Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Accepting applications as of 1.31.2019 50,000 points for $4,000 spend in 90 days:

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/credit-card-details/citi.action?ID=citi-prestige-card#ddl-pricinfo

Bonus ThankYou Points are not available if you received a new cardmember bonus for Citi Rewards+℠, Citi ThankYou® Preferred, Citi ThankYou® Premier/Citi Premier℠ or Citi Prestige®, or if you have closed any of these cards, in the past 24 months.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta DM, Bonvoy Titanium, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Club, National Exec something!
Originally Posted by daslax

The DP from March doesn’t necessarily settle matters. We know that CG was exempted from the fee increase increase initially, but the AF increase notices just went out for existing users and are not effective until the first renewal after 9/1. There’s no mention of CG lower fee and now all web references to the lower fee are gone too. So my question is whether they’ve made yet another devaluation effective Sep that no one will be excluded from the higher AF. If there are current CGs who received the latest update notice without an AF increase, that would settle it (although even in that case, could be grandfathered in and new CGs may not be eligible).
I’m a CG. I got an update notice this past week. No mention whatsoever of an annual fee increase. My card also just renewed in April and I was charged $350.
daslax and holyPockets like this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 10:09 pm

I asked a banker at my local branch. He said that if I maintained a Citigold account, I'd initially be charged the full $495 annual fee followed by a $145 credit within 3 weeks. So the $350 annual fee for Citigold customers is definitely a thing.
daslax likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 1:34 pm

I opened prestige in may, 2017. bonus posted on the june statement. still have the card open, and thinking about getting 2nd prestige. Based on the current language, when should I apply for the card? end of may, june or july?
Old May 5, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by megadeth
I asked a banker at my local branch. He said that if I maintained a Citigold account, I'd initially be charged the full $495 annual fee followed by a $145 credit within 3 weeks. So the $350 annual fee for Citigold customers is definitely a thing.
We're CG and Prestige renewed in Jan or Feb, at $350 fee. Right now it is really only getting restaurant and flight spend.
Old May 6, 2019, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Just got the card and intend on getting the sign-up bonus. Assume if any transaction is rebated with the $250 credit, I would need to spend $250 more, correct?
Old May 9, 2019, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by megadeth
FYI: I was basically told the same thing. I am a relatively new Citigold customer with cash assets in excess of $250K with Citi (account opened in mid-late April). I applied for the Prestige card (as a Citigold) near the end of April and was also told the same that for Citigold both new and existing Prestige card clients the annual fee should only be $350. I get the card and the annual fee of $495 posts to the account. I wait a couple weeks and still no credit so I raise the question to my Citigold relationship manager. She becomes as frustrated as I do and escalates the issue to her executive resolution office who advises the following:

As of April 14th the Citigold relationship credit for the Prestige card product has been discontinued for new clients. Existing Citigold clients prior April 14th will be grandfathered at $350 (ie will receive the $145 credit against the $495 A/F) but Citigold clients after April 14th will not get the offsetting credit.

This obviously is confusing as it seems to imply that the date that matters is not when you received the card but rather when you became a Citigold client. In my case my relationship manager became utterly frustrated with her company and they agreed to issue me the $145 credit regardless but only for this year. My experience with Citi however is that the right arm is usually not talking to the left arm so I will report back if anything changes.

So anyone out there that became a Citigold client AFTER April 14th AND then applied for the Prestige get the $145 credit?
akr1970akr likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 8:46 am

Oh wow, that's good to know! I was seriously considering upgrading to Citigold to keep my Prestige card open with a lower annual fee. The card is definitely getting cancelled, and no point upgrading to Citigold either.
Old May 9, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by jbeans
Oh wow, that's good to know! I was seriously considering upgrading to Citigold to keep my Prestige card open with a lower annual fee. The card is definitely getting cancelled, and no point upgrading to Citigold either.
I was CG, downgraded to Priority when requirements changed, and recently got my balance back up over 200K to be CG for this discount again (annual fee coming up next month). If there's no discount, I'll probably move my $$ out of citi but keep the card- I put ~50K on restaurants annually for work events so it's worth it for me.
Old May 9, 2019, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
FYI: I was basically told the same thing. I am a relatively new Citigold customer with cash assets in excess of $250K with Citi (account opened in mid-late April). I applied for the Prestige card (as a Citigold) near the end of April and was also told the same that for Citigold both new and existing Prestige card clients the annual fee should only be $350. I get the card and the annual fee of $495 posts to the account. I wait a couple weeks and still no credit so I raise the question to my Citigold relationship manager. She becomes as frustrated as I do and escalates the issue to her executive resolution office who advises the following:

As of April 14th the Citigold relationship credit for the Prestige card product has been discontinued for new clients. Existing Citigold clients prior April 14th will be grandfathered at $350 (ie will receive the $145 credit against the $495 A/F) but Citigold clients after April 14th will not get the offsetting credit.

This obviously is confusing as it seems to imply that the date that matters is not when you received the card but rather when you became a Citigold client. In my case my relationship manager became utterly frustrated with her company and they agreed to issue me the $145 credit regardless but only for this year. My experience with Citi however is that the right arm is usually not talking to the left arm so I will report back if anything changes.

So anyone out there that became a Citigold client AFTER April 14th AND then applied for the Prestige get the $145 credit?
Wow if that's the case they are going to lose even more customers when all the changes start happening.

The card is worth keeping at $100 net cost for CG customers.

At $250 it becomes dicier, especially since I bet a lot of CG customers are candidates for discounted Schwab Amex Plats.
Old May 10, 2019, 12:13 pm

I got the letter about the benefit changes a few days ago. They really hammered home the point that there will be no more concierge bookings after Sep 1.
Old May 11, 2019, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by joachimm
I was CG, downgraded to Priority when requirements changed, and recently got my balance back up over 200K to be CG for this discount again (annual fee coming up next month). If there's no discount, I'll probably move my $$ out of citi but keep the card- I put ~50K on restaurants annually for work events so it's worth it for me.
Please report back if you do or do not get the $145 credit.
Old May 12, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: cnb reward for travel/gas/restaurant/grocery
closed the card when fee kick in, even though it's 350. just don't see the value of the card anymore...
Old May 12, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by thomasmessi
closed the card when fee kick in, even though it's 350. just don't see the value of the card anymore...
What card will you be using instead? What features do bring value to you that the Prestige lacks?
Old May 13, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
Originally Posted by joachimm
Same here, sad to have my concerns about the AF discount confirmed. I will be canceling both my Priority and Prestige accounts. I spend close to the same on restaurants, but find Amex Gold with 4x almost as valuable. Not worth $500 for an extra point/$ when I find MR more valuable anyway. 4th night free basically ending for me makes this a no brainer to cancel.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:45 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
It’s back!

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
AF reduction is back! It’s listed on a new featured benefits page CitiGold Lifestyle Benefits. It’s now a statement credit and takes up to 3 billing cycles to post, but still great to have it back for those (like me) who were contemplating upgrading.

Banking Relationship Annual Credit exclusively for qualifying Citigold clients

Earn a $145 annual statement credit automatically on your card when you have a qualifying Citigold account and remain a card member.

In addition, for each Authorized User on your account you will receive a $25 statement credit on your card.

To learn more, contact your Citigold Relationship Manager.

To qualify for the statement credit, you must have an open and current Citi Prestige Card account with an assessed $495 Annual Fee and assessed $75 Authorized User Fee with a qualifying open Citigold Account (subject to the terms of your Citigold account), as of the date the statement credit is posted to your Card Account. Annually, the statement credit will be posted to your Card Account within three (3) billing cycles after the date your Annual Fee is charged to your Card Account.
Per Doctor Of Credit, there’s also a new annual $200 membership credit available for several membership fees charged to your CitiGold debit card (Amazon Prime, Costco, Spotify, etc). Currently only available to NY/NJ/CT residents, but expected to launch nationwide.

CitiGold + Prestige is back in play for me.
akr1970akr and joachimm like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.