Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 19, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SeeBuyFly
MOST CURRENT WORKING LINKS.

Citi AA platinum Personal Visa 50,000 miles after $2500 spend in 4 months (Note: no AC passes or statement credit). $85 Annual Fee. Waived first year.

End of an era Ladies and gents. The 50k offer is now dead.

Citi Business MasterCard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here
Citi Platinum Select Visa. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months.$95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Business Mastercard. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months.
Citi Personal Platinum Select. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Gold AA World Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months.
$50 annual fee,waived 1st year.

Citi Business Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year.

Citi Gold AA Visa Signature Card. 25,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months. $50 annual fee,waived 1st year. Landing page available here

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

CitiBank Phone Numbers. (Please add the others that you know)
  • (800) 695-5171 – Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
  • (800) 763-9795 – General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
  • (800) 645-7240 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (800) 288-4653 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (866) 606-2787 – General Application and Account Questions with live rep
  • (888) 201-4523 – Application status
  • (866) 606-2961 – Reconsideration Line.
  • Twitter : @AskCiti. Very powerful tool.

FAQ

1. Are these cards churnable?
Yes, they are. BUT you’ll have to wait anywhere from 12 to 26 months before applying again. Approvals have happened at the 13 month mark and denials at 24.
There is no set 18 month rule, but always err on the side of caution when churning.
Also- it’s from DATE OF APPROVAL and not from date of cancellation.

2.What are the most current rules in applying for these cards?
#ONLY ONE APPLICATION in a day (make that 30 hours to be safe)
#No more than 2 apps in 65 (approximately) days.
Example:
Day 1 40K personal platinum
Day 2 or later 25-30K personal gold
65+ days later 40K business

While the day limits are a little flexible by a few days either way and YMMV, the rules themselves are not flexible.

3. How long does it take for the Admiral passes to arrive?
For the better part, it takes about 3 months. This is not a set number, and some have received theirs sooner.It's been deduced that the passes are handled by a 3rd party that mails them in batches. Please don’t call Citi for the passes, because you’ll mostly find a CSR who doesn't know better and will give you wrong information.

4. Can I apply for a business card if I don’t have a business?
Technically, you can. But you may be asked for a 4506-T form, or to provide proof of business or/and a copy of a bill with your business name on it. If you don't already have a credit history for the business name you plan to use (meaning this is your first rodeo) then it is recommended you use your name as the business name with no income and 0 as years in business.

5. How do I get the statement credit?
First, you have to make sure if the offer you signed up for gave you A $150 credit or UP TO A $150 statement credit. For the 1st, any AA coded purchase ($50 AA GC seems to be the simplest option here) will/should trigger it. For the 2nd, you’ll have to spend $150 to get the $150 credit.
For more information on what will work and what won’t, please see here (thanks sdsearch) and here (thanks dogbyte)

6. Does the $150 account credit (for AA purchases using the VISA or AMEX) count against the spending required to receive the initial mileage bonus?
No. It does not. (Put differently: any account credit you receive has no impact on your spending total for purposes of earning the "X thousand miles for $Y spent in the first Z months" bonus.)

7. Can I buy Visa gift cards to meet my minimum spend?
There’s a very good chance that it’ll be coded as a cash advance.
It’s recommended to call citi and have them set your Cash Advance limit to zero. (thanks KennyBSAT)

8. Do I get 10% back when redeeming miles for awards?
It depends. First, the rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply if you hold only the Citi Gold World MasterCard.

Also, the maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate; the restriction applies per AAdvantage account.

9. At what locations are my one day Club passes valid?
All valid locations are listed here.
Print Wikipost

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
I've been following this thread without posting for a few months, but I didn't notice lkar's post. Sounds like the answer to my question is yes.
Based on a relatively small sample size so far, yes. I am not sure I would wait though. Who knows how long the opportunity will last.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by lkar
Based on a relatively small sample size so far, yes. I am not sure I would wait though. Who knows how long the opportunity will last.
You're right. The gravy train seems to be slowing down. I'm a bit overextended with min. spend right now... but I suppose I can handle another $750.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 9:26 am

What else can I use the $100-$150 statement credit for besides AA flights?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:27 am
c2d

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott, HHonors, Avis et al.
Originally Posted by FlyingJob83
What else can I use the $100-$150 statement credit for besides AA flights?
As far as I understand, you get the statement credit after you make a direct-AA purchase (post $1987). Once you get the credit, you can use it for anything -- in fact it will just offset your card balance I believe.

Data point: Just applied for Amex from post #1 and Gold MC from post #4820. Instant approval Amex @ $30k CL. Showed pending for MC, but approved after live chat @ 19k CL. The agent just asked to confirm my cell# and then approved. Thanks saacman5033, CVG_Kid and others.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:35 am

Another data point,

Feb 21, 2013 12:30pm

Applied the Visa Personal 50K version on the first page of this thread, instant approved for 5K;

2 minutes later, applied the Master 30K Gold version, instant approved for 5K.

Thanks,

Yi
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: AA Gold, AS, HA, CX, AF, BA, UA, HH
Email offer today - 35,000 Miles for $1,500

Just got approved for 50k Visa per the link on page 1. Received email soon after (pure coincidence?) for the CitiBusiness/Advantage World MasterCard stating "Apply now, get the card and earn 35,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after making $1,500 in purchases within the first 3 months of cardmembership1!", applied and was approved!
Here's the link:
https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3006
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:40 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
$150 statement credit

Any recent data points on getting the $150 statement credit from the offer on pg. 1?

I realize the eligible AA purchases are listed on post 1987, but I'm curious if anyone has had any luck actually getting the credit to post recently, particularly for a small item like a $7 glass of wine in flight.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:47 am

Programs: USair BA DL AA
Nice thread. I got the 5Ok platinum a few weeks ago and gave up on doing much else with AA right now. I just logged in and got the Citi gold AA with a short online chat at step 5. It was funny they gave me a 17.5k limit on the gold but only 15k on the Platinum
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:18 pm

Anyone have link to live chat to get my World MC approved?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:42 pm
c2d

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott, HHonors, Avis et al.
Originally Posted by mterr1
Anyone have link to live chat to get my World MC approved?
You should have received an email from Citi with the link with your App ID included. Here is a generic one:
https://edelivery.citi.com/Interacti...applicationID=

You'll need the App ID (starts with 2013...) and your zip code to start the chat.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 1:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by c2d
You should have received an email from Citi with the link with your App ID included. Here is a generic one:

You'll need the App ID (starts with 2013...) and your zip code to start the chat.
I only got one for the two Citi cards I applied to, but they were having system issues, so that might have been it. If you call they can look it up with info like your zip and phone number.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by c2d

I received the e-mail, but I don't get the chat option when I go to the webiste (I made sure that I enabled pop-ups). I'm still getting the "you can check back in 24 hours" message and that they'll contact me within a week by e-mail or mail. I will hold off on calling for another day or two.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 1:18 pm
Suspended

I just got 6, yes, 6 pre-qualified things from Citi in the mail in ONE DAY. This might be a little bit of overkill on their part. Are they really going to send me a letter saying I'm pre-qualified every time I look at a card on their site?

Kind of wasteful, since I got 2 for each of the three cards, probably because I have two Citi cards.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
I have the reserve card and met the min spend... where are my vouchers ?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 2:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by poser
I have the reserve card and met the min spend... where are my vouchers ?
A) this is the wrong thread.

B) Read your T&C, I'm sure it's in there about how long you need to wait, but it doesn't sound like patience is one of your virtues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.