Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2017, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold

Tried to make a booking this morning by e-mailing the concierge. The replies very fast - but said the turn around time will be 4 days.

I hope it is just growing pains with the transition to the new system and not the new norm.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Honors Diamond, WOH Globalist
Have used the 4th night benefit twice, love it. First time was at a Doubletree in London last year, and Hilton gave me points just like if I had booked direct. Last month we went to Atlantis and used the Prestige card to save over $1000. However, no credit of any kind from Marriott. I sent an e-mail asking for credit, and they responded with a denial. Some of the promos involving this card imply that you do get full hotel benefits (points for stays) using the Prestige concierge, but no luck this time. The points bloggers all tout this benefit, but its not clear to me that Citi makes this claim.

What is your experience? Did you get hotel points for your stay? If not, was an appeal successful? Did you take it to Citi or the Hotel Rewards program? Any advice on recouping points would be appreciated.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by pubsmeister
Have used the 4th night benefit twice, love it. First time was at a Doubletree in London last year, and Hilton gave me points just like if I had booked direct. Last month we went to Atlantis and used the Prestige card to save over $1000. However, no credit of any kind from Marriott. I sent an e-mail asking for credit, and they responded with a denial. Some of the promos involving this card imply that you do get full hotel benefits (points for stays) using the Prestige concierge, but no luck this time. The points bloggers all tout this benefit, but its not clear to me that Citi makes this claim.

What is your experience? Did you get hotel points for your stay? If not, was an appeal successful? Did you take it to Citi or the Hotel Rewards program? Any advice on recouping points would be appreciated.
I have always received points and nights credit from Marriott (and others). I made sure my Rewards number was showing on the reservation (and can easily double check on Marriott.com). I HAVE noticed one particular full service Marriott seems to not go out of their way as far as an upgrade is concerned when I book thru the concierge, but it has only been several times so I can't be certain. Ymmv. Cheers.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
The booking tool on the Thank You portal does appear to now include the complimentary 4th night free. It does also let you pay with your TYPs for some or all of your booking and it does appear to be applying those at 1.25 CPP.

For example made a dummy booking for FS Maldives and this is what I got:

$1405.42/night
$269.88/night in taxes and fees

Total with 4th night free applied: $5295.78

Slider with adding points then backs value of the points to 0.012500396...
Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:11 pm

I was trying some dummy bookings, the portal doesn't seem to have each hotel's special offers as an option.

I think I'll keep calling in
Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, Chase, Citi, Hyatt, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold,
Great experience using hotel discount _ Hotel Drisco

I just had an excellent experience calling into the Citi hotel concierge. She made the 4th night complimentary reservation for the Hotel Drisco in San Francisco applying a 15% off 4 nights or more promotion found only on the hotel's website. She could not have been nicer, quoted the same price I would have gotten on the hotel's website and explained when I would then get the credit for the 4th night. I was pleasantly surprised to get the discount applied and pleased with the customer service.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 5:21 pm

Not really liking the new interface. Tried 2 trips so far comparing against the actual hotel websites. One of them was way off price wise(Citi way higher), and the other was close, but the hotel website was $40 a night cheaper using their "best rate" promo(meaning with the 4th night free it was cheaper on Citi, but should have been $120 less). Still seems like calling will be the best move, as it allows you to pick different rates through the rep. Citi needs to fix this asap or this new method will be a complete waste.

Last edited by Amex For Children Of Africa; Jul 23, 2017 at 6:48 pm
Old Jul 23, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Not really liking the new interface. Tried 2 trips so far comparing against the actual hotel websites. One of them was way off price wise(Citi way higher), and the other was close, but the hotel website was $40 a night cheaper using their "best rate" promo. Still seems like calling will be the best move, as it allows you to pick different rates through the rep. Citi needs to fix this asap or this new method will be a complete waste.
Agree, I played around with a few properties I'm going to be booking in the next few weeks and it each case I found better offers on the hotel's website. I'm going to keep calling in my reservation as usual.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:07 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Also just spent some time playing around on the website.. horribly slow; crummy interface.. sometimes it just returns a blank screen.. haven't actually done any price comparison but have noticed that the room list is very very incomplete (a lot of hotels I don't see any suite inventory loaded)... I agree about continuing to call in...

FDW
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Hopefully I'm just missing it... If I am booking through the portal, where do I specify if I am looking for AAA rates?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
Tried to make a booking this morning by e-mailing the concierge. The replies very fast - but said the turn around time will be 4 days.

I hope it is just growing pains with the transition to the new system and not the new norm.
I gave up and call in this morning to get it done.

The agent, extremely nice and efficient, but clearly does not aware of the recent changes. I had to educate the agent that now rates, where the hotel gives the 4th night free, are eligible to be booked. A supervisor had to be consulted. It took much longer than it should but got it done.

I would have assumed that the roll out for the agents would have been better.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by swag
Hopefully I'm just missing it... If I am booking through the portal, where do I specify if I am looking for AAA rates?
AFAIK - you cannot - you have to call for those.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by flyershmlyer
after your stay: do you need to get an email from them confirming 4th night refund or you may get the refund without any notification?
got the email about a month after the stay. and also the statement cut in the interim with no refund, which had me worried. was about to call them up.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Is it possible to "test drive' the new web interface without having an account? I'd like to try it out before I decide whether I'll apply for the card
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by estnet
Is it possible to "test drive' the new web interface without having an account? I'd like to try it out before I decide whether I'll apply for the card
I do not believe so as those are member only benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.