Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

62-year-old woman sneaks onto aircraft without ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

62-year-old woman sneaks onto aircraft without ticket

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The FBI has said that at this time it will not pursue charges against the woman:

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2019/10/1...ane-no-ticket/

The FBI must have had at least one reason for not wanting to pursue charges against the woman at this time.
My first guess would be that they probably don't want to be publicly castigated for sending Ada Quonset to jail, or for 'persecuting' a mentally ill person. That and the fact that she obviously poses no threat to aviation security and doesn't really fit the rather narrow profile the FBI looks for in a terrorist.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm confused, are we discussing Marilyn Hartman or someone else?
GUWonder likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 3:07 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
I'm confused, are we discussing Marilyn Hartman or someone else?
Ada Quonsett is a fictional elderly widow who was a habitual stowaway on various airlines; she was portrayed by Helen Hayes in the 1970 movie Airport.
N830MH likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TWA884
Ada Quonsett is a fictional elderly widow who was a habitual stowaway on various airlines; she was portrayed by Helen Hayes in the 1970 movie Airport.
Thanks. Forgot that character or too many brain cells killed since then.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I don’t understand why she wants to go to airports. She is not going anywhere in a long time. They told her not to go to airports anymore. She doesn’t listen to the judges, lawyer, and psychiatrist, as well. Everybody much had with her! This time she is going to jail. She should be punished.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: TSA
The FBI has said that at this time it will not pursue charges against the woman:

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2019/10/1...ane-no-ticket/

The FBI must have had at least one reason for not wanting to pursue charges against the woman at this time.
This linked story is about the woman in Orlando - Rictor is her last name. I was talking about serial stowaway Marilyn Hartman - last info on her was she was being held without bail (although one story said she made bail Sunday night). She has been charged, but no other info has come out on it as of this moment.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by N830MH
Yes, I’m actually agree with you. She need a treatment. She needs to see psychiatrist. She won’t change her behavior. She must taken her medication. This is all!

she supposed to stays at mental health facility, but she cannot leaves.
Treatment was tried and either failed or the psych determined that she is not mentally ill. So she gets locked up.

Personally I'd be fine with GPS monitor - if she goes within 5 miles of an airport she gets arrested and tossed in jail. I don't think permanent incarceration is the solution but they need to find some way of keeping her away from airports.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Treatment was tried and either failed or the psych determined that she is not mentally ill. So she gets locked up.

Personally I'd be fine with GPS monitor - if she goes within 5 miles of an airport she gets arrested and tossed in jail. I don't think permanent incarceration is the solution but they need to find some way of keeping her away from airports.
Yes, she did. She tried get a treatment and it didn't work. If she come near ORD property again. Yes, she will be arrested again. She will gets another trespassing charges. She doesn't understand why she wants to go to airports. She need her help. She didn't take her medication.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: Former UA 1P
DHS/TSA has a history of not wanting its dirty laundry aired in open court and of settling or otherwise dismissing cases that risk such airings.

I imagine a trial, or even hearings, for this woman, might include details about how she is able to repeatedly get through (or around?) TSA checkpoints in spite of the almighty Secure Flight, No Fly List, highly-trained Travel Document Checkers, super-highly-trained BDOs, multi-layered screening, etc.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by studentff
DHS/TSA has a history of not wanting its dirty laundry aired in open court and of settling or otherwise dismissing cases that risk such airings.

I imagine a trial, or even hearings, for this woman, might include details about how she is able to repeatedly get through (or around?) TSA checkpoints in spite of the almighty Secure Flight, No Fly List, highly-trained Travel Document Checkers, super-highly-trained BDOs, multi-layered screening, etc.
Super highly trained BDOs???
Old Oct 25, 2019, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zitsky
Super highly trained BDOs???
Yes, if you see someone who doesn't behave well. If you see who have travel fraudulent or criminal activity. If you see suspicious behaviors at the terminals or the concourse.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

She already back in court by last week. She still in jail. She is being held without bond.

https://wgntv.com/2019/10/29/serial-...court-tuesday/
Old Jan 21, 2020, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hi all,

She's back on the news again. She is now to take with her proper medication. As long if she behave well. She will understand that she can not go to an airports anymore.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...yPkrEPcsd_Nw3Y
Old Jan 21, 2020, 7:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by N830MH
Hi all,

She's back on the news again. She is now to take with her proper medication. As long if she behave well. She will understand that she can not go to an airports anymore.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...yPkrEPcsd_Nw3Y
Actually the article says she’s now fit to stand trial for her October 2019 trespass. She was already on probation so I suspect some imprisonment this time though that might or hopefully would be in a mental treatment environment.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:25 am

agreed she sounds like a legend

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.