Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pax lights fireworks on NW AMS-DTW flight

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2009, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Flaflyer
LOL are you all graduates of the Al Kidda Kemistry for (failed) Wannabe Jihadists or the Kip Hawley School of Explosive Water Kemistry?

Cole Parmer does not repeat does not sell high explosives to the general public. The high explosive pentaerythritol tetranitrate mw 316.137 is not the same as pentaerythritol mw 136.15, although it is made from it.

Thankfully, the radical Madrasahs teach lots of hate theology but no math and science. Good for us the idiots limit themselves to 14th century science technology and cannot make a reliable working 21st century bomb. Thank goodness pure hate is not a high explosive.

And the Lagos Leg Bomber's dad is reported to be a Nigerian Banker. Reportedly he has $20 million USD for the first FTer to do a MR to LOS under the new regulations. . .
In fairness to me I put a link to the wiki that explains what else is needed.

It sounds like me he had the pentaerythritol in the bag and the acid in the syringe.

I just hope this does not cause a problem with people that require preloaded syringes.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 5:20 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The person who is being checked out most vigorously right now has a UCL student affiliation in the UK where his studies were focused on mechanical engineering. While his job prospects in the current environment may have been up in the air prior to this in-the-air incident, I highly doubt that this was someone who was being paid money to carry out an act of terrorism that would kill innocent people and himself on the flight. A dead person is what a person would risk being if purposely deciding to blow up an explosive device on their person, and dead people have little use for money where they end up.
Somewhere, Dr. Marc Sageman is saying, "I told you so!"

Wealthy, well-educated, apparently-isolated wanna-be terrorist.

I'll admit being wrong if there is a real al-Qaeda connection proven at some point, but for now, all the media blowhards and retired government "experts" blabbering away on the news about this doofus and how a plot a middle schooler could have dreamt up and executed at least as well indicate he has to have been paid/trained/etc. make me want to retch.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 5:34 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
No on-duty FAM on this flight. Staffing on Christmas gets paired down?

Watch out for this to be used by politicians as part of a justification to crack down on cabin baggage and support airport strip searches by electronic means.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Originally Posted by Trollkiller
It sounds like me he had the pentaerythritol in the bag and the acid in the syringe.
If he really thinks squirting acid on a substance converts it instantly into the tetranitrate he is dumber than I originally gave him credit for. Disaccredit that engineering school he went to and fire the whole chemistry department.

Laws of Chemistry and Physics ONE, Science Free Jihadist Wannabees ZERO.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 5:38 pm

If he really thinks squirting acid on a substance converts it instantly into the tetranitrate he is dumber than I originally gave him credit for. Disaccredit that engineering school he went to and fire the whole chemistry department.

They did say he spent 20 minutes in the bathroom, now that I think about it he could have had the bag hidden in his bowels.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by exerda
Hey, I'm glad no one was hurt or killed, etc., and I'm one of the biggest raspberry-blowers when it comes to the TSA. I didn't read that as fearmongering, personally.

(That said, I really think this "plot" is way overblown and wasn't very likely to succeed, and governments around the world, driven by the US of A at the forefront, are waaaaaaaaaaaaay overreacting to this.)
What I said had nothing to do with fear. I was actually very happy people made it to their families unharmed. That is all I meant. That someone else took something else out of it, is in my opinion, pathetic. I'm kind of wondering, was no one else happy that no passengers were hurt? Or did I miss those post?
Old Dec 26, 2009, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
AQU?
Old Dec 26, 2009, 5:45 pm

Darn straight. ^

Now if only the media and government would get a clue.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by SATTSO
What I said had nothing to do with fear. I was actually very happy people made it to their families unharmed. That is all I meant. That someone else took something else out of it, is in my opinion, pathetic. I'm kind of wondering, was no one else happy that no passengers were hurt? Or did I miss those post?
That's what I was saying in my post: I didn't read your comment as fearmongering at all.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by exerda
That's what I was saying in my post: I didn't read your comment as fearmongering at all.
I appreciate that. Really I do.

I am on break right now. Today has been a bit crazy. Some of the passengers are afraid, you can either tell or they out right tell you. You know, you Rey to do what you can to reassure them, and I've talk to lots of people today, more than usual. Personally, I think it's the best thing I can do at work today, be calm, smile, ask people how their holiday was, where they are headed, stuff like that. I'm a big guy, had a little old lady pat me on the arm, said she was happy I was here....

Anyways, whether some of you understand or not, I actually do not want anyone to be hurt, or worse. I honestly think that some out there are tryin to hurt us, and let's hope hey keep screwing up. Eventually, sadly, they won't. But it's the reason I'm at TSA, even if you don't agree with my points of view.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Originally Posted by Trollkiller
They did say he spent 20 minutes in the bathroom, now that I think about it he could have had the bag hidden in his bowels.
What scares me is this: Does OBL realize he is only three people away from his goal? He does not need to have actual bombs, or blow up any planes, just have three people with realistic simulated bombs deliberately get caught at TSA checkpoints in the US to "set off" the TSA fearmongers. A brown skinned Middle Eastern male with a "bomb" inserted in his bum, a 80 year old Hispanic male with a "bomb" in his colostomy bag, and a 12 year old Caucasian girl with a "bomb" hidden between her legs get caught the same day. After seeing the 9/11™ reaction, the Shoe Bomb reaction, the Tang Water Plot reaction, the Lagos Leg Bomber reaction, etc., I ASSURE you the TSA knee jerk reaction will shut down civil aviation as we know it for years to come. Mission accomplished OBL, thanks to the predictable TSA Knee Jerkers.

Thank goodness OBL does not recognize how fruitcake the TSA management is.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From everyone's favorite security expert, Bruce Schneier (schneier.com/blog), comes this gem:

Only one carry on? No electronics for the first hour of flight? I wish that, just once, some terrorist would try something that you can only foil by upgrading the passengers to first glass (sic) and giving them free drinks.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 6:41 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Spot-on, Gfunkdave & Bruce Schneier! Maybe the next terrorist will claim that his brain went into shock due to Dom Perignon Deficiency !
Seriously, my guess is that the perp is a wannabee & an overgrown spoiled brat with the mentality of a 10 y/o who misbehaves to get a reaction/ attention! Now he is one of the few (alleged?) criminals who can brag of having hoodwinked cops on 3 continents & gotten the FBI going to the degree that they found it necessary to phone the Pres. of the US on his Christmas vacation!
Old Dec 26, 2009, 6:44 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by Brendan
Spot-on, Gfunkdave & Bruce Schneier! Maybe the next terrorist will claim that his brain went into shock due to Dom Perignon Deficiency !
Seriously, my guess is that the perp is a wannabee & an overgrown spoiled brat with the mentality of a 10 y/o who misbehaves to get a reaction/ attention! Now he is one of the few (alleged?) criminals who can brag of having hoodwinked cops on 3 continents & gotten the FBI going to the degree that they found it necessary to phone the Pres. of the US on his Christmas vacation!

Who has not made one public comment on any news cast.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 6:46 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by SATTSO
I appreciate that. Really I do.

I am on break right now. Today has been a bit crazy. Some of the passengers are afraid, you can either tell or they out right tell you. You know, you Rey to do what you can to reassure them, and I've talk to lots of people today, more than usual. Personally, I think it's the best thing I can do at work today, be calm, smile, ask people how their holiday was, where they are headed, stuff like that. I'm a big guy, had a little old lady pat me on the arm, said she was happy I was here....

Anyways, whether some of you understand or not, I actually do not want anyone to be hurt, or worse. I honestly think that some out there are tryin to hurt us, and let's hope hey keep screwing up. Eventually, sadly, they won't. But it's the reason I'm at TSA, even if you don't agree with my points of view.
Regardless of what I've said in the past. TSA needs more like you^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.