Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 19, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SeeBuyFly
MOST CURRENT WORKING LINKS.

Citi AA platinum Personal Visa 50,000 miles after $2500 spend in 4 months (Note: no AC passes or statement credit). $85 Annual Fee. Waived first year.

End of an era Ladies and gents. The 50k offer is now dead.

Citi Business MasterCard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here
Citi Platinum Select Visa. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months.$95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Business Mastercard. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months.
Citi Personal Platinum Select. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Gold AA World Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months.
$50 annual fee,waived 1st year.

Citi Business Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year.

Citi Gold AA Visa Signature Card. 25,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months. $50 annual fee,waived 1st year. Landing page available here

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

CitiBank Phone Numbers. (Please add the others that you know)
  • (800) 695-5171 – Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
  • (800) 763-9795 – General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
  • (800) 645-7240 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (800) 288-4653 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (866) 606-2787 – General Application and Account Questions with live rep
  • (888) 201-4523 – Application status
  • (866) 606-2961 – Reconsideration Line.
  • Twitter : @AskCiti. Very powerful tool.

FAQ

1. Are these cards churnable?
Yes, they are. BUT you’ll have to wait anywhere from 12 to 26 months before applying again. Approvals have happened at the 13 month mark and denials at 24.
There is no set 18 month rule, but always err on the side of caution when churning.
Also- it’s from DATE OF APPROVAL and not from date of cancellation.

2.What are the most current rules in applying for these cards?
#ONLY ONE APPLICATION in a day (make that 30 hours to be safe)
#No more than 2 apps in 65 (approximately) days.
Example:
Day 1 40K personal platinum
Day 2 or later 25-30K personal gold
65+ days later 40K business

While the day limits are a little flexible by a few days either way and YMMV, the rules themselves are not flexible.

3. How long does it take for the Admiral passes to arrive?
For the better part, it takes about 3 months. This is not a set number, and some have received theirs sooner.It's been deduced that the passes are handled by a 3rd party that mails them in batches. Please don’t call Citi for the passes, because you’ll mostly find a CSR who doesn't know better and will give you wrong information.

4. Can I apply for a business card if I don’t have a business?
Technically, you can. But you may be asked for a 4506-T form, or to provide proof of business or/and a copy of a bill with your business name on it. If you don't already have a credit history for the business name you plan to use (meaning this is your first rodeo) then it is recommended you use your name as the business name with no income and 0 as years in business.

5. How do I get the statement credit?
First, you have to make sure if the offer you signed up for gave you A $150 credit or UP TO A $150 statement credit. For the 1st, any AA coded purchase ($50 AA GC seems to be the simplest option here) will/should trigger it. For the 2nd, you’ll have to spend $150 to get the $150 credit.
For more information on what will work and what won’t, please see here (thanks sdsearch) and here (thanks dogbyte)

6. Does the $150 account credit (for AA purchases using the VISA or AMEX) count against the spending required to receive the initial mileage bonus?
No. It does not. (Put differently: any account credit you receive has no impact on your spending total for purposes of earning the "X thousand miles for $Y spent in the first Z months" bonus.)

7. Can I buy Visa gift cards to meet my minimum spend?
There’s a very good chance that it’ll be coded as a cash advance.
It’s recommended to call citi and have them set your Cash Advance limit to zero. (thanks KennyBSAT)

8. Do I get 10% back when redeeming miles for awards?
It depends. First, the rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply if you hold only the Citi Gold World MasterCard.

Also, the maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate; the restriction applies per AAdvantage account.

9. At what locations are my one day Club passes valid?
All valid locations are listed here.
Print Wikipost

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2012, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by fr33b13
Jimmy - the links above should work for you. There is no more splash page listing the details, but it's second hand now to just trust the links as long as you can still fill out the application. If you apply for both personal cards, remember to use the two browser trick.
Originally Posted by jimmy1
some are saying the 50k miles and $150 credit is only on the CITI AADVANTAGE BUSINESS version and there is no such working link for visa and amex (personal) saying they are only 40k miles without the $150 credit offer.

true?
Originally Posted by tormapleaf
I want to get the CitiBusiness - it looks like the 50k offer is gone?

If so, which is the best existing offer, #1(45k) or #3(40+10k)?
Post 1 has been updated with the best offer. 50k points, $150 statement credit after ONE purchase, and 2 Club passes
This offer is for ALL THREE personal Visa, personal AMEX, business Visa

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
No one knows.
jcmitchell21!!! you're back!
Old Apr 3, 2012, 1:40 pm

Just got my "$100 off, 50k, & Companion Cert" business visa the other day. Got the personal Amex and Visa 75k back in October. Didn't have to prove I had a business or provide any additional information. Confirmed that I'm getting the 50k miles for a 3k in 4 month spend. She didn't mention the other perks but she seemed like she just wanted to activate my card and move on.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold
Post 1 has been updated with the best offer. 50k points, $150 statement credit after ONE purchase, and 2 Club passes
This offer is for ALL THREE personal Visa, personal AMEX, business Visa
Just wanted to point out that the first 3 links on Post 1 still have the "..." in the URL, which makes them unusable. The links themselves that you quoted in a post 2 pages back are correct though, so it just looks like the URLs need to be updated to their full length.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by y2chen
Just wanted to point out that the first 3 links on Post 1 still have the "..." in the URL, which makes them unusable. The links themselves that you quoted in a post 2 pages back are correct though, so it just looks like the URLs need to be updated to their full length.
Thanks for the heads up, fixed now.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 2:35 pm
Suspended

1. $150 statement credit for the first eligible AA purchase made within 12 months of cardmembership, 50k miles after $3,000 in purchases within the first 4 months, 2 AC passes

Links:

Visa (Personal): https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3001
Amex (Personal): https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3033
Visa (Business): https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3006

is this the best and working offer ?
Old Apr 3, 2012, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by sdsearch
There is now a thread in the AA forum that has official participation from an AA represetnative and that is answering many questions about what new benefits do and don't apply to which types of previously-acquuired cards. Read and discus there:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-benefits.html
Yes, please follow link above for info on new Citi AA offer.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by michael_v
$150 statement credit:

http://www.fly8.citicards.com/
This CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card offer is valid only for first-time CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® cardmembers who apply pursuant to this offer for an account by January 31, 2012.
link is still working but i am cautious here!
Old Apr 4, 2012, 7:13 am

How quickly have your statement credits for AA purchases posted?

I made AA gc purchase 5 or so days before statement was printed, and the purchase made it to my statement. The credit for AA purchases didn't find it's way to the statement, however.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
My 2 Admiral's passes came in the mail sometime in the past three weeks while I was traveling in Asia.

AA Business card
Early Feb application
Away 7 promo
expiry 12/31/12

50k post with this statement cycle

I've not done my AA purchase for $150 credit yet.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by teege
How quickly have your statement credits for AA purchases posted?

I made AA gc purchase 5 or so days before statement was printed, and the purchase made it to my statement. The credit for AA purchases didn't find it's way to the statement, however.
Which type of card, and what was the exact spelling of the merchant on the statement?? Both of those can make a difference.

The Visa credit posts promptly, but I don't know if quite that promptly.

But the Amex credit can take many months to post and may require intervention if your purchase came through as from "AA AIR" instead of "AMEERICAN AIRLINES". (Unless they've fixed that recently.)
Old Apr 4, 2012, 7:13 pm

I got the 75k Visa offer last September. I should have applied for both Visa and Amex, but only did the Visa. I got the business version in January. Is it possible for me to get the personal AMEX 50k offer? I'm assuming not, but couldn't find an answer on the previous pages. Thanks!

****Nevermind. I did more research and found out that I would NOT be approved. I'll leave this up here in case anyone has a similar question*****

Last edited by keggers1; Apr 4, 2012 at 7:20 pm Reason: I'm an idiot
Old Apr 4, 2012, 8:20 pm

I just applied for the AA Business Visa using fly8.citicards.com (50k points, $150 free after first purchase, and 2 Club passes) and I got to step 5 with no application number. Does anyone know what this means?

I want to get my story ready before I call up Citi.
Originally Posted by Happy
Not a good sign. I was denied on mine last year with same situation - Step 5 but no App ID nor phone number. Talked to 2 reps both tried and then came back to tell me the system would not let them to over-ride anything for the denial. I did not follow up with letter to Exec Office.
Originally Posted by ioananv
Same here, and my application was automatically approved after a week. I kept calling the automated system for updates, but did not ask to speak with a representative.
Update on my application. I called the AA Business number and was approved for my Business Application without needing to send in any documentation.

Happy - I hope this means good news for you next time you try.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
denial for business cc!!

So, i applied for the business card (fly8) on 4/3. It needed further review and I got application ID#. Last night received a denial email----
You already have the maximum number of accounts that
can be issued to an individual.

I called this morning, rep said he cant override.I offered to close my personal account for this acct, but nothing!!!
He said to call again to speak to a supervisor b/c they're busy.

In the past I had this card once...applied in Oct 2010 and closed a year later in 2011. I have not applied for any citi cards in 2011, except for the citi hilton in oct 2011.

Should I call again? Any thoughts on them reversing the decision....I am really doubting it...bad luck for me!!
Old Apr 5, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by express3
You already have the maximum number of accounts that
can be issued to an individual.
How many accounts / cards do you have?
Old Apr 5, 2012, 9:13 am

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
Originally Posted by anabolism
How many accounts / cards do you have?

I have 4 personal citi cards, one of which is an AA MC.

I was hoping to apply for the thank you card, but I guess not anymore.

As far as business cards through citi, none. (I already cancelled the AA business about 5 months ago)

Everytime I try to churn something does not go in my favor

I'm so hesitant in calling again....**depressed**

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.