Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 19, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SeeBuyFly
MOST CURRENT WORKING LINKS.

Citi AA platinum Personal Visa 50,000 miles after $2500 spend in 4 months (Note: no AC passes or statement credit). $85 Annual Fee. Waived first year.

End of an era Ladies and gents. The 50k offer is now dead.

Citi Business MasterCard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here
Citi Platinum Select Visa. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months.$95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Business Mastercard. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months.
Citi Personal Platinum Select. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Gold AA World Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months.
$50 annual fee,waived 1st year.

Citi Business Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year.

Citi Gold AA Visa Signature Card. 25,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months. $50 annual fee,waived 1st year. Landing page available here

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

CitiBank Phone Numbers. (Please add the others that you know)
  • (800) 695-5171 – Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
  • (800) 763-9795 – General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
  • (800) 645-7240 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (800) 288-4653 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (866) 606-2787 – General Application and Account Questions with live rep
  • (888) 201-4523 – Application status
  • (866) 606-2961 – Reconsideration Line.
  • Twitter : @AskCiti. Very powerful tool.

FAQ

1. Are these cards churnable?
Yes, they are. BUT you’ll have to wait anywhere from 12 to 26 months before applying again. Approvals have happened at the 13 month mark and denials at 24.
There is no set 18 month rule, but always err on the side of caution when churning.
Also- it’s from DATE OF APPROVAL and not from date of cancellation.

2.What are the most current rules in applying for these cards?
#ONLY ONE APPLICATION in a day (make that 30 hours to be safe)
#No more than 2 apps in 65 (approximately) days.
Example:
Day 1 40K personal platinum
Day 2 or later 25-30K personal gold
65+ days later 40K business

While the day limits are a little flexible by a few days either way and YMMV, the rules themselves are not flexible.

3. How long does it take for the Admiral passes to arrive?
For the better part, it takes about 3 months. This is not a set number, and some have received theirs sooner.It's been deduced that the passes are handled by a 3rd party that mails them in batches. Please don’t call Citi for the passes, because you’ll mostly find a CSR who doesn't know better and will give you wrong information.

4. Can I apply for a business card if I don’t have a business?
Technically, you can. But you may be asked for a 4506-T form, or to provide proof of business or/and a copy of a bill with your business name on it. If you don't already have a credit history for the business name you plan to use (meaning this is your first rodeo) then it is recommended you use your name as the business name with no income and 0 as years in business.

5. How do I get the statement credit?
First, you have to make sure if the offer you signed up for gave you A $150 credit or UP TO A $150 statement credit. For the 1st, any AA coded purchase ($50 AA GC seems to be the simplest option here) will/should trigger it. For the 2nd, you’ll have to spend $150 to get the $150 credit.
For more information on what will work and what won’t, please see here (thanks sdsearch) and here (thanks dogbyte)

6. Does the $150 account credit (for AA purchases using the VISA or AMEX) count against the spending required to receive the initial mileage bonus?
No. It does not. (Put differently: any account credit you receive has no impact on your spending total for purposes of earning the "X thousand miles for $Y spent in the first Z months" bonus.)

7. Can I buy Visa gift cards to meet my minimum spend?
There’s a very good chance that it’ll be coded as a cash advance.
It’s recommended to call citi and have them set your Cash Advance limit to zero. (thanks KennyBSAT)

8. Do I get 10% back when redeeming miles for awards?
It depends. First, the rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply if you hold only the Citi Gold World MasterCard.

Also, the maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate; the restriction applies per AAdvantage account.

9. At what locations are my one day Club passes valid?
All valid locations are listed here.
Print Wikipost

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2012, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC
I have been getting spammed recently with mailers for adding the Citi AA Amex in addition to my AA MC. The promotion is for 25,000 miles and $50 statement credit and also the annual fee is waived if other card remains active.

Does anyone know if this is a good deal or better to wait the 18~ months to apply for the Amex separately? Does adding the Amex to my account cause a hard pull on my credit?

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 16, 2012, 9:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
Originally Posted by fr33b13
Does anyone know if the AA Visa Business card can generate Virtual Card Numbers if I create an account online?
Not sure what you want to do but you CAN have multiple employee accounts and each has an individual account number. No additional charge per employee account.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:08 pm

Need help with AA points

I currently have about 160k miles with AA and have signed up for two Citi AA cards but missed out on the busness card. need another 110k miles for 2 first class tix to asia. Any idea what is the best way to get them? What is the best promo out there for a third AA card? it'll probabkly need to be business as i have two personal.

Also, which credit cards transfer to AA? at 1:1 ratio?

Thx
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
Applied for the two AA cards in different browsers. Approved for the Amex, decision pending on the Visa. Any chance of getting the visa or am I stuck with just 50000 bonus on the Amex?
Old Apr 17, 2012, 6:03 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by gold644
I have been getting spammed recently with mailers for adding the Citi AA Amex in addition to my AA MC. The promotion is for 25,000 miles and $50 statement credit and also the annual fee is waived if other card remains active.

Does anyone know if this is a good deal or better to wait the 18~ months to apply for the Amex separately? Does adding the Amex to my account cause a hard pull on my credit?

Thanks in advance
Yeah, I got the same offer and am contemplating whether to go for it or not. I have the regular Amex card now so this might be the only option for me in the near future. Also, just got approved for the AA Visa Signature for which I was declined last year so 50K in AA miles and a $150 statement credit are coming my way!
Old Apr 17, 2012, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hqly2001
I currently have about 160k miles with AA and have signed up for two Citi AA cards but missed out on the busness card. need another 110k miles for 2 first class tix to asia. Any idea what is the best way to get them? What is the best promo out there for a third AA card? it'll probabkly need to be business as i have two personal.

Also, which credit cards transfer to AA? at 1:1 ratio?

Thx
AA Biz would be your only option at the moment.

AMEX SPG transfers to AA at 1:1.25 ratio if transfer in 20K increment. PM me if you want a referral.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 8:10 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
seems citi is cracking down biz card churning. Any one knows about the new timeline for biz cards?
Old Apr 17, 2012, 8:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by allanfan
seems citi is cracking down biz card churning. Any one knows about the new timeline for biz cards?
i wouldn't risk another HARD INQUIRY on same cards for at least 3 yrs. they are not approving it for 2nd time
Old Apr 17, 2012, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by jimmy1
i wouldn't risk another HARD INQUIRY on same cards for at least 3 yrs. they are not approving it for 2nd time
Why?
Old Apr 17, 2012, 10:16 pm

I applied for both the visa and amex personal cards today.

I had previosuly applied for both citi visa personal and citi visa business on oct 1, 2010. so it has been 18 months and 16 days since my last application.

a wrinkle is that in july 2011 citi offered me 10k for adding an amex card to my citi visa (apprently the amex is part of the same account as the personal visa, not an account on its own).

question is that does the July 2011 activity reset the 18 month clock for me? If so, i made a foolish move today by applying.

Even if the July 2011 activity doesn't count, 18 months and 16 days is cutting it close..i guess i got trigger happy today.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:00 pm

How soon can you use these cards to get an AA ticket? (and benefit from the $150 statement credit?) Can you pay for a ticket right away once you get approved?
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by absolem
How soon can you use these cards to get an AA ticket? (and benefit from the $150 statement credit?) Can you pay for a ticket right away once you get approved?
The moment you have the physical card in your hand.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by Happy
The moment you have the physical card in your hand.
Yeah I was just wondering if you could pay when you get the approval, somehow...
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah I was just wondering if you could pay when you get the approval, somehow...
You would not be given the credit card number, let alone the cvs over the phone.

Think about it, if such info can be given over the phone by the CSR, especially the cvc, how can one assures the security of the card?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 4:40 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
You can request expedited card via either Fed ex or Ups to speed up receipt of card. This is true with Amex and Chase but I don't know if Citi does it .

They do it as a replacement card and you will get a second card via snail mail that you have to destroy

Happy probably knows the correct answer, as to whether Citi supplys this service

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.