Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

5/24 count (may) now include Chase business cards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5/24 count (may) now include Chase business cards?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2023, 6:44 pm

I can confirm as of today they are absolutely not including Chase business cards in 5/24. P2 is at 3/24 but if you include Chase business cards, they are at 7/24.

Applied for a business card yesterday. Got the dreaded need more time message. Within 2 hours we got an email asking for proof of address (move last week and updated address last week so this request was extremely reasonable). We uploaded the support and then called Chase. We said we just uploaded the support and what is the status. 2 minutes on hold and approved. No questions asked. 3rd application for the same business in 6 months, for P2.
beltway and Happy like this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 6:39 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by a4lau
Thanks, didn't realize there was an ongoing thread on the potential of policy change. Including Chase Biz cards, I'm 5/24. Unfortunate if policy truly changed Will post DP in other thread.
They have been counting their own business cards. I hit that ceiling back in 2019 and had to wait it out. Business cards are ignore only if they are on other banks and ONLY because they do NOT know about them.

Be aware they are also looking at you because of lack of business business with them such as checking or savings. Get ready for more declines unless you are prepared to prove your sole proprietorship income. When (remember it is a when, not a they will) they ask, it is like AX, you prove it or they shut everything down. YMMV The game is great if you are legit, if anything is inflated or fudged, Chase is not friendly or forgiving.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
They have been counting their own business cards. I hit that ceiling back in 2019 and had to wait it out. Business cards are ignore only if they are on other banks and ONLY because they do NOT know about them.
The evidence for this is decidedly mixed. Yesterday a FTer posted in the dedicated discussion thread that a household member was approved despite being, if you included Chase biz cards, at 7/24.
Originally Posted by Schnit
I can confirm as of today they are absolutely not including Chase business cards in 5/24. P2 is at 3/24 but if you include Chase business cards, they are at 7/24.

Applied for a business card yesterday. Got the dreaded need more time message. Within 2 hours we got an email asking for proof of address (move last week and updated address last week so this request was extremely reasonable). We uploaded the support and then called Chase. We said we just uploaded the support and what is the status. 2 minutes on hold and approved. No questions asked. 3rd application for the same business in 6 months, for P2.

​​​​​​​
Old Jan 18, 2023, 7:34 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by beltway
The evidence for this is decidedly mixed. Yesterday a FTer posted in the dedicated discussion thread that a household member was approved despite being, if you included Chase biz cards, at 7/24.
I just finished spend on my Aer Lingus card the other day which is my 5th personal Chase card...it puts me at 9/24 (includes 4 Chase biz cards). I've only applied for Chase cards in the last 2 years.
Happy and EatMoreChicken like this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 7:41 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by fredc84
I just finished spend on my Aer Lingus card the other day which is my 5th personal Chase card...it puts me at 9/24 (includes 4 Chase biz cards). I've only applied for Chase cards in the last 2 years.
Clearly it is a YMMV situation
sdsearch likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 8:26 am

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by Schnit
Sorry I am late to the game on this but here is some personal stats:

P1
In May I applied for a business card, I was at 4/24 and had 3 business cards from chase in the last 24 as well
In June I dropped down to 3/24 but now had 4 business cards in 24 months, and approved for a personal card

P2
Just this month, was at 4/24 and 2 chase business cards in 24 months and was approved

These made P1 at 11 Chase cards and 7 for P2
Which business cards do you have?
I'm 3/24, 1 biz CBIC which i just completed the SUB spend. Now in Mar 1, I want to apply for CBIU.
SO that will 3/24 plus 3 business card by Mar 23'. In June 23' one personal card drops off the so 2/24, 2 business.

As part of my 3/24 I have CIHG personal card. but overall ,y CC apps drops to 2/24 in June 23'
I want to apply in June CBIHG and keep the personal concurrently. One rep said no problem, I'm Assuming IHG points for both cards for IHG personal nd business can be merged into one IHG account. How long after signing up for business CBIHG and earring SUB....and the points are actively showing can I cancel this CBIHG card and wait for new 24 month re-apply to occur?
Old Jan 18, 2023, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by euromannn
Which business cards do you have?
I'm 3/24, 1 biz CBIC which i just completed the SUB spend. Now in Mar 1, I want to apply for CBIU.
SO that will 3/24 plus 3 business card by Mar 23'. In June 23' one personal card drops off the so 2/24, 2 business.

As part of my 3/24 I have CIHG personal card. but overall ,y CC apps drops to 2/24 in June 23'
I want to apply in June CBIHG and keep the personal concurrently. One rep said no problem, I'm Assuming IHG points for both cards for IHG personal nd business can be merged into one IHG account. How long after signing up for business CBIHG and earring SUB....and the points are actively showing can I cancel this CBIHG card and wait for new 24 month re-apply to occur?
All of P2s business cards are ink. Before this approval it was 1 cash, 1 preferred and 2 unlimited.

P1 had 2 cash and unlimited, United and IHG business
Old Jan 23, 2023, 6:27 am

DP:
I am currently at 4/24 according to Travelfreely.net. I was just approved for the CSR in December and the Ink Cash this month.
In 2021 I was approved for 2 business and 1 personal and in 2022 I was approved for 3 business and 2 personal. Those are just for Chase cards. In addition I was approved for 4 other non-Chase cards. Just counting the Chase cards I would be at 8/24 if they were counting business and personal. There must be something else going on for these people who are being denied.
beltway likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Cliff358
DP:
I am currently at 4/24 according to Travelfreely.net. I was just approved for the CSR in December and the Ink Cash this month.
In 2021 I was approved for 2 business and 1 personal and in 2022 I was approved for 3 business and 2 personal. Those are just for Chase cards. In addition I was approved for 4 other non-Chase cards. Just counting the Chase cards I would be at 8/24 if they were counting business and personal. There must be something else going on for these people who are being denied.
If I had to guess, the rep can decide they think the person is gaming SUBs and decline due to too many cards, even without being at 5/24. Even under 5/24 if the rep sees a ton of new cards and nothing charged to them, they could say you opened too many accounts and reject it. To me thats the most logical explanation of what is happening.
roberto99 and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 1:13 pm

Data point: We applied for an Iberia CC for SO this morning and got a "we need more info" email later in the day. Just in case, we called in to make sure it was them (and not a scam) and while we were on the line they had us send the docs (driver's license and passport) and then they put us on hold. Came back in a bit and said approved. This is the 7th card (which includes 3 biz cards) since Aug 2021...so 17 months. Since that makes 4/24 we'll probably get the Aer Lingus card in a couple of months.
mia and Happy like this.

Last edited by fredc84; Jan 27, 2023 at 1:18 pm
Old Jan 28, 2023, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by fredc84
Data point: We applied for an Iberia CC for SO this morning and got a "we need more info" email later in the day. Just in case, we called in to make sure it was them (and not a scam) and while we were on the line they had us send the docs (driver's license and passport) and then they put us on hold. Came back in a bit and said approved. This is the 7th card (which includes 3 biz cards) since Aug 2021...so 17 months. Since that makes 4/24 we'll probably get the Aer Lingus card in a couple of months.
Did you already have an B account #? If so, hopefully they still don't open a new account because it's a nightmare to have them merged. Your sign up points will be sitting in a newly opened IB account but you won't be able to access them. Happened frequently last few years, many posts about it. Hopefully they straightened it out.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by theplayer
Did you already have an B account #? If so, hopefully they still don't open a new account because it's a nightmare to have them merged. Your sign up points will be sitting in a newly opened IB account but you won't be able to access them. Happened frequently last few years, many posts about it. Hopefully they straightened it out.
No, she didn't. I went through exactly what you are talking about a few months back (and posted about it in the IB thread). Part of my issue is I use my middle initial but IB doesn't have MI's in their profiles.
If we have the issue again, I'll just follow the steps I did before (that I got from flytalk).
Old Mar 1, 2023, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
(Nov 2022) … I might find out for myself (just like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz) in about a month or so. I’m at 3/24 not including biz cards, 8/24 including Chase biz cards with a Chase personal application expected next month.
Counter-Datapoint: Successful (almost) instant approval for UA Club Infinite card today, 1/24 traditional method, 6/24 inc Chase biz cards, 21/24 inc all biz cards, details here.
nwflyboy likes this.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Mar 6, 2023 at 7:11 pm Reason: "details here" link corrected
Old Mar 1, 2023, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Counter-Datapoint: Successful (almost) instant approval for UA Club Infinite card today, 1/24 traditional method, 6/24 inc Chase biz cards, 21/24 inc all biz cards, details here.
I was 3/24 or 6/24 with business cards, and got instant approval 2 weeks ago for a personal card too
SPN Lifer and nwflyboy like this.
Old May 8, 2023, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Does United Business credit card count toward 5/24?

I seem to recall that at one point obtaining a United Business credit card counted toward the Chase 5/24 limit, unlike most business credit cards. But when I googled this recently, I saw no sign of this problem being mentioned. So...

Does a United Business credit card count toward 5/24?

Thanks for any help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.