Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Accepting applications as of 1.31.2019 50,000 points for $4,000 spend in 90 days:

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/credit-card-details/citi.action?ID=citi-prestige-card#ddl-pricinfo

Bonus ThankYou Points are not available if you received a new cardmember bonus for Citi Rewards+℠, Citi ThankYou® Preferred, Citi ThankYou® Premier/Citi Premier℠ or Citi Prestige®, or if you have closed any of these cards, in the past 24 months.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2020, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by megadeth
Datapoint on Citigold credit for Citi prestige:

11/11/2020 - $495 Annual fee posted.
12/10//2020 - $145 Relationship Credit CitiGold posted.
I assume the credit posted without you doing anything? For two years I’ve had the $25 credit for AU posted along with the annual fee, but had to call to “open a dispute” for the missing $145 credit, which the rep says should post in 2 billing cycles after opening the dispute.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 6:16 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by megadeth
Datapoint on Citigold credit for Citi prestige:

11/11/2020 - $495 Annual fee posted.
12/10//2020 - $145 Relationship Credit CitiGold posted.
I've got $350 again, no relationship credit.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
I assume the credit posted without you doing anything? For two years I’ve had the $25 credit for AU posted along with the annual fee, but had to call to “open a dispute” for the missing $145 credit, which the rep says should post in 2 billing cycles after opening the dispute.
A $145 credit show up on statement closing date, with 1/1/2021 as the post date. $99 retention credit also posted.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Do lodging transactions get 5x now?

For a stay (last week) I got the higher rate. There was another stay the week prior, and the standard 3x was posted. All happened in 2020.

Merchant code tag is the same for both transactions.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Repooc17
I wouldn't be surprised if this was due to the temporary 5x points for "online shopping". It seemed to have been triggering on many/most card-not-present transactions, regardless of what they were actually for.
mia and akr1970akr like this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Repooc17

For a stay (last week) I got the higher rate. There was another stay the week prior, and the standard 3x was posted. All happened in 2020.

Merchant code tag is the same for both transactions.
If Citi bumps hotel to 5x, this will become my main hotel card.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by docbert
I wouldn't be surprised if this was due to the temporary 5x points for "online shopping". It seemed to have been triggering on many/most card-not-present transactions, regardless of what they were actually for.
I made an in-person purchase at a hotel on January 1. It posted today and showed 3x on the website.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 5:27 pm

Does anyone have recent DPs of travel and dining coding properly internationally?
Old Mar 13, 2021, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by parnassus
Does anyone have recent DPs of travel and dining coding properly internationally?
I was credited $250 in my February statement for foreign dining charges (no travel charges). As long as the restaurant codes correctly, you should get credited.

In my experience, Visa and MC tend to have mostly accurate coding when it comes to restaurants in Asia, while Amex seems to go out of its way to code restaurants as something else - high-end steakhouses coded as food store, coffee shops coded as grocery stores, and if a restaurant is in a department store or a hotel, then it's definitely coded as department store or lodging.
lsquare, akr1970akr and parnassus like this.

Last edited by ithinkurdumb; Mar 26, 2021 at 9:48 am
Old May 14, 2021, 4:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA Gold, Marriot Plat
Interesting DP: Advance cash fees was reimbursed when Credit card (Prestige) was used for sending money via MoneyGram and Annual Fee is waived due to MLA (military lending act). I was surprised.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old May 14, 2021, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA, A3, TK, Marriott, IHG, Hertz
upgrade

Question,
Why wouldn't I apply for the premier, get the 60K bonus and then upgrade to the prestige instead of the 50k for applying directly?
Old May 14, 2021, 5:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by cacohenassaf
Question,
Why wouldn't I apply for the premier, get the 60K bonus and then upgrade to the prestige instead of the 50k for applying directly?
In general you need to have a credit card for 1 year before you can product change to another card in the same family. So if you don't mind waiting 1 year to get the Prestige, this is a fine plan.

You can also apply for both, the premier is only $95/year and the points are worth far more than that. As long as it's more than 8 days apart and less than 3 applications during a 65 day window.

Last edited by joachimm; May 14, 2021 at 5:49 pm Reason: correct annual fee
Old May 15, 2021, 3:35 am

Programs: UA, A3, TK, Marriott, IHG, Hertz
Originally Posted by joachimm
In general you need to have a credit card for 1 year before you can product change to another card in the same family. So if you don't mind waiting 1 year to get the Prestige, this is a fine plan.

You can also apply for both, the premier is only $95/year and the points are worth far more than that. As long as it's more than 8 days apart and less than 3 applications during a 65 day window.
Thank you. I didn't know I have to wait for a year to change product especially if I upgrade. I don't want to open 2 accounts, but thank you for the idea.
I'll have to think if I want to keep the premier for a year and get an extra 10-15K or just go directly for the prestige.
joachimm likes this.
Old May 24, 2021, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joachimm

Pretty sure there is no exception to that rule. I think the Card Act state that a minimum of 1 year is required.
Old May 24, 2021, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here is something that I noticed on my Citi Prestige. A $0.87 dining charge posted. I got 4 TY points. I thought Citi would round up, but I guess not!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.