Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
  1. What are the most current working links?
  2. Is this card churnable?
  3. How frequently can I apply for these cards?
  4. Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
  5. I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?

[1] What are the most current working links?

There is a standard offer for 50K points after $1K spend in 4 months. (No landing page is available for this offer; lnik taken from wiki for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...amex-citi.html.)

There are no known 60K offers available. The most recent one expired in late September 2014.

[2] Is this card churnable?
In the past, this card has been easily churnable. However, in December 2014 Citi began inserting language into some applications and landing pages disqualifying current Hilton Visa cardholders & requiring an 18-month wait from the date of the previous card's cancellation. The application link listed above does not include this restriction, and FTers have confirmed that they have been approved through this application despite being current or recent holders of another Citi Hilton card.

[3] How frequently can I apply for these cards?
You can only apply for ONE Citi card in a week or TWO in two months (60 days). To be safe, it is frequently suggested to wait 8+ days between ANY two Citi applications and 65+ days until your third Citi application of ANY kind. These are rolling dates, so you have to wait at least 60 days (65+) from your second application to your 4th applications, and so forth.

If math is not your strong suit, you can use: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html.

Example:
Day 0 - Citi HHonors Card #1
Day 8 - Citi AA Personal Card
Day 65 - Citi AA Business Card
Day 73 - Citi HHonors Card #2
Day 130 - Citi TY Card

[4] Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
Not if you use the application link above. As stated above, in December 2014 Citi began introducing new application pages requiring an 18-month wait since cancellation of the prior card.

Note that when you close an account, Citi may not "free up" the credit limit from that card for as long as 6 months. So if you're going to apply within 6 months, it's better to not cancel beforehand.

[5] I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?
There appears to be a problem with Citi crediting you with both bonuses but Hilton not crediting the second bonus because their system sees it as a duplicate.

You need to open up a case, preferably with Hilton, and explain that you have two separate cards (feel free to explain one is for business and one for personal if they ask why you have multiple cards and you feel like explaining). You also need to diligently check back with them and make sure that they do not close the case as you already got the bonus.

This is very much a YMMV situation. Depending on who you talk to and where, this can be a relatively short process or a particularly unpleasant and long one. Best advice: Be nice to the CSRs and get them on your side or HUACA until you find someone useful.

For some people it may be worth getting the 50K card instead, possibly trying to "bump the bonus" to 60K and getting it as a 10K adjustment instead.
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:57 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Ops5
Not always...when going through the process of being approved for both cards last month the CSR (without any prompting from me) stated "I can approve you for the 2nd card if you're willing to move some credit from one of your existing AA cards".
I'm starting to subscribe to the opinion that even the weirdest stuff we do here doesn't really compare to the thoroughly strange things other, somewhat shiftier folks do with credit cards.

These reconsideration reps must have heard everything by this point.

Sure, it makes sense to be as smart as possible in how we word our requests... but there's some comfort in knowing "the other guy" is more bizarre.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by iqbalt80
If you are Hilton Gold/Diamond, you can just ask for it.
I just came back from 6 nights at Hilton Waikoloa Village at Kona.
Booked a Partial Ocean room for 213K and asked for an upgrade at the front desk.
Was upgraded to the Deluxe Ocean View without any extra points or $$.
Interesting. I have Gold Status, but I heard it gets you nothign at the Waikiki HAwaiian Village.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by TheAJ
Interesting. I have Gold Status, but I heard it gets you nothign at the Waikiki HAwaiian Village.
No idea about the Waikiki.. Waikoloa was great
Old Nov 16, 2012, 5:55 pm

Programs: HH Gold, MR Silver, SPG
I applied for 2 of these and they said I was instantly approved, but I got no email notifications that I even applied. Is this normal. Wondering if they went through or not.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 6:11 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Damidgede
I applied for 2 of these and they said I was instantly approved, but I got no email notifications that I even applied. Is this normal. Wondering if they went through or not.
None of my four applications for these cards (nor my apps for AA cards) provided any email confirmation of receipt. If you received instant approval, the cards will come in the mail.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 6:46 pm

How do you get upgraded to a good room though. 145K points for 4 nights at the Hilton in Hawaii is pretty awesome, but you get the lousiest room available. Is there a way to upgrade to ocean view type rooms for extra $$$?
Some properties will upgrade you based on your elite status (which is easy to come by with CCs), and some properties will let you upgrade for $ (including the Conrad Maldives).
Old Nov 16, 2012, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
None of my four applications for these cards (nor my apps for AA cards) provided any email confirmation of receipt. If you received instant approval, the cards will come in the mail.
I applied last week and got emailed confirmations this past monday followed by snail mailed confirmations on Wed.
Both said to expect physical card in 4-7 business days.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
How do you get upgraded to a good room though. 145K points for 4 nights at the Hilton in Hawaii is pretty awesome, but you get the lousiest room available. Is there a way to upgrade to ocean view type rooms for extra $$$?
We just spent a week in Hawaii and I had been been building up HH points for that stay. When I got ready to book a year ago I weighed the possibility of getting a good room at the Hawaiian Village as a Gold considering the most recognition we've had so far was a pack of Oreos. I eventually decided since it was my wife's first time (and probably the last time) there, I wasn't going to take the chance - and we booked the military Hale Koa hotel right next door - where I could guarantee an end oceanview room. I'll use the points for more exotic places - like visiting my father-in-law in Mt Home, Arkansas :-)
Old Nov 17, 2012, 9:20 am

Programs: HH Gold, MR Silver, SPG
Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Thanks.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Ops5
Not always...when going through the process of being approved for both cards last month the CSR (without any prompting from me) stated "I can approve you for the 2nd card if you're willing to move some credit from one of your existing AA cards".
I had a similar scenario, except the csr referred to is by its AA name AND offered to close it for me to move credit around. I thoroughly believe they can see all of the information for every card I have, but most often only refer to the cards by their last 4 numbers for ease and specificity.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 1:24 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Looks like I got the gold card . Anyone know the signup bonus I would get for this one? 2x cards w 5k on each.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by brooklynmatt
Looks like I got the gold card . Anyone know the signup bonus I would get for this one? 2x cards w 5k on each.
Same bonus. It is the other perks that you don't necessarily get.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by IkeEsq
Same bonus. It is the other perks that you don't necessarily get.
Yep called them and confirmed. Totally happy with that as I was looking for 40k for a cheeky axon7
Old Nov 17, 2012, 8:09 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by brooklynmatt
yep mrs ma got the same and got full sign up the same. nice one citi
Old Nov 18, 2012, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
yep mrs ma got the same and got full sign up the same. nice one citi
Hey you know that could've been 4 cards right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.