Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

62-year-old woman sneaks onto aircraft without ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

62-year-old woman sneaks onto aircraft without ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2018, 5:32 am

Good for her! I love it!
Old Jan 20, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
DHS should hire her for Red Team testing. She clearly knows how to defeat all layers of TSA security.
I'd really like to know how she does it, because I have a hard enough time getting through when I'm supposed to be on the flight and have the correct documents.
Randyk47 and KDS777 like this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 2:14 pm

DHS should hire her for Red Team testing. She clearly knows how to defeat all layers of TSA security.
Seriously.

It likely helps that she's older and probably doesn't look like she'd cause trouble.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Randomness
Seriously.

It likely helps that she's older and probably doesn't look like she'd cause trouble.
Yes, she always got too much trouble. She was not supposed to be there. She was banned ORD, MDW, Greyhound bus, and Amtrak, as well. She won't change her behaviors. She was supposed to stay at mental health for 2 years on her probation.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seriously.

Seriously!

So being older and not looking like you might cause trouble is justification for defeating TSA's security plan funded by an $8,000,000,000.00 annual budget.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:11 pm

Seriously!

So being older and not looking like you might cause trouble is justification for defeating TSA's security plan funded by an $8,000,000,000.00 annual budget.
Evidently.

Although to be fair I wouldn't necessarily single out the TSA here, nor would I claim that being older is the only way. In a couple of cases kids managed to get onto aircraft without documentation. Back in November one of them boarded a flight at GVA (https://www.flyertalk.com/articles/s...rd-flight.html) but was caught before takeoff:

"According to airport officials, she first attempted to follow a crew onboard a flight, but this plan was stymied when she was challenged by an alert gate agent. Unfortunately, the pint-sized, would-be stowaway had a contingency plan already in place. The mischievous escape artist simply pretended to look for her parents before expertly melting into a nearby crowd."

The other kid, an 11 year old, managed to board a Jet2 flight MAN-FCO but was caught in flight ( http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-18979032
):

"An 11-year-old boy boarded a plane from Manchester to Rome on his own without a passport, tickets or boarding pass.

"He mingled with families to get through checks in Terminal 1 on Tuesday. He was found mid-air on the Jet2 plane after passengers became suspicious."

Last edited by Randomness; Jan 20, 2018 at 9:16 pm Reason: link incorrectly auto-parsed; forced correct link by adding spaces
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Unfortunately not, she won't get a job. Sorry! She still has a criminal record. She will never have a job for a very long time. She's still homeless.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Evidently.

Although to be fair I wouldn't necessarily single out the TSA here, nor would I claim that being older is the only way. In a couple of cases kids managed to get onto aircraft without documentation. Back in November one of them boarded a flight at GVA (https://www.flyertalk.com/articles/s...rd-flight.html) but was caught before takeoff:

"According to airport officials, she first attempted to follow a crew onboard a flight, but this plan was stymied when she was challenged by an alert gate agent. Unfortunately, the pint-sized, would-be stowaway had a contingency plan already in place. The mischievous escape artist simply pretended to look for her parents before expertly melting into a nearby crowd."

The other kid, an 11 year old, managed to board a Jet2 flight MAN-FCO but was caught in flight ( Boy, 11, boards plane to Italy at Manchester Airport without passport - BBC News
):

"An 11-year-old boy boarded a plane from Manchester to Rome on his own without a passport, tickets or boarding pass.

"He mingled with families to get through checks in Terminal 1 on Tuesday. He was found mid-air on the Jet2 plane after passengers became suspicious."
Neither of the two cases you referenced are TSA airports. How can TSA not be at fault? This lady accessed the secure area of the airport without authorization. She has been able to do the same at other airports. She proves that TSA security is a sham.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:03 pm

Neither of the two cases you referenced are TSA airports. How can TSA not be at fault? This lady accessed the secure area of the airport without authorization. She has been able to do the same at other airports. She proves that TSA security is a sham.
Where did I claim that the TSA wasn't at fault? My point is that TSA isn't alone at being bad at this, not that the TSA was at fault in MAN or GVA, or that it wasn't at fault here.

I don't think these incidents reflect well on any of the security organizations involved.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Where did I claim that the TSA wasn't at fault? My point is that TSA isn't alone at being bad at this, not that the TSA was at fault in MAN or GVA, or that it wasn't at fault here.

I don't think these incidents reflect well on any of the security organizations involved.
Sounded to me that you were defending TSA. Sorry if I took your comment wrong. This lady has bested TSA numerous times at multiple airports. I think that says a lot about TSA .
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:56 pm

Sounded to me that you were defending TSA. Sorry if I took your comment wrong. This lady has bested TSA numerous times at multiple airports. I think that says a lot about TSA .
No problem. If you got the impression I was defending the TSA I obviously wasn't writing clearly enough.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No problem. If you got the impression I was defending the TSA I obviously wasn't writing clearly enough.
Not necessarily, I may have been the only one to interpret your comment in that manner.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Exactly. She has done it 10 times now! TSA should hire her just as FBI hired Frank Abingale Jr for doing the same thing (see Catch Me If You Can). Instead she'll get jailed again, because we have to show we are tough on airport security. People at my company lose their jobs for not following security protocols, but apparently that doesn't apply to TSA civil servants, who are more concerned with feeling up passengers.
84fiero likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:30 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Exactly. She has done it 10 times now! TSA should hire her just as FBI hired Frank Abingale Jr for doing the same thing (see Catch Me If You Can). Instead she'll get jailed again, because we have to show we are tough on airport security. People at my company lose their jobs for not following security protocols, but apparently that doesn't apply to TSA civil servants, who are more concerned with feeling up passengers.
The TSA should just acknowledge the fact that as long as a person and their belongings are effectively screened to prevent the entry of restricted weapons/explosives/incendiaries into the "sterile" part of the airport/airplane, there is no fundamental security problem as the TSA's ID and boarding pass checks are just a governmental scam done in the name of "security".

The airline is on the hook for internationally transporting an improperly documented passenger, but that really shouldn't be the TSA's issue. It should be the airline's issue.

Assuming this woman has some kind of mental problem, it seems to me that the criminal prosecution of this woman is just a waste of government resources and that incarceration in a federal prison is just a waste of money in a country with so much violent crime as we have in the US. Hopefully a jury and judge realize this woman needs some kind of help for her pathological problem when it comes to air travel rather than being given an expensive stay in an expensive, brutal boarding school for criminals, aka prison.
STBCypriot and :D! like this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by kochleffel
I'd really like to know how she does it, because I have a hard enough time getting through when I'm supposed to be on the flight and have the correct documents.
From the media reports I've said ... the difference between you and her is that you're trying to get on a specific flight. She chose a moment to pass through the TSA checkpoint when the TDC was distracted; she then made different attempts to board different aircraft (including staying overnight in the airport) until she managed to get past a distracted gate agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.