Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Accepting applications as of 1.31.2019 50,000 points for $4,000 spend in 90 days:

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/credit-card-details/citi.action?ID=citi-prestige-card#ddl-pricinfo

Bonus ThankYou Points are not available if you received a new cardmember bonus for Citi Rewards+℠, Citi ThankYou® Preferred, Citi ThankYou® Premier/Citi Premier℠ or Citi Prestige®, or if you have closed any of these cards, in the past 24 months.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2019, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by bookeew
I do not think that hotel stays count. However, other travel, like Uber/Lyft/airfare does.

Currently, hotels should generally be eligible. You can still book through the Concierge, who can call the hotel if necessary.

The ThankYou page lists Baros Maldives at North Male Atoll, Baros Island, MV as available for your dates with $687.88 per night: $3,480.24 USD total (after the 4th night benefit), including $728.70 USD taxes and fees and savings $687.66.
Thank you very much!!!!
Old Jul 12, 2019, 6:53 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion of whether Citi sponsored Priority Pass Select memberships will still have access to participating airport restaurants has been moved:

Citi Prestige: Priority Pass Select membership.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by luv2vacay
Thank you very much!!!!
I have gotten hotel stays (booked directly with a property) to count for the $250 travel credit.

That was recently, maybe in Jan/Feb of this year.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
"Earn $15 Back" promo (targeted?)

I'm not sure if this belongs here. I got this promo by email this morning:

" add your Citi Prestige card to Apply Pay and earn a one-time $15 statement credit after you make three purchases between 7/22/2019 and 9/30/2019. The combined amount of all three purchases must total $50 or more."

Update: It appears to be targeted. In the terms "Offer is non-transferable and only available for the account noted in this email"

Last edited by I Love to Travel; Jul 22, 2019 at 10:59 am Reason: add targeted info
Old Jul 24, 2019, 10:07 am

I've gotten those for other Citi cards & Virtual Wallets too
Old Aug 10, 2019, 9:51 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Is the $100 annual fee reduction only for CitiGold members? or for Citi Priority members too?
Old Aug 11, 2019, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
Is the $100 annual fee reduction only for CitiGold members? or for Citi Priority members too?
The stated fee reduction is for CG....but apparently the mechanics of the reduction are different now.

And there are plenty of datapoints of people with NO accounts even getting the lower fee if they applied in branch with a paper form.

Citi just being Citi!
RedSun likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 7:19 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by akr1970akr
The stated fee reduction is for CG....but apparently the mechanics of the reduction are different now.

And there are plenty of datapoints of people with NO accounts even getting the lower fee if they applied in branch with a paper form.

Citi just being Citi!
There is no Citi branch anywhere close to me. Citi has closed many local branches....
Old Sep 23, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
CITI Prestige Cancellation

With all the cuts to the CITI Prestige card, it isn't worth it to me anymore, so I'll be cancelling in April 2020 when my annual fee would renew. However, even with this cancellation, can I still take advantage of the $200 travel reimbursement for the year starting 1/1/20? As well as one or two hotel bookings for the 4th night free?
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
With all the cuts to the CITI Prestige card, it isn't worth it to me anymore, so I'll be cancelling in April 2020 when my annual fee would renew. However, even with this cancellation, can I still take advantage of the $200 travel reimbursement for the year starting 1/1/20? As well as one or two hotel bookings for the 4th night free?
The $250 travel credit is automatic, and the 4th night free only works on prepaid reservations now, so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to take advantage of these two benefits.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Just PC'd my card to the free Rewards+. After saving up more than 1mil points across various programs in past few years, I'm in a points burning mode now to pay for most of my travel. I'm simply not going to be able to get enough value from the Prestige card to make it worthwhile to keep anymore, especially when I have other Amex/Chase cards competing for my spend.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Hi All,

Question, I know that Citi covers at 5X travel agencies. Does that mean the 5X would apply to AA Vacations? Would seem to but doing a search here and in the AA Forum, I could not get a definitive answer. Thoughts appreciated!

TIA and Safe Travels
Old Oct 10, 2019, 9:20 am

Anyone renewed yet under the new fee AND have an old Citigold Checking account (that is no longer a Gold account)?

I kept $1500 in it the last few years and was always renewed at $350/year. Was wondering if they've closed the loophole.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Jesperss
Anyone renewed yet under the new fee AND have an old Citigold Checking account (that is no longer a Gold account)?

I kept $1500 in it the last few years and was always renewed at $350/year. Was wondering if they've closed the loophole.
Loophole is closed
Old Oct 11, 2019, 8:48 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by Jesperss

My card was renewed yesterday, it's still $350. However, I'm still Citigold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.