Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
  1. What are the most current working links?
  2. Is this card churnable?
  3. How frequently can I apply for these cards?
  4. Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
  5. I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?

[1] What are the most current working links?

There is a standard offer for 50K points after $1K spend in 4 months. (No landing page is available for this offer; lnik taken from wiki for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...amex-citi.html.)

There are no known 60K offers available. The most recent one expired in late September 2014.

[2] Is this card churnable?
In the past, this card has been easily churnable. However, in December 2014 Citi began inserting language into some applications and landing pages disqualifying current Hilton Visa cardholders & requiring an 18-month wait from the date of the previous card's cancellation. The application link listed above does not include this restriction, and FTers have confirmed that they have been approved through this application despite being current or recent holders of another Citi Hilton card.

[3] How frequently can I apply for these cards?
You can only apply for ONE Citi card in a week or TWO in two months (60 days). To be safe, it is frequently suggested to wait 8+ days between ANY two Citi applications and 65+ days until your third Citi application of ANY kind. These are rolling dates, so you have to wait at least 60 days (65+) from your second application to your 4th applications, and so forth.

If math is not your strong suit, you can use: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html.

Example:
Day 0 - Citi HHonors Card #1
Day 8 - Citi AA Personal Card
Day 65 - Citi AA Business Card
Day 73 - Citi HHonors Card #2
Day 130 - Citi TY Card

[4] Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
Not if you use the application link above. As stated above, in December 2014 Citi began introducing new application pages requiring an 18-month wait since cancellation of the prior card.

Note that when you close an account, Citi may not "free up" the credit limit from that card for as long as 6 months. So if you're going to apply within 6 months, it's better to not cancel beforehand.

[5] I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?
There appears to be a problem with Citi crediting you with both bonuses but Hilton not crediting the second bonus because their system sees it as a duplicate.

You need to open up a case, preferably with Hilton, and explain that you have two separate cards (feel free to explain one is for business and one for personal if they ask why you have multiple cards and you feel like explaining). You also need to diligently check back with them and make sure that they do not close the case as you already got the bonus.

This is very much a YMMV situation. Depending on who you talk to and where, this can be a relatively short process or a particularly unpleasant and long one. Best advice: Be nice to the CSRs and get them on your side or HUACA until you find someone useful.

For some people it may be worth getting the 50K card instead, possibly trying to "bump the bonus" to 60K and getting it as a 10K adjustment instead.
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2012, 9:26 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by matsonjb
I'll coordinate to have everything charged to my room (I'll put it on my reserve card) if available and that will be 27.5 x $4500...need to talk to the coordinator...haha.
Yeah, make sure they will allow that. There's a cost to the hotel for the points so, unless you work it out with them, their tendency would be to process it off the folio so they don't have to buy the points. (Or raise the cash price a little to compensate)
Old Nov 23, 2012, 4:13 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
The link in the OP still gives 50K. Just got my card and confirmed it today. Score!
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:26 am

After reading this, can i safely assume it is ok to apply using the two browser trick for two of these, as well as the amex hilton without any issues (on a separate application)? Obviously, need to get approved, but just wondering if anybody has actually done this previously. Thank you.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
After reading this, can i safely assume it is ok to apply using the two browser trick for two of these, as well as the amex hilton without any issues (on a separate application)? Obviously, need to get approved, but just wondering if anybody has actually done this previously. Thank you.
Safe to assume you can apply for 2 Citi HH Visa cards with 2 different browsers. I did earlier this week and was approved with a call to CSR
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
Yes, a couple posts I've read here (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...30-2012-a.html) say you can do all 3 at the same time. Citi and Amex are obviously separate banks.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Ops5
Yes, a couple posts I've read here (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...30-2012-a.html) say you can do all 3 at the same time. Citi and Amex are obviously separate banks.
Cool...applied for both citi's, got the call to verify information. Called, verified name and address was put on hold for about 4 mins total, approved...asked about the other application with the same rep (*shrug*....figured what the heck, beats calling back), gave that id number, verified info again, got approved again. We'll see when the cards come in the mail if the bonuses are attached....on to the other 3 cards to apply for today.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 2:26 am

Programs: MileagePlus
Still torn right now...gosh the twin cards or the Amex and roll up to Surpass? idk...
Old Nov 26, 2012, 6:03 am

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Still torn right now...gosh the twin cards or the Amex and roll up to Surpass? idk...
Both
Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: SPG, HHonors
Yeah, both. I just was approved for all three this morning. Going to knock out the AMEX free card and hopefully get the upgrade offer to Surpass.

Interesting experience. Both Citi apps went through and I had to call in. Both phone calls took about 13 minutes. The first, however, gave me a new credit line and overnighted the card to me. The second only offered to give me a small credit line ($5k) and move over credit from my other existing Citicards to make the credit line bigger. That, and I'll receive the card in 7-10 business days.

Can anyone explain the different outcomes of the calls (new credit line versus moving an old and overnight delivery versus 7-10 days)?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by elBulli
Can anyone explain the different outcomes of the calls (new credit line versus moving an old and overnight delivery versus 7-10 days)?
Nothing unusual. DH's twin cards both reached Step 5. The next day Citi called to suggest reallocation of line on one. We asked the rep to check the status of the other one which was already approved by the system. (higher CL than the one received a call.) Both cards were delivered via regular mail, arrived 5 days later.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:04 am

Alright so,

1) Apply for HHonors no fee Amex -
2) Apply for HHonors Citi Reserve and HHonors 40K at the same time -
3) Get the Gold/Two weekends from the reserve and the daily HH from use of the Amex (6 points for gas/supermarket/drugstores/), and the other citi into the dresser after the spend requirement?

Is the two browser still required for the two Citis? Thanks for the responses...
Old Nov 28, 2012, 5:11 am

Is the two browser still required for the two Citis? Thanks for the responses...
It is not required, it is just a good idea. One of the reasons is to ensure that the second application does not get merged somehow into the first. A second reason being that you don't accidentally apply for the wrong card because of a cached link.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 5:45 am

Programs: SPG, HHonors
Alright so,

2) Apply for HHonors Citi Reserve and HHonors 40K at the same time -

You won't be able to get Citi cards of two different types at the same time. You'll only get one. You need to either choose two Citi Reserves or two Citi 50ks.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 8:26 am

^^^ oh...so would say just get the Amex Fee Free and one Reserve (I don't see the reason to get two) and then HHonors in 3 months?
Old Nov 28, 2012, 8:48 am

The difficulty in applying for Citi cards involves hard pulls. Citi allows Two personal cards every 90 days(iirc).

The theory with the hard pulls is that two of the same cards can be applied for at the same time and will result in two hard pulls. One of the pulls will be removed due to it possibly being considered a duplicate. This is not always the case. I have applied for two Citi TY preferred s and it resulted in two permanent hards. However, I have applied for two Citi AA cards and only received one hard pull. I recently applied for two Citi HHonors Visa cards in hopes of one hard pull(i have not seen my report yet).

If you were to apply one Citi Hilton Reserve and one HHonors, it is very likely that you will wind up with two hard pulls without the possibility of one being removed. This is due to the fact that you are applying for two entirely different cards, so there is no mistaking the two entirely unique applications. If you dont mind two hards, knock your self out.

On another note, I caution those who are intending to apply for the Amex Hhonors no fee in hopes of obtaining the 50-65k, and then upgrading to the surpass in an attempt to obtain Gold status and the additional sign on bonus. This may not be possible. But, as always, ymmv. You may not be eligible for the uprage for a full year due to the card act, and if you are upgraded, you may not be eligible for a sign in bonus due to recently obtaining the Hhonors no fee bonus.

I have had my Amex No Fee HHonors for over 4 months and I am still nit eligible for the upgrade.

Tread lightly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.