Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Accepting applications as of 1.31.2019 50,000 points for $4,000 spend in 90 days:

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/credit-card-details/citi.action?ID=citi-prestige-card#ddl-pricinfo

Bonus ThankYou Points are not available if you received a new cardmember bonus for Citi Rewards+℠, Citi ThankYou® Preferred, Citi ThankYou® Premier/Citi Premier℠ or Citi Prestige®, or if you have closed any of these cards, in the past 24 months.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2021, 8:00 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by lsquare
Here is something that I noticed on my Citi Prestige. A $0.87 dining charge posted. I got 4 TY points. I thought Citi would round up, but I guess not!
They round the number of points you get to the nearest whole number, not the dollar amount. 0.87x5 = 4.35, so it rounds down to 4 points. If it had been 0.90 it would have been 4.5 points, and would have rounded up to 5 points.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 24, 2021, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by docbert
They round the number of points you get to the nearest whole number, not the dollar amount. 0.87x5 = 4.35, so it rounds down to 4 points. If it had been 0.90 it would have been 4.5 points, and would have rounded up to 5 points.
Oh…gotcha! I had no idea that’s how things work with Citi. Good to know. Hope you’re having a blast using your Prestige in Australia.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 8:18 am

I am seriously considering this card as I have some travel coming up, a couple which may be week long stays. The dilemma is even though I get the free night, it seems those 7 nights wont count towards my Marriott status.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by frudd38
Anyone know if Airbnb codes as 3x?
Sorry to bump this old comment - anyone know if Airbnb codes as 5x or 3x for Prestige? Limited data points...
Thank you!
Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:16 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by DoctorORD
Sorry to bump this old comment - anyone know if Airbnb codes as 5x or 3x for Prestige? Limited data points...
Thank you!
It codes as 3x (hotels)
lsquare, DoctorORD and 36902BRF like this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How long does it usually take for points to post on the account page? I never paid close attention in the past, but I recently purchased airfare from United Airlines, which was posted on April 6th. In the "Rewards" column, I only see dashes instead of a value for the amount of TY points I earned.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 7:47 am

How long does it usually take for points to post on the account page? I never paid close attention in the past, but I recently purchased airfare from United Airlines, which was posted on April 6th. In the "Rewards" column, I only see dashes instead of a value for the amount of TY points I earned.
The transaction detail should reflect the correct earning once it has posted. It doesn't show earning when the transaction is still pending.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
The transaction detail should reflect the correct earning once it has posted. It doesn't show earning when the transaction is still pending.
It's not a pending transaction anymore. The transaction has already been posted.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 9:14 am

It's not a pending transaction anymore. The transaction has already been posted.
I haven't used my Prestige for travel since Citi gutted travel protections, but all my posted charges show their respective rewards earned. The only ones with ----- are all pending. Are you seeing something like this but under Posted?

Date Description Amount Rewards
Old Apr 9, 2022, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I haven't used my Prestige for travel since Citi gutted travel protections, but all my posted charges show their respective rewards earned. The only ones with ----- are all pending. Are you seeing something like this but under Posted?

Date Description Amount Rewards
Yes, but here's the funny thing, the dashes have now been replaced with points! I guess Citi updated my account between my last posting and your post. I didn't realize there was a lag despite the transaction being posted and no longer pending.

Now I'm seeing the following:

Apr. 6, 2022 United $366.07 1830 points
Btw, I still use the Citi Prestige for the 5x. I know I could use my AMEX Platinum, but I rather use my Citi Prestige.
ithinkurdumb likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 9:32 am

Yes, but here's the funny thing, the dashes have now been replaced with points! I guess Citi updated my account between my last posting and your post. I didn't realize there was a lag despite the transaction being posted and no longer pending.
Now I'm seeing the following:
I've never seen that either and always thought a posted transaction shows points earned. Despite all the things I say about ...... IT, the way it shows total points earned is so much more intuitive than Amex (some show under transactions while some under point summary) and Chase (not shown at all, at least for business accounts).
Btw, I still use the Citi Prestige for the 5x. I know I could use my AMEX Platinum, but I rather use my Citi Prestige.
Care to share why? Just old habit?
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've never seen that either and always thought a posted transaction shows points earned. Despite all the things I say about ...... IT, the way it shows total points earned is so much more intuitive than Amex (some show under transactions while some under point summary) and Chase (not shown at all, at least for business accounts).

Care to share why? Just old habit?
I guess it's an old habit. I have always wanted to diversify my points. I don't want everything with AMEX. I'm not too concerned about insurance. Fortunately, I haven't had to use it before.
ithinkurdumb likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.