of those successfully Jan 17 and will be trying another Feb 22.

darthbimmer Jan 31, 2019 7:20 pm

I sent SM for an offer match 6 days ago. Within a few hours I got this form response via email:

We have forwarded your inquiry to the appropriate department for handling. Within 24 hours, you will receive an email notice that we have replied to your inquiry. At that time, simply log into Account Online to view the response.
"Within 24 hours"? Well it's 6 days later and still nothing. Based on a few comments upthread it seems that taking a week or so is not uncommon so I think I'll give it another few days before trying again.

VegasGambler Jan 31, 2019 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by darthbimmer (Post 30725750)
I sent SM for an offer match 6 days ago. Within a few hours I got this form response via email:

"Within 24 hours"? Well it's 6 days later and still nothing. Based on a few comments upthread it seems that taking a week or so is not uncommon so I think I'll give it another few days before trying again.

Took 10 days for me.

24 hours is not going to happen; ignore that.

flyer4512 Jan 31, 2019 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by darthbimmer (Post 30725750)

I have used chat for the match 3 times, no problems. It takes 5 minutes

Happy Jan 31, 2019 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 30726005)
I have used chat for the match 3 times, no problems. It takes 5 minutes

I believe the poster is thinking about the email / snail mail confirmation that subsequently come.

So far the chats I have done were to send a request. Then a couple days later an email to confirm such arrives.

flyer4512 Jan 31, 2019 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 30726213)
I believe the poster is thinking about the email / snail mail confirmation that subsequently come.

So far the chats I have done were to send a request. Then a couple days later an email to confirm such arrives.

I have never received an email from a chat request match, only a snail mail.

I have had the 15K post ( statement closed) before the snail mail arrived.

From what I have seen so far if the chat person says that you will get the match there is no reason to believe you won't, it's actually easier than the old SM days as I don't have to log on later to look for a reply.