Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 19, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SeeBuyFly
MOST CURRENT WORKING LINKS.

Citi AA platinum Personal Visa 50,000 miles after $2500 spend in 4 months (Note: no AC passes or statement credit). $85 Annual Fee. Waived first year.

End of an era Ladies and gents. The 50k offer is now dead.

Citi Business MasterCard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here
Citi Platinum Select Visa. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months.$95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Business Mastercard. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months.
Citi Personal Platinum Select. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Gold AA World Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months.
$50 annual fee,waived 1st year.

Citi Business Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year.

Citi Gold AA Visa Signature Card. 25,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months. $50 annual fee,waived 1st year. Landing page available here

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

CitiBank Phone Numbers. (Please add the others that you know)
  • (800) 695-5171 – Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
  • (800) 763-9795 – General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
  • (800) 645-7240 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (800) 288-4653 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (866) 606-2787 – General Application and Account Questions with live rep
  • (888) 201-4523 – Application status
  • (866) 606-2961 – Reconsideration Line.
  • Twitter : @AskCiti. Very powerful tool.

FAQ

1. Are these cards churnable?
Yes, they are. BUT you’ll have to wait anywhere from 12 to 26 months before applying again. Approvals have happened at the 13 month mark and denials at 24.
There is no set 18 month rule, but always err on the side of caution when churning.
Also- it’s from DATE OF APPROVAL and not from date of cancellation.

2.What are the most current rules in applying for these cards?
#ONLY ONE APPLICATION in a day (make that 30 hours to be safe)
#No more than 2 apps in 65 (approximately) days.
Example:
Day 1 40K personal platinum
Day 2 or later 25-30K personal gold
65+ days later 40K business

While the day limits are a little flexible by a few days either way and YMMV, the rules themselves are not flexible.

3. How long does it take for the Admiral passes to arrive?
For the better part, it takes about 3 months. This is not a set number, and some have received theirs sooner.It's been deduced that the passes are handled by a 3rd party that mails them in batches. Please don’t call Citi for the passes, because you’ll mostly find a CSR who doesn't know better and will give you wrong information.

4. Can I apply for a business card if I don’t have a business?
Technically, you can. But you may be asked for a 4506-T form, or to provide proof of business or/and a copy of a bill with your business name on it. If you don't already have a credit history for the business name you plan to use (meaning this is your first rodeo) then it is recommended you use your name as the business name with no income and 0 as years in business.

5. How do I get the statement credit?
First, you have to make sure if the offer you signed up for gave you A $150 credit or UP TO A $150 statement credit. For the 1st, any AA coded purchase ($50 AA GC seems to be the simplest option here) will/should trigger it. For the 2nd, you’ll have to spend $150 to get the $150 credit.
For more information on what will work and what won’t, please see here (thanks sdsearch) and here (thanks dogbyte)

6. Does the $150 account credit (for AA purchases using the VISA or AMEX) count against the spending required to receive the initial mileage bonus?
No. It does not. (Put differently: any account credit you receive has no impact on your spending total for purposes of earning the "X thousand miles for $Y spent in the first Z months" bonus.)

7. Can I buy Visa gift cards to meet my minimum spend?
There’s a very good chance that it’ll be coded as a cash advance.
It’s recommended to call citi and have them set your Cash Advance limit to zero. (thanks KennyBSAT)

8. Do I get 10% back when redeeming miles for awards?
It depends. First, the rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply if you hold only the Citi Gold World MasterCard.

Also, the maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate; the restriction applies per AAdvantage account.

9. At what locations are my one day Club passes valid?
All valid locations are listed here.
Print Wikipost

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:29 pm

As I mentioned earlier, I went that route but rejected for World master 30K saying multiple apps on same day.

Originally Posted by Long Islander
My wife applied for the Visa 50k and then the Amex 50k on two different computers. Visa got instant approval, Amex pending further review. So, we decided to take a chance and apply for the 30k Gold MC in link #4820. Also got pending further review. Others who applied for the Visa 50k and Gold Mc 30k near simultaneously got bot instantly approved, so I think the lesson is to go that route for those who are on the fence
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ftbargain
As I mentioned earlier, I went that route but rejected for World master 30K saying multiple apps on same day.
Was the 30K MC a 2nd app or a 3rd app?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by artgoddess80
I had to send Citi a proof of business on a utility bill whatever. I was finally approved on the 24th for 20k for the biz card. I was able to get the 50k miles offer on the personal AMEX and 2 AC passes like I previously posted. Still haven't received the passes though. Waiting to see if the 50k offer went through for the biz card.
I guess that's the end of that for me.

I'm having a Hell of a time trying to figure out how I can get the most miles bang for my buck (I will spend 6k in 4 months). All I see are pathetic bonuses on the new offers. They are definitely getting less generous. That's what happens when these companies become overfed with demand.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by Happy
It is a highly YMMV thing. Where do you live does not seem to have any bearing in applying a business card.

As for the underlined part...

Some lucky folks get their cards without hearing a blip from Citi.

Some unlucky folks get the requests from Citi to verify their businesses by utility bills and bank statements / business licenses that bear their business names.

How lucky do you feel?
What happens if you cannot produce this proof after receiving your card? Or, do you have to provide proof before receiving it?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by ddallas
The links that people here have been using for 5000 posts are in the first post. They don't have landing pages, so it takes a leap of faith, but there would not be over 5000 posts if it did not work. Just read back and see which links folks report being approved for the last couple days. That's pretty much what everyone else here has done.
But I have all but lost faith in any of these links, especially the link labeled "Landing Page (Thanks to pianistat!)". When you click on that one, you get the ordinary 30k offer, which is clearly stated on the page.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 1:00 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by joer1212
But I have all but lost faith in any of these links, especially the link labeled "Landing Page (Thanks to pianistat!)". When you click on that one, you get the ordinary 30k offer, which is clearly stated on the page.
Well that's your problem, if you read all the individual "data points" people have been providing, you wouldn't have these issues.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 4:16 am

Programs: All, but no status!
Sigh........there is only a 30k offer on the supposed 50k link. I didn't need to come here to find that, this offer can be found anywhere.
Now that I found this link to be unreliable, I am hesitant to trust the other links provided, especially when there is no mention of the terms of the offer when you reach the application page.
If you don't want to apply using the same links so many of us have successfully used so many times for 50,000 miles, then don't do it. It's a personal choice.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 6:06 am

I think the standard offer on the Citi site has been about 30k for the last two years. If you are willing to take a little risk and spend 30 minutes reading the past weeks approval posts to see which links resulted in successful applications, you can get 80k or 100k over two cards. If that risk is unacceptable to you then you can apply on Citi's site and get 30k on one card. It's how all this works. It's why people are here. As you are beginning to realize, it's not for everyone. Some people are only comfortable with a sure thing, and that's okay.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 7:06 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, UA Premier Gold; SPG Plat; Marriott Plat; Hertz PC
Same thing happened to me and it was considered a "3rd" app.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 7:51 am

2nd app. I dint apply for 3rd because recon told me "our system automatically declines any app coming after your first application, and we cannot overturn that decline" as I experienced with 2nd app.

Also, the page didn't 'think' (pull credit report and validate anything) too much to give the denial as it just looked at their own internal database and rejected me seeing the other app. First app took about 30 seconds to give 'Further review blah blah call this number blah ' but the second app gave 'App received. You'll get a response in one week' in about 5 seconds.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: AA, DL, UA, AMEX PLAT
Applied last night for 50k and 30k. 50k approved, 30k declined.

Phone rep confirmed the 50k bonus and $150 statement credit after first purchase on AA.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 8:29 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
question regarding the $150 credit for AA purchase, will that come after statement close, immediately after the AA charge, or only after spending the entire requirement?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by packattack12
Applied last night for 50k and 30k. 50k approved, 30k declined.
With the flood of recent 50k and 30k gold applications, I wonder if Citi is now limiting applications to one per day. Regardless, the 30k gold was also working 1 or more days after applying for the platinum/select IF you only had those 2 applications in the past 65 days.

Last edited by bksmm; Feb 28, 2013 at 8:39 am
Old Feb 28, 2013, 9:14 am

The landing page link for offer #1 on the first post is redirecting back to another Citi offer page now and it would be helpful if the OP removed it.

The application links are all still working even though there's no landing page for them.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What happens if you cannot produce this proof after receiving your card? Or, do you have to provide proof before receiving it?
The request on the proof of business is during the approval process.

Hence the Lucky versus Unlucky scenario.

Lucky ones never are asked to submit proof of business.

Unlucky ones are, some only utility bills and bank statements would do. Some need to send in copy of business license.

But since no one has crystal ball to predict how Citi would treat one's application, the better approach is not to make up a business name that does not exist.

You can always use your own name as a sole proprietor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.