Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

62-year-old woman sneaks onto aircraft without ticket

Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

The 62-years old women sneaks onboard Southwest flight from SJC-LAX today. She does not have a boarding pass. She didn't have a ticket and she wants to go to Hawaii. She attempting boards a flights before. She will be arrested for trespassing charges.

http://m.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-la...se-with/ngwTR/

Can't you guys believe this?
Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:42 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
<cue the TSA spin machine>
Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:49 pm

She was released from jail last month I believed for continuing to trespass at SFO after repeated warnings not to come back unless she had a boarding pass.

The first time she got in, the ticketed passenger caught her in his seat. Then she kept coming back.

Another article. http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...270076971.html
Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goalie
<cue the TSA spin machine>
Oh, dear god! Not another sneaks onboard the aircraft again. Like what happened last time. He sneaks into Hawaiian plane before. He wants to go to Africa. He wants to be with grandparents.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:04 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, OZ *S, AS MVP
For the amount of effort she puts in, it would've been easier to spend her efforts getting a job and using her wages to buy a ticket.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tigeros
She was released from jail last month I believed for continuing to trespass at SFO after repeated warnings not to come back unless she had a boarding pass.

The first time she got in, the ticketed passenger caught her in his seat. Then she kept coming back.

Another article. http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...270076971.html
Yes, you may be right. She barred to come at airports for life. She didn't stop. She won't listening to TSA & SFO police, as well. She refused to leave. She does not have obtain boarding pass. She is not suppose to be. She had to stay away from airports property. If she come back at airport again. She will be arrested again with trespassing charges. Be aware of her. They will filing restraining order against her. She had to stop! They have keep her out of airport property by 1,000 feet.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:35 am

Programs: BA, CX, LH, WN
I am just curious how she was able to clear the TSA checkpoint without the BP? She probably had an forged mobile BP or physical (altered) BP?
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by techblr
I am just curious how she was able to clear the TSA checkpoint without the BP? She probably had an forged mobile BP or physical (altered) BP?
I have no idea. You actually don't know how she got through at security. She didn't have a boarding pass and she trying to get past at TSA checkpoint. No one who caught her. She had a trespassing warnings.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 1:34 am

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
Originally Posted by pcfdt
For the amount of effort she puts in, it would've been easier to spend her efforts getting a job and using her wages to buy a ticket.
This. They're really not that expensive.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 4:51 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by pcfdt
It doesn't appear that she's necessarily acting out of a lack of funds, just as not all shoplifters steal because they can't afford to purchase the item:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...254825601.html

The retired secretary who lives near Sixth Street in San Francisco is in jail now on $25,000 bail, the newspaper reported. She has no family to speak of, the newspaper reported.

Her wits are sound, according to District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe: she is "articulate" and clean. "She just strikes me as a very lonely person," he told the newspaper.
Though I would say that simply because a person is well spoken and clean, doesn't automatically rule out some sort of mental or other issue.

Originally Posted by techblr
How indeed! Our crack security system at work. Thank God she didn't have a dead cell phone with her though!
Old Aug 6, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: Former 1K turned UA Kettle
As someone who has relatives with both dementia and Alzheimer's, this sounds a heck of a lot like a possible mental health issue. Sad if so.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 7:06 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by UTex09
As someone who has relatives with both dementia and Alzheimer's, this sounds a heck of a lot like a possible mental health issue. Sad if so.
Either that which is quite sad if the case or.....some twisted sort using a mental health issue to justify their own deviant behavior. I hope that an evaluation will be done and either put in the proper care facility or dealt with as a criminal depending on which is most appropriate.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 8:28 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, AA, DL
My favorite part of that first article, from the SJC spokesman, is his claim that the "airport's security systems and processes were not a factor in this incident and public safety was never compromised." How can that possibly be the case?! There are probably some underlying issues for this lady, so I wish her well and hope she can avail herself of treatment if needed.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 10:52 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Just as the Name Game was instituted after that Nigerian guy snuck in and stowed away, so too do I expect this case to inspire redundant, repeated, duplicative, multiple TDCs. There have been reports on FT in the past of some airports having three or four people all checking bp/id in the same queue, ten feet from each other, and I expect something similar to be foisted upon travelers at SJC in retaliation, er, out of an abundance of caution to prevent similar incidents.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 11:50 am

Programs: Thai Gold, UA, AA, SWA
Got to give her kudos for the feat. She should be hired at TSA as a consultant.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.