Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 19, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SeeBuyFly
MOST CURRENT WORKING LINKS.

Citi AA platinum Personal Visa 50,000 miles after $2500 spend in 4 months (Note: no AC passes or statement credit). $85 Annual Fee. Waived first year.

End of an era Ladies and gents. The 50k offer is now dead.

Citi Business MasterCard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here
Citi Platinum Select Visa. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months.$95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Business Mastercard. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months.
Citi Personal Platinum Select. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Gold AA World Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months.
$50 annual fee,waived 1st year.

Citi Business Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year.

Citi Gold AA Visa Signature Card. 25,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months. $50 annual fee,waived 1st year. Landing page available here

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

CitiBank Phone Numbers. (Please add the others that you know)
  • (800) 695-5171 – Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
  • (800) 763-9795 – General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
  • (800) 645-7240 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (800) 288-4653 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (866) 606-2787 – General Application and Account Questions with live rep
  • (888) 201-4523 – Application status
  • (866) 606-2961 – Reconsideration Line.
  • Twitter : @AskCiti. Very powerful tool.

FAQ

1. Are these cards churnable?
Yes, they are. BUT you’ll have to wait anywhere from 12 to 26 months before applying again. Approvals have happened at the 13 month mark and denials at 24.
There is no set 18 month rule, but always err on the side of caution when churning.
Also- it’s from DATE OF APPROVAL and not from date of cancellation.

2.What are the most current rules in applying for these cards?
#ONLY ONE APPLICATION in a day (make that 30 hours to be safe)
#No more than 2 apps in 65 (approximately) days.
Example:
Day 1 40K personal platinum
Day 2 or later 25-30K personal gold
65+ days later 40K business

While the day limits are a little flexible by a few days either way and YMMV, the rules themselves are not flexible.

3. How long does it take for the Admiral passes to arrive?
For the better part, it takes about 3 months. This is not a set number, and some have received theirs sooner.It's been deduced that the passes are handled by a 3rd party that mails them in batches. Please don’t call Citi for the passes, because you’ll mostly find a CSR who doesn't know better and will give you wrong information.

4. Can I apply for a business card if I don’t have a business?
Technically, you can. But you may be asked for a 4506-T form, or to provide proof of business or/and a copy of a bill with your business name on it. If you don't already have a credit history for the business name you plan to use (meaning this is your first rodeo) then it is recommended you use your name as the business name with no income and 0 as years in business.

5. How do I get the statement credit?
First, you have to make sure if the offer you signed up for gave you A $150 credit or UP TO A $150 statement credit. For the 1st, any AA coded purchase ($50 AA GC seems to be the simplest option here) will/should trigger it. For the 2nd, you’ll have to spend $150 to get the $150 credit.
For more information on what will work and what won’t, please see here (thanks sdsearch) and here (thanks dogbyte)

6. Does the $150 account credit (for AA purchases using the VISA or AMEX) count against the spending required to receive the initial mileage bonus?
No. It does not. (Put differently: any account credit you receive has no impact on your spending total for purposes of earning the "X thousand miles for $Y spent in the first Z months" bonus.)

7. Can I buy Visa gift cards to meet my minimum spend?
There’s a very good chance that it’ll be coded as a cash advance.
It’s recommended to call citi and have them set your Cash Advance limit to zero. (thanks KennyBSAT)

8. Do I get 10% back when redeeming miles for awards?
It depends. First, the rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply if you hold only the Citi Gold World MasterCard.

Also, the maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate; the restriction applies per AAdvantage account.

9. At what locations are my one day Club passes valid?
All valid locations are listed here.
Print Wikipost

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:49 pm

One more question - I had selected the CITI MC AA and CITI Hilton Honors based on our goals and because I thought we were limited to two CITIs. Since he got turned down for the CITI Hilton Honors and it is his AOR day, should he apply for the CITI AA Amex, just to see? Any down side? Will that make recon even harder? Thanks.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 6:02 pm

Data point:

Applied for VISA and Amex in link #4 using 2 browser at the same time. The first one was instant approved but got an error for the second. Reapplied for Amex several minutes later and got approved. After 60 days applied for CitiBusiness, went to step 3 and received a denial message. Recons by writing a letter and sent to Credit Card Review Department, 5 day latter, received a phone call from SD, the rep said that my application was approved but only 1K.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 6:08 pm

Sigh........there is only a 30k offer on the supposed 50k link. I didn't need to come here to find that, this offer can be found anywhere.
Now that I found this link to be unreliable, I am hesitant to trust the other links provided, especially when there is no mention of the terms of the offer when you reach the application page.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 6:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TWA44
One more question - I had selected the CITI MC AA and CITI Hilton Honors based on our goals and because I thought we were limited to two CITIs. Since he got turned down for the CITI Hilton Honors and it is his AOR day, should he apply for the CITI AA Amex, just to see? Any down side? Will that make recon even harder? Thanks.
If he got denied for one of their cards, they aren't going to approve him for a different one.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by miles123
I applied on Feb 14 but only got approved for the visa, but not for the Amex,
My wife applied for the Visa 50k and then the Amex 50k on two different computers. Visa got instant approval, Amex pending further review. So, we decided to take a chance and apply for the 30k Gold MC in link #4820. Also got pending further review. Others who applied for the Visa 50k and Gold Mc 30k near simultaneously got bot instantly approved, so I think the lesson is to go that route for those who are on the fence

Last edited by Long Islander; Feb 27, 2013 at 6:55 pm
Old Feb 27, 2013, 6:39 pm

FYI, MMS reposted that someone got a 60K AA offer (no 150 credit and have to pay the annual fee), so not as good as the linked offers.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 7:00 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, UA Premier Gold; SPG Plat; Marriott Plat; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Long Islander
My wife applied for the Visa 50k and then the Amex 50k on two different computers. Visa got instant approval, Amex pending further review. So, we decided to take a chance and apply for the 30k Gold MC in link #4820. Also got pending further review. Others who applied for the Visa 50k and Gold Mc 30k near simultaneously got bot instantly approved, so I think the lesson is to go that route for those who are on the fence
Completely agree. Did the same thing... Amex was approved (13k), Visa was declined for same AA product and Gold Mastercard was declined for too many apps with Citi. Go figure...
Old Feb 27, 2013, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by joer1212
Sigh........there is only a 30k offer on the supposed 50k link. I didn't need to come here to find that, this offer can be found anywhere.
Now that I found this link to be unreliable, I am hesitant to trust the other links provided, especially when there is no mention of the terms of the offer when you reach the application page.
It's okay if you don't feel comfortable applying without a landing page. You can always go to Citi's site and apply for a sure thing. Maybe read back the last ten pages and see how the links have been working out for others.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by ddallas
It's okay if you don't feel comfortable applying without a landing page. You can always go to Citi's site and apply for a sure thing. Maybe read back the last ten pages and see how the links have been working out for others.
There is no Citi site with a 50k offer. That's why I came here searching for an insider link.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 7:21 pm

If I apply for a business credit card, do I have to prove that I have a business, or can?
I just make up any name and receive the card, no questions asked?

I would like to apply for a Citibank AAdvantage Visa business card, and the name of my "business" would appear on the front of the card.

FYI: if it matters, I live in Brooklyn, New York
Old Feb 27, 2013, 7:23 pm

There is no Citi site with a 50k offer. That's why I came here searching for an insider link.
The links that people here have been using for 5000 posts are in the first post. They don't have landing pages, so it takes a leap of faith, but there would not be over 5000 posts if it did not work. Just read back and see which links folks report being approved for the last couple days. That's pretty much what everyone else here has done.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 7:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Long Islander
Especially since we know the two browser trick is pretty much dead, and have known it for weeks, plus you are only allowed two Citi apps in 65 days.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If I apply for a business credit card, do I have to prove that I have a business, or can?

I would like to apply for a Citibank AAdvantage Visa business card, and the name of my "business" would appear on the front of the card.

It is a highly YMMV thing. Where do you live does not seem to have any bearing in applying a business card.

As for the underlined part...

Some lucky folks get their cards without hearing a blip from Citi.

Some unlucky folks get the requests from Citi to verify their businesses by utility bills and bank statements / business licenses that bear their business names.

How lucky do you feel?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 8:26 pm

Have the Visa already

Thinking of applying for #1 in the first post and also the MC 30,000 offer... If I already have the Visa Signature Platinum level, for about 2 years now...can I reapply for a 2nd one??? Instead should I go for the AMEX? I'm thinking of adding the 50,000 amex deal on credit cards deals dot com or whatever that site is called and don't want to mess that one up either

Also, should it be 2 different browsers , computers or does it matter?
Iknow...YMMV

Thoughts on which two AA's to go for?

Thanks
S
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:00 pm

I had to send Citi a proof of business on a utility bill whatever. I was finally approved on the 24th for 20k for the biz card. I was able to get the 50k miles offer on the personal AMEX and 2 AC passes like I previously posted. Still haven't received the passes though. Waiting to see if the 50k offer went through for the biz card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.