Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oopl
7/16: New changes that will take effect on 7/23.
  • 4th night free bookable online at thankyou.com (benefit applied as discount at checkout)
  • Cash out TY at 1 cpp
  • metal card
  • 75,000 TY for $7,500 spend signup bonus

1. The following benefits will be changed effective July 23, 2017:

- Loss of AA Admirals Club Access (Effectively immediately if the account is opened on or after 09/01/2016. See Post 296.

- $0.0125 per each TY points for airfare redemptions at thankyou.com.

- Loss of Complimentary International & Domestic Golf

- 4th Night benefit will be based on the average nightly rate of your complete stay for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017. Taxes will no longer be included within the statement credit.

2. $100 Annual Fee Reduction will be extended to Citi Priority if you are currently a Citigold client and you are impacted by the increase in minimum balance and downgrade.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dinkoh
What card are you going to replace it with?
I already have the big 3; Prestige/CSR/Platinum, so it's more a question of what gets sh-- canned at annual fee time. The Prestige definitely is, the CSR is a possible, as is the Plat depending on retention offers.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: AA LP pleb, QR Plat., Bonvoy Ti, IHG Diamond Amb, Foolish Hoarder of Miles, Fid. Def.
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
The Prestige covers lost purchased items? I don't quite understand what you're talking about. Are you saying if you bought something and it got lost through the mail it'd be covered? Or lost baggage from an airline's error? The Premier covers lost baggage.
It covers lost items, period, within 120 days of purchase, much as other high-end cards cover theft and damage (CP covers these as well, of course). I lost my $500 prescription sunglasses at an airport checkpoint, and when lost-and-found came up empty, Citi comped me back the full amount after a phone call and a receipt. Took about two weeks. With that, the travel credit, and two 4th-night-free redemptions, the card's already paid for itself about three times over so far this year.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Mine is 9.49%
Mine is 0%

at least until I leave the military
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by gblakeb
I cancelled mine this weekend and was given 3 months of the prorated fee back. Mine renews in mid June
I just called to cancel and the CSR said there was no prorated refund of the annual fee. Has anyone else had this experience?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
Thoughts on a 3rd renewal of the Prestige?

I was going to cancel the card early in my 2nd year but didn't get around to getting the travel credit. Finally wrapped that up, and also a loose end with the Concierge on a 4th night free that they credited me with the (much cheaper Sunday night) 5th night instead of the 4th.

Anyway, only have 5 months left on the card before the next AF. With the 24-month bonus restriction it seems like I'm probably close enough to hold on and get to 24 months so I can get another TYP card.

If I do that, can I get a second Prestige, with whatever bonus it has, or are you only allowed one? Would the second card have another $100 TSA fee, etc? Did I hear Prestige is going to Card-Year $250 travel credit - what's the play on that going forward?

The way I do the math:
Prestige 1:
6 more months = ~$250 which would be the travel credit I'd get once my Nov AF kicks in. Cancel immediately after travel credit and getting 2nd card.
Prestige 2:
50k point bonus + $500 travel credits over the first year.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 1:49 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by scottinaz
I just called to cancel and the CSR said there was no prorated refund of the annual fee. Has anyone else had this experience?
When I spoke to the Citi agent, who seemed knowledgeable he said that it
- would be prorated IF you didn't use the card at all during the membership year.
- but if you used the card at all during the membership year, no prorate would occur if you later cancelled the card.

I think that is pretty fair, if true.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 8:31 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Rumor of improvements coming July 17

There's a thread on Reddit from someone who interacted with a CSR who said there were improvements coming on July 17 to counter Platinum and Sapphire Reserve. It would certainly be welcome but I'm skeptical.

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/co...OD&sh=081765c0

Last edited by mia; Jun 24, 2017 at 8:48 pm Reason: Repair link
Old Jun 25, 2017, 12:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by islandguy84
There's a thread on Reddit from someone who interacted with a CSR who said there were improvements coming on July 17 to counter Platinum and Sapphire Reserve. It would certainly be welcome but I'm skeptical.

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/co...OD&sh=081765c0
I saw that thread earlier today too. Interesting concept - improve the card on 17 July, then do the opposite on 23 July.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 12:45 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
I saw that thread earlier today too. Interesting concept - improve the card on 17 July, then do the opposite on 23 July.
Agreed. For some reason I just don't see Citi doing anything to increase their costs or improve customer satisfaction to make up for the loss of other benefits on the 23.

In fact I'm confident that Citi will do their usual thing and not make their customers feel appreciated at all. Metal card? Yeah right. They can't even get customer service reps that are helpful or know the most basic concepts of credit cards or even their own products. Unless a cardholder uses hotels frequently, I see many of them jumping over to Chase.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by scottinaz
i got a prorated refund from Citi this week on the Hilton Reserve Visa
Old Jun 25, 2017, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
Agreed. For some reason I just don't see Citi doing anything to increase their costs or improve customer satisfaction to make up for the loss of other benefits on the 23.

In fact I'm confident that Citi will do their usual thing and not make their customers feel appreciated at all. Metal card? Yeah right. They can't even get customer service reps that are helpful or know the most basic concepts of credit cards or even their own products. Unless a cardholder uses hotels frequently, I see many of them jumping over to Chase.
With the fourth night free, this is the best travel card out there. I ignore the travel blogger shills with their propaganda 'aspire' awards.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by GarlicFlyer
With the fourth night free, this is the best travel card out there. I ignore the travel blogger shills with their propaganda 'aspire' awards.
Agreed
Old Jun 25, 2017, 11:03 am

I think it's possible but nothing overly dramatic. Expanded $250 travel credit, ShopRunner, 3x expanded travel category and maybe a new metal design featuring new Mastercard logo. That's all I expect.

Last edited by Nick92; Jul 6, 2017 at 11:03 am
Old Jun 25, 2017, 12:25 pm

If they were to add features, I would hope for the following:

- Enable chip and pin.
- Expand TY bonus category to include payments via digital wallets (e.g. Apple Pay, Android Pay, etc.).
- Add Mastercard World Elite amenities when booking hotels/resorts through Citi Concierge.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by Nick92
I think it's possible but nothing overly dramatic. Expanded $250 travel credit, 3x expanded travel category and maybe a new metal design featuring new Mastercard logo. That's all I expect.

Plus 3x for dining

I'd take primary doemstic car insurance so that we can drop Chase if necessary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.