Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Accepting applications as of 1.31.2019 50,000 points for $4,000 spend in 90 days:

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/credit-card-details/citi.action?ID=citi-prestige-card#ddl-pricinfo

Bonus ThankYou Points are not available if you received a new cardmember bonus for Citi Rewards+℠, Citi ThankYou® Preferred, Citi ThankYou® Premier/Citi Premier℠ or Citi Prestige®, or if you have closed any of these cards, in the past 24 months.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by foo
Have you tested or been able to confirm that the Prestige 4th Night Free through the TY portal still stacks with the Premier 1.25 cents per point when booking?
A booking I made in Sep stacked properly. Note that there is also a code out there for an additional $75 off if purchase is > a certain sum.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 6:46 am
soy

Programs: various
Any DP's for getting the global entry credit for a second time?
Citi's rule is once every 5yrs, but wondering how well that is enforced (Citi's IT afterall). Reckon its been 4yrs since I last used this credit

Travel Credit + renewed global entry + some sort of retention would probably keep the card alive for another year for me.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
my 495 annual fee just hit and i'm out! when i called to cancel (to ask for retention too) they said i had 37 days to cancel to get the fee credited back? does that sound right?

If so, how shady is it to cancel the first week of January so I can use the $250 travel credit - i can easily book a flight on jan 1st!

what do you guys think?
Old Nov 29, 2019, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Just wondering how strict Citi is with Prestige applications? I just got the Premier and I'm already putting all of my travel spending on the card. Probably $6-7k since I got it. I'm thinking of applying for the Prestige. Not sure if Citi is as strict as Chase when assessing CSR applications.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 2:34 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
Just wondering how strict Citi is with Prestige applications? ....
The soonest you would be eligible for a Prestige bonus is 24 months after you received the Premier bonus.

Bonus ThankYou® Points are not available if you received a new cardmember bonus for Citi Rewards+℠, Citi ThankYou® Preferred, Citi ThankYou® Premier/Citi Premier℠ or Citi Prestige®, or if you have closed any of these accounts, in the past 24 months
Old Dec 1, 2019, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by mia
The soonest you would be eligible for a Prestige bonus is 24 months after you received the Premier bonus.

What if I don't care about the Prestige bonus? I don't think it's worth waiting 2 years to apply for the Prestige just to get the WB.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by bbmatt
my 495 annual fee just hit and i'm out! when i called to cancel (to ask for retention too) they said i had 37 days to cancel to get the fee credited back? does that sound right?

If so, how shady is it to cancel the first week of January so I can use the $250 travel credit - i can easily book a flight on jan 1st!

what do you guys think?
No need to wait till Jan 1st, you can start spending after your Dec statement closes, but you'll get reimbursed when your Jan statement closes. Not sure if it'll get posted if you close the card, but you can try.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by yugi
My card was renewed yesterday, it's still $350. However, I'm still Citigold.
I have Citigold. My card renewed yesterday and the AMF became $495. I called Citigold and they told me a $145 credit should automatically appear on my card in the next 1 to 3 months.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
I have Citigold. My card renewed yesterday and the AMF became $495. I called Citigold and they told me a $145 credit should automatically appear on my card in the next 1 to 3 months.
I've got $350 right away, with no credits.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
For those of you cancelling -- where are you parking your TYPs? Or do you guys hold a separate Premier card or similar?
Old Dec 10, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA PLT; UA PLT
I've had the Prestige since around 2013 (when it came with Admirals Club access). I've stuck with it, and it's been a good card for my partner and me with the 4th night free, but I'm wondering if there isn't any reason I shouldn't just burn my 130k TYPs on a statement credit, since it's 1:1 and I don't have any current travel plans that I could do a points transfer for. AF will be due in January. We have no problem getting the travel credit, and we could probably still use the 4th night free even with the new restrictions, but it seems silly to have too many $450+ AF cards, and the insurance changes to the Prestige really hurt (travel insurance is one thing, but we also rent cars a lot but don't have car insurance because we live in a city and don't own a personal car). Am I missing something if I cancel and switch to CSR or Amex Platinum (if we even want to keep a high-fee card?). Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by dcaiadflyer
I've had the Prestige since around 2013 (when it came with Admirals Club access). I've stuck with it, and it's been a good card for my partner and me with the 4th night free, but I'm wondering if there isn't any reason I shouldn't just burn my 130k TYPs on a statement credit, since it's 1:1 and I don't have any current travel plans that I could do a points transfer for. AF will be due in January. We have no problem getting the travel credit, and we could probably still use the 4th night free even with the new restrictions, but it seems silly to have too many $450+ AF cards, and the insurance changes to the Prestige really hurt (travel insurance is one thing, but we also rent cars a lot but don't have car insurance because we live in a city and don't own a personal car). Am I missing something if I cancel and switch to CSR or Amex Platinum (if we even want to keep a high-fee card?). Thanks!
I don't think you are missing anything if you drop Prestige for CSR, but from my perspective if you can use the 4th night free benefit, this card becomes pretty close to net-0 cost. Why not keep it and also get CSR for rental car coverage? High AF cards are not really high fee if the net cost is close to zero. I have Prestige, Amex Plat and soon CSR. Amex plat is the only one I'd consider dropping because using the benefits are so difficult. I even have the Amex Gold and I'd sooner drop that than Prestige because the Gold restaurant benefit is a PITA.

But hey, the more people drop Prestige the easier it will be for me to get a retention bonus, so go for it :-)
Old Dec 10, 2019, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Polytonic
For those of you cancelling -- where are you parking your TYPs? Or do you guys hold a separate Premier card or similar?
i transfered everything to lifemiles because they had the 25% bonus... haha i may have way too many lifemiles now, but i'm a star alliance flyer and wasnt sure where else to park it - so the bonus was nice!
Old Dec 10, 2019, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Polytonic
Spend them.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 7:30 pm

Datapoint on Citigold credit for Citi prestige:

11/11/2020 - $495 Annual fee posted.
12/10//2020 - $145 Relationship Credit CitiGold posted.
ithinkurdumb likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.