Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 19, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SeeBuyFly
MOST CURRENT WORKING LINKS.

Citi AA platinum Personal Visa 50,000 miles after $2500 spend in 4 months (Note: no AC passes or statement credit). $85 Annual Fee. Waived first year.

End of an era Ladies and gents. The 50k offer is now dead.

Citi Business MasterCard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here
Citi Platinum Select Visa. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months.$95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Business Mastercard. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months.
Citi Personal Platinum Select. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Gold AA World Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months.
$50 annual fee,waived 1st year.

Citi Business Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year.

Citi Gold AA Visa Signature Card. 25,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months. $50 annual fee,waived 1st year. Landing page available here

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

CitiBank Phone Numbers. (Please add the others that you know)
  • (800) 695-5171 – Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
  • (800) 763-9795 – General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
  • (800) 645-7240 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (800) 288-4653 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (866) 606-2787 – General Application and Account Questions with live rep
  • (888) 201-4523 – Application status
  • (866) 606-2961 – Reconsideration Line.
  • Twitter : @AskCiti. Very powerful tool.

FAQ

1. Are these cards churnable?
Yes, they are. BUT you’ll have to wait anywhere from 12 to 26 months before applying again. Approvals have happened at the 13 month mark and denials at 24.
There is no set 18 month rule, but always err on the side of caution when churning.
Also- it’s from DATE OF APPROVAL and not from date of cancellation.

2.What are the most current rules in applying for these cards?
#ONLY ONE APPLICATION in a day (make that 30 hours to be safe)
#No more than 2 apps in 65 (approximately) days.
Example:
Day 1 40K personal platinum
Day 2 or later 25-30K personal gold
65+ days later 40K business

While the day limits are a little flexible by a few days either way and YMMV, the rules themselves are not flexible.

3. How long does it take for the Admiral passes to arrive?
For the better part, it takes about 3 months. This is not a set number, and some have received theirs sooner.It's been deduced that the passes are handled by a 3rd party that mails them in batches. Please don’t call Citi for the passes, because you’ll mostly find a CSR who doesn't know better and will give you wrong information.

4. Can I apply for a business card if I don’t have a business?
Technically, you can. But you may be asked for a 4506-T form, or to provide proof of business or/and a copy of a bill with your business name on it. If you don't already have a credit history for the business name you plan to use (meaning this is your first rodeo) then it is recommended you use your name as the business name with no income and 0 as years in business.

5. How do I get the statement credit?
First, you have to make sure if the offer you signed up for gave you A $150 credit or UP TO A $150 statement credit. For the 1st, any AA coded purchase ($50 AA GC seems to be the simplest option here) will/should trigger it. For the 2nd, you’ll have to spend $150 to get the $150 credit.
For more information on what will work and what won’t, please see here (thanks sdsearch) and here (thanks dogbyte)

6. Does the $150 account credit (for AA purchases using the VISA or AMEX) count against the spending required to receive the initial mileage bonus?
No. It does not. (Put differently: any account credit you receive has no impact on your spending total for purposes of earning the "X thousand miles for $Y spent in the first Z months" bonus.)

7. Can I buy Visa gift cards to meet my minimum spend?
There’s a very good chance that it’ll be coded as a cash advance.
It’s recommended to call citi and have them set your Cash Advance limit to zero. (thanks KennyBSAT)

8. Do I get 10% back when redeeming miles for awards?
It depends. First, the rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply if you hold only the Citi Gold World MasterCard.

Also, the maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate; the restriction applies per AAdvantage account.

9. At what locations are my one day Club passes valid?
All valid locations are listed here.
Print Wikipost

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
Originally Posted by PainCorp
A) this is the wrong thread.

B) Read your T&C, I'm sure it's in there about how long you need to wait, but it doesn't sound like patience is one of your virtues.
A - just noticed that

B- thanks for the help, really appreciate the thought and value that went into the statement.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 2:54 pm

Data Point:

Feb 21, 2013 2:45pm

Personal AA Visa (via first page link)= instantly approved

2 minutes later
Gold AA mastercard = instantly approved
Old Feb 21, 2013, 3:28 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Wow. That was quick. Approved for the plat visa on Friday (2/15), and got my card in the mail today (2/21). Perfect timing, since I need to redeem an award ticket. I assume the 2 AC passes will come separately in the mail?

Also, data point: I succumbed to temptation of more miles and applied for the gold MC today (2/21). Approved after call to analyst (who moved some credit lines around).

Last edited by Kay_nyc; Feb 21, 2013 at 5:35 pm
Old Feb 21, 2013, 7:13 pm

Data Point:

Feb 21, 2013 9:00pm

Personal AA Visa 50k (via first page link)= instantly approved

1 minute later
Gold AA mastercard 30k = instantly approved

-------------

Also still have a Citi Platinum card that was applied for approximately 20 months ago (75k sign up bonus)

Woohoo!
Old Feb 21, 2013, 7:32 pm

Does anyone have experience with the Platinum 2-browser trick and sending a reconsideration letter? MMS has stated that Citi has made exceptions for those who have not called but written.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 7:51 pm

Oh no you di'nt!
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:01 pm

Programs: United MP, American AAdvantage, Chase UR, AMEX MR
Data Point:

Feb 22, 2013 10:45am PST

Submitted applications one after another.

Personal AA AMEX (IE) = instantly approved

1-2 SECOND later
Gold AA mastercard (Firefox) = instantly approved
Old Feb 22, 2013, 3:54 pm

From reading in this thread, it sounds like the Gold AA Mastercard people have been getting in the last few days has a minimum $750 spend to get 30,000 miles. What is the spend necessary for the personal AA Amex and the personal AA Visa? The first post on page 1 of the thread (listed under #1 and #2) shows either $2500 or $3000 in 4 months to get the 50K. Is that still the case? Thanks.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by TWA44
From reading in this thread, it sounds like the Gold AA Mastercard people have been getting in the last few days has a minimum $750 spend to get 30,000 miles. What is the spend necessary for the personal AA Amex and the personal AA Visa? The first post on page 1 of the thread (listed under #1 and #2) shows either $2500 or $3000 in 4 months to get the 50K. Is that still the case? Thanks.
Yes, what listed in #1 and #2 on page 1 is correct. If you are approved, you should always confirm the benefits and the spending requirement when you activate the card. Remember, the clock starts when you are approved not when you activate the card.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 4:23 pm

Programs: US Airways
just a followup on my previous post but I applied both cards.. got the personal... business told me it was flagged for followup. Approved couple days later. Got both cards in mail and confirmed both bonuses.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 4:44 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AAdvantage
Just tried the Visa link in #1 on the first post for my husband. The application keeps returning an error message that says "First name field cannot have a prefix." We're not trying to enter a prefix like "Dr." His first name is 3 letters and so is his last name. We tried switching the names around and that didn't work either. Also tried two browsers, Safari and IE, and same message both times.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Old Feb 22, 2013, 5:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sent
Just tried the Visa link in #1 on the first post for my husband. The application keeps returning an error message that says "First name field cannot have a prefix." We're not trying to enter a prefix like "Dr." His first name is 3 letters and so is his last name. We tried switching the names around and that didn't work either. Also tried two browsers, Safari and IE, and same message both times.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Take a screen shot of the page with the bonus you want, the error message and call Citi to see what they say.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 5:43 pm

Is his name Doc?
Old Feb 22, 2013, 5:45 pm

Thanks, LW7878. Much appreciated.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by jasoninaz
just a followup on my previous post but I applied both cards.. got the personal... business told me it was flagged for followup. Approved couple days later. Got both cards in mail and confirmed both bonuses.
I am interested in hearing your story about the biz card. Is this your first Citi AA biz card? If you already had one, when was it approved? Did you close the last biz card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.