Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

62-year-old woman sneaks onto aircraft without ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

62-year-old woman sneaks onto aircraft without ticket

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2019, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by VXforever
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...al-flight.html

She's been at this for 10 years now. How does she evade security so easily???
No, she is not at airports. She already on her probation. She had to stay away from any Chicago's airports. She still in mental health facility, but she cannot leaves. She already take her medication. As long if she behave well. She won't go to an airports anymore.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

She at it again! She got arrested again. She went to O'Hare airport. She didn't listen to the judge. She was not supposed to be there.

https://wgntv.com/2019/10/12/serial-...t-ohare-again/

Okay, I just got information about her. She's trying to sneak past at security checkpoint without a ticket or identification.

https://apnews.com/90ec366ac1404e2bade284bd4b30e26b

Last edited by N830MH; Oct 12, 2019 at 6:15 pm
Old Oct 12, 2019, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Understandable, it is the fall migration time.
84fiero likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Understandable, it is the fall migration time.
Yup, sure she is. She was not supposed to be there. She going back to jail again. Where she belongs. She never listens to the judges. We told her not to go to an airports anymore. She can not be off her ankle monitoring.

She is due in court by tomorrow morning. Whatever if she going to jail again. I am not quite sure how much longer she will in jail for. She is mentally ill. Get some help! She needs psychiatrist.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 1:05 am

Her 8th time!

https://cwbchicago.com/2019/10/seria...-8th-time.html

This time she violated probation. That tends not to go well.
N830MH likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 3:37 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Randomness
Her 8th time!

https://cwbchicago.com/2019/10/seria...-8th-time.html

This time she violated probation. That tends not to go well.
She seems to have some kind of mental problem, and at the very least an addiction of sort to this kind of thing. Not sure it makes as much sense to waste yet more money putting her behind bars again, however fleeting, but the default care system for the mentally ill is too often the criminal justice and penal system.
84fiero, TWA884 and altabello like this.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hi all,

Here's her arrest information. She attempt sneak past at security checkpoint without a ticket. She went to SFO, OAK, SJC, LAX, PHX, MSP, JAX, ORD, MDW.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/data/...htmlstory.html

See for yourself.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
She seems to have some kind of mental problem, and at the very least an addiction of sort to this kind of thing. Not sure it makes as much sense to waste yet more money putting her behind bars again, however fleeting, but the default care system for the mentally ill is too often the criminal justice and penal system.
Based on what has been reported she does seem to have an inability to function on her own in compliance with the law and her probation terms. She may need to be protected from herself but a "correctional" institution seems ill advised. A residential treatment facility might be a better match.
gsoltso, 84fiero and altabello like this.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

HI all,

She went to the court by this morning. She violating her previous bail bond. So now, she will be held without bail. She won't be out of jail for a while.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/10...rest-at-ohare/
Old Oct 14, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: TSA
Based on what has been reported she does seem to have an inability to function on her own in compliance with the law and her probation terms. She may need to be protected from herself but a "correctional" institution seems ill advised. A residential treatment facility might be a better match.
I hate to see anyone go to jail, it is a singularly unpleasant experience. However, at some point, the legal system will be required to put some time on her. Like N80, I hope that she gets treatment, because she obviously has challenges with following the laws and regulations. It does not seem as though she has intent to do harm to others, it seems as though it could be some form of mental health issue - of course, IANAD. *I truly hope that she gets the help she needs, it seems as if it would be a better fit for the situation, than putting her in the lock up. It is sad for the most part, and in some ways it can seem a bit humorous, but the fact is, she continues to violate laws, and something is probably going to have to be done.

Edit to add: I *think* the charge is going to be a Class 4 Felony, which carries 1-3 years, and up to $25k fine. Seeing as though she is currently on probation, I think that this time, she will probably have at least a year in.

*This, of course, barring any information that would trend this towards criminal intent, as opposed to just suffering from some form of challenge.

Last edited by gsoltso; Oct 14, 2019 at 9:31 am
Old Oct 14, 2019, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gsoltso
I hate to see anyone go to jail, it is a singularly unpleasant experience. However, at some point, the legal system will be required to put some time on her. Like N80, I hope that she gets treatment, because she obviously has challenges with following the laws and regulations. It does not seem as though she has intent to do harm to others, it seems as though it could be some form of mental health issue - of course, IANAD. *I truly hope that she gets the help she needs, it seems as if it would be a better fit for the situation, than putting her in the lock up. It is sad for the most part, and in some ways it can seem a bit humorous, but the fact is, she continues to violate laws, and something is probably going to have to be done.

Edit to add: I *think* the charge is going to be a Class 4 Felony, which carries 1-3 years, and up to $25k fine. Seeing as though she is currently on probation, I think that this time, she will probably have at least a year in.

*This, of course, barring any information that would trend this towards criminal intent, as opposed to just suffering from some form of challenge.
She needs to be in a mental health facility, not a prison. She darn sure won't get the mental health treatment she seems to need in a prison.
N830MH, gsoltso and 84fiero like this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: TSA
She needs to be in a mental health facility, not a prison. She darn sure won't get the mental health treatment she seems to need in a prison.
I agree. Sadly, based upon the way things seem to work now, she will simply get some time at a regular jail. The best hope I see (in most cases), is that a pro bono defense attorney or jail counsellor were to take up her cause and petition for treatment based upon observations and discussions (this is a serious long shot at best). We have a long way to go with our mental health system in this Country.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree. Sadly, based upon the way things seem to work now, she will simply get some time at a regular jail. The best hope I see (in most cases), is that a pro bono defense attorney or jail counsellor were to take up her cause and petition for treatment based upon observations and discussions (this is a serious long shot at best). We have a long way to go with our mental health system in this Country.
Hopefully her attorney can show that she is not responsible for her actions avoiding jail/prison and is remanded to a mental health facility. Still locked up but not in a facility that might have one psychologist on staff.
gsoltso and 84fiero like this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yes, I’m actually agree with you. She need a treatment. She needs to see psychiatrist. She won’t change her behavior. She must taken her medication. This is all!

she supposed to stays at mental health facility, but she cannot leaves.
gsoltso and 84fiero like this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 10:55 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

The FBI has said that at this time it will not pursue charges against the woman:

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2019/10/1...ane-no-ticket/

The FBI must have had at least one reason for not wanting to pursue charges against the woman at this time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.