Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

62-year-old woman sneaks onto aircraft without ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

62-year-old woman sneaks onto aircraft without ticket

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Her wits are sound, according to District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe: she is "articulate" and clean.
Hey, she can be president!

Mike
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP 75K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Am I the only person that thinks she looks like Ms. Ada Quonsett, the stowaway from the movie Airport?!?!?

Old Aug 6, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Reminds me of Helen Hayes in the original airport movie.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 1:41 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by USFFlyer
Am I the only person that thinks she looks like Ms. Ada Quonsett, the stowaway from the movie Airport?!?!?

That's pretty funny, there is a resemblance I think!
Old Aug 6, 2014, 4:50 pm

Did anybody see the segment on this on the CBS Evening News tonight? I came in in the middle and didn't catch the name of the woman who made a bit of a fool of herself trying to convince the reporter that this was not a security breach because the woman had been fully screened. Anyway, was she a rep of the TSA or the airport?

Either way, she seemed to admit that the ID checking is not pertinent to the screening process.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 6:27 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, OZ *S, AS MVP
Originally Posted by 84fiero
It doesn't appear that she's necessarily acting out of a lack of funds, just as not all shoplifters steal because they can't afford to purchase the item:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...254825601.html
Fair enough, it's a sad situation all around. Still, she could volunteer or have a job somewhere that had a social element? Something tells me that this won't be the last time.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 7:05 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by petaluma1
Did anybody see the segment on this on the CBS Evening News tonight? I came in in the middle and didn't catch the name of the woman who made a bit of a fool of herself trying to convince the reporter that this was not a security breach because the woman had been fully screened. Anyway, was she a rep of the TSA or the airport?

Either way, she seemed to admit that the ID checking is not pertinent to the screening process.
If you're referring to a woman with red hair, she's the spokesperson for SJC and no she didn't make "a bit of a fool of herself", she became a first class a number 1 fool as soon as she opened her mouth

And get this...

NBC Bay Area News just reported that the TSA was not going to go public with this unless they (the TSA) was contacted by a reporter. W-T-F????
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by USFFlyer
Ah, yes! I remember the movie. I watch Airport '77 or something like that. I can't remember at all. I wasn't good enough for my memory.

PS. I found information about Airport '70 movie. The old lady who sneaks to boards a flights without ticket.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airport_(1970_film)

Last edited by N830MH; Aug 6, 2014 at 9:39 pm
Old Aug 7, 2014, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by goalie
If you're referring to a woman with red hair, she's the spokesperson for SJC and no she didn't make "a bit of a fool of herself", she became a first class a number 1 fool as soon as she opened her mouth

And get this...

NBC Bay Area News just reported that the TSA was not going to go public with this unless they (the TSA) was contacted by a reporter. W-T-F????

I didn't pay any attention to her physical features so I don't know if she had red hair or not - I was just listening to her spiel.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 6:27 am

Programs: Delta DM, SWA Styrofoam, Marriott Rew, SPG, HHonors
Who feeds her 13 cats when she's freeloading on flights?
Old Aug 7, 2014, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
You mean she didn't bring all 13 with her?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-question.html
Old Aug 7, 2014, 3:06 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
And she was just arrested again

Just heard on the radio that she was arrested today at LAX. No other details but PD is to make a statement later today
Old Aug 7, 2014, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by goalie
And she was just arrested again

Just heard on the radio that she was arrested today at LAX. No other details but PD is to make a statement later today
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...807-story.html
Old Aug 7, 2014, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
And she supposedly has no mental issues.....really?......wonder what cereal box they got their psych degree off of. Of course I'd be spread eagle on some airport floor with a 300 lb cop with his knee in my back if I tried something like that and then have to spend the night in a cell with an equally good sized guy who thought he loved me.

Last edited by Randyk47; Aug 7, 2014 at 4:17 pm
Old Aug 7, 2014, 7:38 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by Randyk47
And she supposedly has no mental issues.....really?......wonder what cereal box they got their psych degree off of. Of course I'd be spread eagle on some airport floor with a 300 lb cop with his knee in my back if I tried something like that and then have to spend the night in a cell with an equally good sized guy who thought he loved me.
Don't kid yourself, Randy. It would be just a passing fancy, two ships passing in the night, as it were.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.