FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:01 am
travlngeng

I'm frustrated. I went through the Citi Concierge to book a 4 night stay in Glacier National Park. I have the confirmation that this stay would qualify. I paid for the deposit with my Prestige card. Checked in with my Prestige card. Paid for the rest of my stay when I checked out with my Prestige card. And Citi is now trying to tell me that I didn't use my card for my stay.

I argued that I see the charge on my screen on my most recent statement, and they kept saying I didn't use my Prestige card. And it boggles my mind that somehow, me seeing the exact charge for the exact hotel on my account means I didn't use my card for the stay. I'm working on getting a receipt from the hotel (they only gave me paper when I checked out and I don't keep those long...lesson learned), and I finally got a rep that escalated the issue rather than tell me "too bad".

Is it normally this terrible to actually use this benefit, or do most people have straightforward interactions with it?

Last edited by travlngeng; Jul 20, 2017 at 6:10 am