Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 19, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SeeBuyFly
MOST CURRENT WORKING LINKS.

Citi AA platinum Personal Visa 50,000 miles after $2500 spend in 4 months (Note: no AC passes or statement credit). $85 Annual Fee. Waived first year.

End of an era Ladies and gents. The 50k offer is now dead.

Citi Business MasterCard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here
Citi Platinum Select Visa. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months.$95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Business Mastercard. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months.
Citi Personal Platinum Select. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Gold AA World Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months.
$50 annual fee,waived 1st year.

Citi Business Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year.

Citi Gold AA Visa Signature Card. 25,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months. $50 annual fee,waived 1st year. Landing page available here

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

CitiBank Phone Numbers. (Please add the others that you know)
  • (800) 695-5171 – Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
  • (800) 763-9795 – General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
  • (800) 645-7240 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (800) 288-4653 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (866) 606-2787 – General Application and Account Questions with live rep
  • (888) 201-4523 – Application status
  • (866) 606-2961 – Reconsideration Line.
  • Twitter : @AskCiti. Very powerful tool.

FAQ

1. Are these cards churnable?
Yes, they are. BUT you’ll have to wait anywhere from 12 to 26 months before applying again. Approvals have happened at the 13 month mark and denials at 24.
There is no set 18 month rule, but always err on the side of caution when churning.
Also- it’s from DATE OF APPROVAL and not from date of cancellation.

2.What are the most current rules in applying for these cards?
#ONLY ONE APPLICATION in a day (make that 30 hours to be safe)
#No more than 2 apps in 65 (approximately) days.
Example:
Day 1 40K personal platinum
Day 2 or later 25-30K personal gold
65+ days later 40K business

While the day limits are a little flexible by a few days either way and YMMV, the rules themselves are not flexible.

3. How long does it take for the Admiral passes to arrive?
For the better part, it takes about 3 months. This is not a set number, and some have received theirs sooner.It's been deduced that the passes are handled by a 3rd party that mails them in batches. Please don’t call Citi for the passes, because you’ll mostly find a CSR who doesn't know better and will give you wrong information.

4. Can I apply for a business card if I don’t have a business?
Technically, you can. But you may be asked for a 4506-T form, or to provide proof of business or/and a copy of a bill with your business name on it. If you don't already have a credit history for the business name you plan to use (meaning this is your first rodeo) then it is recommended you use your name as the business name with no income and 0 as years in business.

5. How do I get the statement credit?
First, you have to make sure if the offer you signed up for gave you A $150 credit or UP TO A $150 statement credit. For the 1st, any AA coded purchase ($50 AA GC seems to be the simplest option here) will/should trigger it. For the 2nd, you’ll have to spend $150 to get the $150 credit.
For more information on what will work and what won’t, please see here (thanks sdsearch) and here (thanks dogbyte)

6. Does the $150 account credit (for AA purchases using the VISA or AMEX) count against the spending required to receive the initial mileage bonus?
No. It does not. (Put differently: any account credit you receive has no impact on your spending total for purposes of earning the "X thousand miles for $Y spent in the first Z months" bonus.)

7. Can I buy Visa gift cards to meet my minimum spend?
There’s a very good chance that it’ll be coded as a cash advance.
It’s recommended to call citi and have them set your Cash Advance limit to zero. (thanks KennyBSAT)

8. Do I get 10% back when redeeming miles for awards?
It depends. First, the rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply if you hold only the Citi Gold World MasterCard.

Also, the maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate; the restriction applies per AAdvantage account.

9. At what locations are my one day Club passes valid?
All valid locations are listed here.
Print Wikipost

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2012, 1:40 pm

Thought I'd post an update. I applied for the 75k cards last May (only approved for Visa) with the two-browser trick. Then in August or so I did the 75k biz visa. Cancelled that yesterday and reapplied as part of a mini-churn for the 40k miles after $1000 spend (I can't meet the higher spend for 50k). I did notice in the T&C it says the bonus miles are only available to first time cardholders, but I know others report this still working so it's worth a shot.

I got to step 5 and had to call in to verify some personal info, but was approved by the phone rep. Thanks Citi!

EDIT: Here's the link I used for 40k and $1000 spend:

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...110117174856:s

Last edited by drbobguy; Mar 17, 2012 at 1:53 pm
Old Mar 17, 2012, 2:51 pm

Hey guys,
Do Visa and Amex links in the Post 1 that were supposed to expire on Dec 31 still work?

I applied today through them and was approved for both cards, but now worry that I will not get 50K bonus.

Thanks!
Old Mar 17, 2012, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by BigRedBears
Hey guys,
Do Visa and Amex links in the Post 1 that were supposed to expire on Dec 31 still work?

I applied today through them and was approved for both cards, but now worry that I will not get 50K bonus.

Thanks!
As long as the link was live, the offer works and you will get the bonus miles. Citicards' System is very good in upholding their promotions and I never had any problems with their promos. Citibank (the personal banking division) on the other hand is a totally different animal and many people (including myself) have frequent problems with their promotion fulfillment. Hope it helps.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by drbobguy
Thought I'd post an update. I applied for the 75k cards last May (only approved for Visa) with the two-browser trick. Then in August or so I did the 75k biz visa. Cancelled that yesterday and reapplied as part of a mini-churn for the 40k miles after $1000 spend (I can't meet the higher spend for 50k). I did notice in the T&C it says the bonus miles are only available to first time cardholders, but I know others report this still working so it's worth a shot.

I got to step 5 and had to call in to verify some personal info, but was approved by the phone rep. Thanks Citi!

Thank you for the report of additional successful case of 9-month in between applications.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by geclub1
Thank you for the report of additional successful case of 9-month in between applications.
Just to be clear I'm talking about the biz card.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by gv111
As long as the link was live, the offer works and you will get the bonus miles. Citicards' System is very good in upholding their promotions and I never had any problems with their promos. Citibank (the personal banking division) on the other hand is a totally different animal and many people (including myself) have frequent problems with their promotion fulfillment. Hope it helps.
Link was live, so fingers crossed it worked.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 8:47 pm

Programs: SW, UA, IHG Plat, Hilton, Marriott

Thanks for that....This might be a better alternative for people like myself who may not be able to meet the spending requirement especially when doing the two browser trick.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 9:45 pm

Great thanks very much going to have to give it a try
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:49 pm

Programs: DL-Polished Aluminum, Air Mobility Command-Chartreuse
Data point on AAdmiral's club passes

Applied for AAdv Bus on week of 6 Feb, arrived week of 27 Feb- didn't call to push approval. Passes arrived week of 12 March. Confirmed 3k spend over 4 mos for 50k miles.

Only bummer- passes require travel on AA metal; had thought of using them for a long layover at LHR, inbound on UA onward travel on SAS (same terminal).... do they really check to see that you're ticketed on AA when you use the pass?
Old Mar 18, 2012, 6:11 am
GGE

Programs: DL, US, AA, Marriott Silver, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond
Quick question about the one-day use Admiral's Club Passes that come with these offers - I see in the T&C that you must be flying same day on AA in order to use them, which is fine, but it also says that each pass is good for one adult and up to 3 children under age 18 (immediate family members).

I have myself, my husband, two children under 18... and an 18 year old.

Does anyone have any experience with this situation? Will I have to buy an additional one-time day pass for my 18 year old, or do these passes alternatively allow the pass-holder to bring along one adult family member?

What I mean is, Can I bring my two young children with me on my pass, and have my husband bring our 18 year old with him on his?

I would check into the documentation that came with my passes, except I haven't received them yet. I didn't get any promo packet or whatever with my card... not sure if I should've!

edit - sorry, found the answer myself finally, but of course not until after I posted my question -- here's the info in case anyone else comes across my post who is also wondering about the details of these passes - http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...ns.jsp#one-day

(a final edit - those who are planning to apply for a card via a link in the first post, but havent' yet - read the offers carefully. Some do not have the companion certificate included in the deal... I accidentally app'd an offer without the companion certificate, and that was the main thing I was interested in. D'oh!!)

Last edited by GGE; Mar 18, 2012 at 6:22 am
Old Mar 18, 2012, 6:17 am

Programs: AA, SPG
Also note I got my AA personal card yesterday and after activation the person told me i could apply for the AA business today and still get the sign on bonus. I thought there was a 65 day wait.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 6:21 am
GGE

Programs: DL, US, AA, Marriott Silver, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by Tony3021990
Also note I got my AA personal card yesterday and after activation the person told me i could apply for the AA business today and still get the sign on bonus. I thought there was a 65 day wait.
I believe the 65 day wait is between getting a personal and another personal, or between getting a biz and another biz.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 7:07 am

Programs: No preference
The 65 day rule is based on any Citi card application. Citi does not allow more than 2 credit card applications in any 60 day period. If you apply for only ONE personal card (why I have no idea), then you can also immediately apply for a business card.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by geclub1
You are confused.

Just to be clear I'm talking about the biz card.
Biz card does not seem to need a long time lapse between cards.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msp2anywhere
Applied for AAdv Bus on week of 6 Feb, arrived week of 27 Feb- didn't call to push approval. Passes arrived week of 12 March. Confirmed 3k spend over 4 mos for 50k miles.

Only bummer- passes require travel on AA metal; had thought of using them for a long layover at LHR, inbound on UA onward travel on SAS (same terminal).... do they really check to see that you're ticketed on AA when you use the pass?
Yes they do. They ask boarding pass at the entrance unless you flash the AC membership card of which you do not have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.