Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
ALL Citi HHonors application links are now DEAD.

Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends December 31, 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html .
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2017, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by ninim2200
So i waited for a week to see if anyone will post the 40k no 24m link, apparently not, so if anyone needs one, let me know.
Could you please PM me the link. Need to apply tomorrow. Thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2017, 9:52 am

HHonors looks to be going the way of Delta as far as removing categories and published rates goes.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 9:31 pm

Please pm me the link

Originally Posted by ninim2200
So i waited for a week to see if anyone will post the 40k no 24m link, apparently not, so if anyone needs one, let me know.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by jdbcc
Could you please PM me the link. Need to apply tomorrow. Thanks!
Instead of posting these kinds of private requests in the thread, maybe PM them? Crazy, I realize, but crazy enough that it just might work.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by beltway
Instead of posting these kinds of private requests in the thread, maybe PM them? Crazy, I realize, but crazy enough that it just might work.
But that takes effort...
Old Feb 2, 2017, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
I did but hadn't heard anything back yet by then, and figured if he's anything like me he's probably rarely logged in or rarely checks for messages. Didn't mean to rock the boat.

It's cool though, some of my best friends are overly sarcastic condescending people.

Last edited by jdbcc; Feb 2, 2017 at 2:53 pm
Old Feb 2, 2017, 3:24 pm

its all good, PMs are welcome.
I think some guys here don't want to post these links in public in fear of bloggers take over the links and do what DOC did last time, so for the time being we will be using PM.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:58 pm

I have decided to update the wiki with the 40k link, specially after i found another one. good luck to all.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 4:05 pm

10k ANNUAL LOYALTY BONUS for 1k spend at hilton properties

anyone know when the 10k ANNUAL LOYALTY BONUS for 1k spend at hilton properties should post on my account?

I spent > $1k back in October and was told the 10k point should show up in January

I called in January and at first the rep said, no it's on the 1 year anniv of your card (I opened the card in May 2016). I told him that's incorrect according to the website and it's the calendar year.

he said give it another month. Well it's been another month.

Has anyone's 10k posted yet? If so, when. If not, and you've received it in the past, when did the points show up?

Thanks
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:24 pm
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Annual Loyalty Bonus

Purchases must be charged to the cardmember's hotel room bill and settled using your Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature card upon checkout. Returned goods and services do not count towards the spend requirement. Certain on-property vendors may not permit cardmember to charge to their hotel room, and such charges do not count towards the spend requirement. Your Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature card account must be open and current at the time the points are awarded. Hotels are responsible for classifying transactions to enable Citi to recognize which ones qualify as a hotel within the Hilton Portfolio. If Citi receives a transaction without that information, Citi is unable to recognize that it qualifies. Citi reserves the right to determine which transactions qualify for a hotel stay. Points will be posted by March 31 of the following year.
https://www.citicards.com/cards/cred...=S&ID=3004&uc=
Old Feb 13, 2017, 10:42 pm

I found some other posts on here that indicated many people had their 10k points by January. I guess I'll wait until 3/31 before I contact them. Thanks.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 11:25 am

Hello Everyone,

Looking for a little advice and get an opinion on a plan of action to apply for multiple Hilton Cards...

I have maxed out as many Chase UR as well as AMEX MR points in the past year (and actually Marriott/SPG too). I am over Chase's 5/24 (probably closer to 8/24 in personal cards - and many more AMEX biz cards which are not on my credit report)

My goal is to maximize Hilton Honors Points and Free Nights in as short a time period as possible.

Currently I have one open credit card at Citi (an AA Adv Platinum Card) with credit line of around $82K.

My FICO Score is 800+ and have high income. I have only had maybe five credit card hard pulls in the past six months.

So from reading the Wiki I noticed Citi's 24 month language now reference's 'any Citi Hilton' card.

So here is what I was going to do:

Day 1:
Apply from Citi Hilton HHonors RESERVE Card - 2 Free Weekend Nights after $2,500 spend in 4 months plus $100 statement credit against Hilton stay within 6 months

Day 8:
Apply for Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card - 40K HHonors Points - Using the link provided in the Wiki that does not contain 24 month language

QUESTION: Is the consensus that this 40K point link with no 24 month language always works? While I would love to take advantage of the new 75K HHonors bonus point offer but if I want the Reserve Card (and the 2 Free Weekend Nights) to be prioritized and I do not see any way to get both now since the new 75K offer does contain 24 month language. Is there any workaround I might be missing for trying to get both the Reserve Card w/2 Free Weekend Nights and Visa Signature with 75K points at near the same time?

QUESTION: I have a high line of Credit with Citi ($82K all on one card with ZERO utilization). Based on reading the WIKI and other Citi threads it seems the best advice is to not touch the existing high credit line card (Citi AA Adv) and then have Citi take from the existing high line to approve the new card if necessary. Will this happen automatically or do I have to contact Citi or will they contact me since I am fairly certain they are not going to want to extend any additional credit?

Many thanks in advance. One footnote is that after I get the Citi cards applied for, and hopefully approved, I nearly immediately plan to apply for Both AMEX flavors of the Hilton cards which I don't think will be a problem since I only have one Amex CREDIT card right now.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
QUESTION: Is the consensus that this 40K point link with no 24 month language always works? Is there any workaround I might be missing for trying to get both the Reserve Card w/2 Free Weekend Nights and Visa Signature with 75K points at near the same time?

QUESTION: I have a high line of Credit with Citi ($82K all on one card with ZERO utilization). Based on reading the WIKI and other Citi threads it seems the best advice is to not touch the existing high credit line card (Citi AA Adv) and then have Citi take from the existing high line to approve the new card if necessary. Will this happen automatically or do I have to contact Citi or will they contact me since I am fairly certain they are not going to want to extend any additional credit?

Many thanks in advance. One footnote is that after I get the Citi cards applied for, and hopefully approved, I nearly immediately plan to apply for Both AMEX flavors of the Hilton cards which I don't think will be a problem since I only have one Amex CREDIT card right now.
Yes, the 40K link always works (better way of saying it: I've seen no reports of it not working).

You are wise to get the Reserve card first, and I don't believe there is any workaround that would allow you to then apply for the 75K Citi card.

Regarding your very high credit limit, there are two schools of thought. One says what the wiki says -- preserve it so Citi can move CL from that card to a new card if necessary. I believe they do this only if and when you call them to check on the status of the app if not automatically approved.

The second school of thought is that you should always reduce the CL on a Citi card after meeting the minimum spend, thereby improving your chances of getting auto-approved. Citi's computers decide how much credit to extend, and if you've already got CL that high on existing cards, you might be denied, thereby forcing you to call for reconsideration. I've always reduced my CLs.

You should have no problem getting both Amex cards after applying for the Citi cards.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 8:56 am

Thanks LWT3 for the very thorough response.

Does anyone know if the offer for the Hilton Reserve bonus of 2 Free Weekend Nights PLUS $100 Statement Credit on first hotel stay is still valid?

The only reference on Citi's website that I find is at the following link:
https://www.citicards.com/cards/cred...orsReservation

But when I click on Apply Now for the Reserve I get the following message:

"A system error has caused a delay in processing your application."

Are the statement credit offers still valid and does anyone happen to know any alternate application links?
Old Feb 15, 2017, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
Thanks LWT3 for the very thorough response.

Does anyone know if the offer for the Hilton Reserve bonus of 2 Free Weekend Nights PLUS $100 Statement Credit on first hotel stay is still valid?

The only reference on Citi's website that I find is at the following link:
https://www.citicards.com/cards/cred...orsReservation

But when I click on Apply Now for the Reserve I get the following message:

"A system error has caused a delay in processing your application."

Are the statement credit offers still valid and does anyone happen to know any alternate application links?
check this link from citi.com- no statement credit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.