Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:23 am

If a 4th night free is booked through Prestige--but the hotel offers their own fourth night free--will Citi then take the updated sum (three nights) and credit one fourth (excluding taxes)? Or will they credit $0 for the fourth night?
Old Jul 20, 2017, 5:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by op487062
If a 4th night free is booked through Prestige--but the hotel offers their own fourth night free--will Citi then take the updated sum (three nights) and credit one fourth (excluding taxes)? Or will they credit $0 for the fourth night?
You cannot book it now, you'll have to wait till next week where they will take return 25% of the total sum without of taxes.

I've tried to book such a deal and the concierge advised me to wait till next week.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:01 am

I'm frustrated. I went through the Citi Concierge to book a 4 night stay in Glacier National Park. I have the confirmation that this stay would qualify. I paid for the deposit with my Prestige card. Checked in with my Prestige card. Paid for the rest of my stay when I checked out with my Prestige card. And Citi is now trying to tell me that I didn't use my card for my stay.

I argued that I see the charge on my screen on my most recent statement, and they kept saying I didn't use my Prestige card. And it boggles my mind that somehow, me seeing the exact charge for the exact hotel on my account means I didn't use my card for the stay. I'm working on getting a receipt from the hotel (they only gave me paper when I checked out and I don't keep those long...lesson learned), and I finally got a rep that escalated the issue rather than tell me "too bad".

Is it normally this terrible to actually use this benefit, or do most people have straightforward interactions with it?

Last edited by travlngeng; Jul 20, 2017 at 6:10 am
Old Jul 20, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
YMMV. I've had one similar to yours (hotel told Citi I didn't stay there!), but more often smooth sailing. Posted on this somewhere above. Not to add to your miseries, but I did learn early on to hold onto the paper receipt until I got the money credited back; I've twice now had to send them the receipt to get paid.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
YMMV. I've had one similar to yours (hotel told Citi I didn't stay there!), but more often smooth sailing. Posted on this somewhere above. Not to add to your miseries, but I did learn early on to hold onto the paper receipt until I got the money credited back; I've twice now had to send them the receipt to get paid.
Thanks. I was able to get a hold of the hotel and they were able to send me an email copy...which is actually pretty amazing since I can attest to how terrible their internet service was. Hopefully Citi takes the receipt and provides the credit.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by travlngeng
Thanks. I was able to get a hold of the hotel and they were able to send me an email copy...which is actually pretty amazing since I can attest to how terrible their internet service was. Hopefully Citi takes the receipt and provides the credit.
Taking pictures of receipts in a smartphone app like Google Keep is a possible solution. You can print later if necessary. Hanging onto paper receipts can be... inconvenient.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:07 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion continues here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...ly-2017-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.