Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
  1. What are the most current working links?
  2. Is this card churnable?
  3. How frequently can I apply for these cards?
  4. Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
  5. I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?

[1] What are the most current working links?

There is a standard offer for 50K points after $1K spend in 4 months. (No landing page is available for this offer; lnik taken from wiki for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...amex-citi.html.)

There are no known 60K offers available. The most recent one expired in late September 2014.

[2] Is this card churnable?
In the past, this card has been easily churnable. However, in December 2014 Citi began inserting language into some applications and landing pages disqualifying current Hilton Visa cardholders & requiring an 18-month wait from the date of the previous card's cancellation. The application link listed above does not include this restriction, and FTers have confirmed that they have been approved through this application despite being current or recent holders of another Citi Hilton card.

[3] How frequently can I apply for these cards?
You can only apply for ONE Citi card in a week or TWO in two months (60 days). To be safe, it is frequently suggested to wait 8+ days between ANY two Citi applications and 65+ days until your third Citi application of ANY kind. These are rolling dates, so you have to wait at least 60 days (65+) from your second application to your 4th applications, and so forth.

If math is not your strong suit, you can use: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html.

Example:
Day 0 - Citi HHonors Card #1
Day 8 - Citi AA Personal Card
Day 65 - Citi AA Business Card
Day 73 - Citi HHonors Card #2
Day 130 - Citi TY Card

[4] Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
Not if you use the application link above. As stated above, in December 2014 Citi began introducing new application pages requiring an 18-month wait since cancellation of the prior card.

Note that when you close an account, Citi may not "free up" the credit limit from that card for as long as 6 months. So if you're going to apply within 6 months, it's better to not cancel beforehand.

[5] I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?
There appears to be a problem with Citi crediting you with both bonuses but Hilton not crediting the second bonus because their system sees it as a duplicate.

You need to open up a case, preferably with Hilton, and explain that you have two separate cards (feel free to explain one is for business and one for personal if they ask why you have multiple cards and you feel like explaining). You also need to diligently check back with them and make sure that they do not close the case as you already got the bonus.

This is very much a YMMV situation. Depending on who you talk to and where, this can be a relatively short process or a particularly unpleasant and long one. Best advice: Be nice to the CSRs and get them on your side or HUACA until you find someone useful.

For some people it may be worth getting the 50K card instead, possibly trying to "bump the bonus" to 60K and getting it as a 10K adjustment instead.
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2012, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by haodebi
Applied back in early November, met spend 12/06. Bonus not posted yet.

What are folks' experience on the time taken for bonus posting for this one?

I know for hilton AMEX, the bonus is posted within 2 days.
With Citi, you must wait until statement closes.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
With Citi, you must wait until statement closes.
+1
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by dr88
Applied using links #2 and #3 in post 468 tonight. I was on 2 different browsers, both on private browsing.

Instant approval for both. I was expecting to have to call in!
What is private browsing? How do you do it? Is it better than clearing cookies?
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by felicity5
google is your friend. Depends on which browser you're using.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by felicity5
It's a mode you can put your browser in to disable cookies, saved passwords, and history. Incognito Mode on Chrome, Private Browsing on Firefox. I'm sure Internet Explorer has something like it, but I hate IE.

Doing the "2 browser" trick when applying for 2 citi cards lessens your chances of them seeing duplicate applications and throwing one out.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA Gold
Successful 2-browser app for same card

Just to confirm this is still working. Instant approval on two simultaneous apps (two browsers) using links 2 and 3 from post 468. $20K CL for both.

I already have Citi AA Amex and Citi AA Visa, both with 20K CL as well, opened 6 months ago in June.

On a separate note, has anyone tried reapplying for these while also having the Citi Hilton Reserve Visa (the annual fee, guaranteed Gold Honors status card)? I doubt it makes any difference, but I don't see much reference to it in the posts in this thread.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 7:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
And even based on experience, you still may be surprised. I have a Citi AA (one of my oldest cards) and Citi TY Premier (from the PPE days and $0 AF which is why I've kept it) both with high CLs. Earlier this year, I opened a TY with the 50K points. I had to move credit from one of my other accounts for them to approve the new card. With the annual fee on the TY coming up, I decided to go for the 2x HH Visa 50K promo - figuring I would need to move CL from one of my other accounts. When I called, the agent approved the first application after I moved credit from my newer TY card, but could not process the second one. She said someone else would have to do so. I called the next day and was told the second application had already been approved and with a nice CL! No credit movement was required. Got both cards. I had a small CL left on the newer TY card, but they didn't offer anything, so I cancelled it.
I have been with Citi for about 8 years and they seem to be very hesitant to give me credit. In the past few years all my other cards have increased my limit while Citi has not.. I'm in the process of churning some cards and applied for 3 days with one of them being from Citi. I was given a $13.5k limit, $8k limit and $3k from Citi.. I have pretty good credit but Citi doesnt seem to think so.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OnlyOne
Is this the best Hilton card out there right now? I thought I had seen an ad banner for a slightly higher bonus somewhere.
This is the best Hilton card for getting the most points through getting multiple cards.

You may sometimes see a slightly higher offer on one of the Amex Hilton cards. But you can at best only get one of those every year or two.

You can get two of this 50k card at a time (and thus 100k bonus total), as long as you can do two of the minimum spend (ie, $3000 across two cards). But you have many months to do that.

Plus when you're done, in a few months or half a year or whatever, you can do it all again with this card.

So this card can get you 100k 150k, 200k, maybe even more a year, while the other card may get you slightly more than 50k once.

(Just to clarify: This card from Citi and the Amex HHonors card are from different banks, and thus you can apply for both. But again, you can apply for two of this card but only one the Amex HHonors card.)
Old Dec 17, 2012, 8:53 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Applied for 2 today using the 2 browser trick. No immediate acceptance, so I called recon. They approved one app, but said nothing about the second at all. What should I do? Should I call back and ask them to recon the 2nd one too? Or wait it out? The wait is killing me! Thanks for your help, guys!
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA Plt, BA, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by Preacher7
Applied for 2 today using the 2 browser trick. No immediate acceptance, so I called recon. They approved one app, but said nothing about the second at all. What should I do? Should I call back and ask them to recon the 2nd one too? Or wait it out? The wait is killing me! Thanks for your help, guys!
Call back
Old Dec 19, 2012, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by Preacher7
What number did you call? Wife's app went the same way. Approved for 18k for first but no immediate acceptance on second. She also applied for AAdvantage Business though and that one went the same way unfortunately.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by ferrari_fan
What number did you call? Wife's app went the same way. Approved for 18k for first but no immediate acceptance on second. She also applied for AAdvantage Business though and that one went the same way unfortunately.
You cannot do a personal and business app on the same day with Citi. You need to wait 65+ days after the personal app to do the business app and I think 95+ days after the business app to do a personal app.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 9:46 pm
Suspended

the spend req for this is $1500 in 4 months right?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
You cannot do a personal and business app on the same day with Citi. You need to wait 65+ days after the personal app to do the business app and I think 95+ days after the business app to do a personal app.
Missed that one out. Was under impression that mixing business with pleasure(personal!) is doable if they are different product family (AA vs Hilton). I think system auto declined. I just found the following phone numbers, will at least try for the Citi Hilton 2nd card.

866-606-2787 – application status
800-695-5171/800-763-9795 – credit department
888-201-4523 – application status
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by ferrari_fan
Missed that one out. Was under impression that mixing business with pleasure(personal!) is doable if they are different product family (AA vs Hilton). I think system auto declined. I just found the following phone numbers, will at least try for the Citi Hilton 2nd card.

866-606-2787 – application status
800-695-5171/800-763-9795 – credit department
888-201-4523 – application status
Actually we just pulled her Experian report, and looking at it I think I recollected reading somewhere that it is allowed, you just don't escape the double pull which is part of the 2-browser trick. That is exactly what happened with her report too. Offices closed so we will try tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.