Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
  1. What are the most current working links?
  2. Is this card churnable?
  3. How frequently can I apply for these cards?
  4. Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
  5. I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?

[1] What are the most current working links?

There is a standard offer for 50K points after $1K spend in 4 months. (No landing page is available for this offer; lnik taken from wiki for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...amex-citi.html.)

There are no known 60K offers available. The most recent one expired in late September 2014.

[2] Is this card churnable?
In the past, this card has been easily churnable. However, in December 2014 Citi began inserting language into some applications and landing pages disqualifying current Hilton Visa cardholders & requiring an 18-month wait from the date of the previous card's cancellation. The application link listed above does not include this restriction, and FTers have confirmed that they have been approved through this application despite being current or recent holders of another Citi Hilton card.

[3] How frequently can I apply for these cards?
You can only apply for ONE Citi card in a week or TWO in two months (60 days). To be safe, it is frequently suggested to wait 8+ days between ANY two Citi applications and 65+ days until your third Citi application of ANY kind. These are rolling dates, so you have to wait at least 60 days (65+) from your second application to your 4th applications, and so forth.

If math is not your strong suit, you can use: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html.

Example:
Day 0 - Citi HHonors Card #1
Day 8 - Citi AA Personal Card
Day 65 - Citi AA Business Card
Day 73 - Citi HHonors Card #2
Day 130 - Citi TY Card

[4] Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
Not if you use the application link above. As stated above, in December 2014 Citi began introducing new application pages requiring an 18-month wait since cancellation of the prior card.

Note that when you close an account, Citi may not "free up" the credit limit from that card for as long as 6 months. So if you're going to apply within 6 months, it's better to not cancel beforehand.

[5] I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?
There appears to be a problem with Citi crediting you with both bonuses but Hilton not crediting the second bonus because their system sees it as a duplicate.

You need to open up a case, preferably with Hilton, and explain that you have two separate cards (feel free to explain one is for business and one for personal if they ask why you have multiple cards and you feel like explaining). You also need to diligently check back with them and make sure that they do not close the case as you already got the bonus.

This is very much a YMMV situation. Depending on who you talk to and where, this can be a relatively short process or a particularly unpleasant and long one. Best advice: Be nice to the CSRs and get them on your side or HUACA until you find someone useful.

For some people it may be worth getting the 50K card instead, possibly trying to "bump the bonus" to 60K and getting it as a 10K adjustment instead.
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2012, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fr33b13
I'm dreading the day when I call up and I ask them to move credit from an old Citi Hilton to a new Citi Hilton that I'm opening up. That'll be a fun conversation.
That's assuming they notice the old one is a Hilton. Just say you want to move from the Visa endinging in 4321 (without mentioning yourself that it's a Hilton card), and chances are they won't even notice that it's another Hilton Visa.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 5:00 pm

2nd Link in Post 468 Still Working

Have one Citi HH Visa open from a March 2012 application. Applied twice using link #2 both times in Post 468 and got to step 5 on both applications. Placed 2 separate calls immediately after and was approved for both cards. Confirmed with both representatives bonus of 50K after $1500 spend in 6 months.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 5:05 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Originally Posted by zink88
Have one Citi HH Visa open from a March 2012 application. Applied twice using link #2 both times in Post 468 and got to step 5 on both applications. Placed 2 separate calls immediately after and was approved for both cards. Confirmed with both representatives bonus of 50K after $1500 spend in 6 months.
congrats nice one
Old Nov 14, 2012, 7:35 am

So everyone applying for two, are you applying for two Visa siggys? Citi AAdvantage double tap is one Visa and one Amex. Is the Hilton different?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by schwaa
So everyone applying for two, are you applying for two Visa siggys? Citi AAdvantage double tap is one Visa and one Amex. Is the Hilton different?
Yes and yes.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by drminn
Yes and yes.

thank you
Old Nov 14, 2012, 8:55 am

I did the 2 browser for the 50,000. I had to call in and verify for both applications. The csr saw both applications and wanted to know if I had applied for both. I confirmed I applied for both, needing one for personal and the other for business. She then approved both. I will have to wait and see if I get both bonuses.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by zink88
Nice! For some reason, my second card messed up as timeout. So I resubmitted, but won't go further than Step 3 and was not given an application ID. Should I just wait or call Citi? Any hints? Thanks!
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by crystalapple
Nice! For some reason, my second card messed up as timeout. So I resubmitted, but won't go further than Step 3 and was not given an application ID. Should I just wait or call Citi? Any hints? Thanks!
If your 3rd submission only got to Step 3, it would suggest your 2nd app has gone thru. Since Citi only allows 2 apps of any kind within 65 days period, the 3rd one is automatically rejected, not even reaches the stage when a report is pulled.

Chances are you would get both if the 1st one has reached Step 5. You can wait or you can call the app status number (but be prepared they would see all 3 apps in the system and you know how to handle the convo.)
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:37 am

Well my first statement posted for this card and I had bonus points category for groceries and drugstore. I did not think this card had any bonus categories. Anyways my statement was only $113 yet I got 252 points. Note no of the purchases where at Hiltons.

Hilton HHonors Bonus Points - Per dollar spent 226
Hilton HHonors Bonus Points - Category Bonus points 26
Hilton HHonors Bonus Points - Total earned for this period 252
Old Nov 14, 2012, 1:29 pm

This thing arrived in 15 hours... dayummm take notes Citi/BoA/Chase
Old Nov 14, 2012, 2:30 pm

Arrived?
You mean the card??

I applied last week and got the approval snail mail yesterday. It said 4-7 more business days for the cards themselves.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by caGALINDO
This thing arrived in 15 hours... dayummm take notes Citi/BoA/Chase
This is a Citi card, did you mean to post in the Hilton AMEX thread?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
That's assuming they notice the old one is a Hilton. Just say you want to move from the Visa endinging in 4321 (without mentioning yourself that it's a Hilton card), and chances are they won't even notice that it's another Hilton Visa.
Ah, thanks for the tip. It'd be funny if the CSR realizes it though. Sir.... you are moving credit from a Hilton card to another one....
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:16 pm

Woops yes not the citi but AmEx HHonors arrived

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.