Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

5/24 count (may) now include Chase business cards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5/24 count (may) now include Chase business cards?

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2023, 8:42 pm

No. 5/24 rule only looks at new accounts in your credit report. Even though Chase knows internally how many of their biz cards you have, their algo doesn’t count it.
Old May 10, 2023, 4:40 am

[BIJoe]

Last edited by beltway; Apr 5, 2024 at 7:47 pm
Old May 10, 2023, 7:51 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
I seem to recall that at one point obtaining a United Business credit card counted toward the Chase 5/24 limit, unlike most business credit cards. … So... Does a United Business credit card count toward 5/24? Thanks for any help.
Several months ago ~November 2022), as per the first few posts of this thread, there were reports of Chase recon agents stating that Chase biz cards counted toward 5/24. Subsequently there have been no additional reports and many reports to the contrary (that Chase biz cards do NOT count toward 5/24). Personally, in the past 2 months I’ve been quasi-instantly* approved for 2 Chase personal cards while at 2-3/24 traditional method, 7-8/24 including Chase biz cards and 21-22/24 including all cards (mostly AmEx & BOA biz cards).

(* quasi-instant: required moving credit limit, either online or during brief recon call.)
Old May 13, 2023, 9:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Maybe the thread title should be changed,
RNE, MarkMColo and Dr Jabadski like this.
Old May 13, 2023, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by txpenny
No, because if you read back in this thread, it appears that sometimes they count business cards if they do a particular kind of manual check of your accounts while processing a new application.

So it depends on what happens during the application. It's not an always this way or always that way thing.

As long your application is approved automatically, it doesn't happen. And in many manually processed applications, it doesn't happen, but in some manually processed applications, it did happen. And thus we can't be sure that it never will happen again in any manually processed applications, at least until much more time goes by with no more reports of it ever happening.
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old May 14, 2023, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by txpenny
Originally Posted by sdsearch
No, ...
Agree with no, also because the thread title includes the word “may”. Based on the first definition of “may” (below), the title, just as the question quoted above starting with “MAYbe”, is accurate.

“ 5/24 count may possibly now include Chase business cards?” is a true statement with “may possibly" being redundant thus the title is also true. Presumably the “?” at the end of the title doesn’t mean it’s a question, maybe possibly just a subject for discussion.

(* Dictionary Definitions from Oxford Languages · “may” verb 1. expressing possibility "that may be true")
sdsearch likes this.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; May 15, 2023 at 9:46 pm Reason: clarification
Old May 16, 2023, 8:58 am
RNE

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Agree with no, also because the thread title includes the word “may”. Based on the first definition of “may” (below), the title, just as the question quoted above starting with “MAYbe”, is accurate. “ 5/24 count may possibly now include Chase business cards?” is a true statement with “may possibly" being redundant thus the title is also true. Presumably the “?” at the end of the title doesn’t mean it’s a question, maybe possibly just a subject for discussion. (* Dictionary Definitions from Oxford Languages · “may” verb 1. expressing possibility "that may be true")
Erudite, my friend, but this thread's title is nevertheless sensationalized by that 3-letter word, with nothing but scant anecdotes to justify it.

But let's carry forward leniency for the word "may." To wit, Chase seems to be making it harder to combine Ultimate Reward points, between business and personal accounts in some instances, and between family members in others. What if this hinderance is a prelude to something more? Indeed, this "may" be a prelude to ending the UR program entirely! Therefore, let's start a thread entitled, Chase (may) be ending Ultimate Rewards, and discuss whether it is or isn't. After all, we don't know it's not ending, and the possibility it is ending (regardless how remote) meets the OED's definition of "may." So, that thread's title is entirely accurate.

RNE, imaging the uproar.
txpenny likes this.
Old May 16, 2023, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by RNE
Chase seems to be making it harder to combine Ultimate Reward points, between business and personal accounts in some instance
Did I miss something?
Old May 16, 2023, 9:46 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Schnit
Did I miss something?
RNE and Dr Jabadski are just arguing about the thread title for whatever reason. There have been some data points on people having trouble combining points but I’ve had no issues on my end (both between people and between business and personal)

Last edited by mia; May 16, 2023 at 11:51 pm Reason: Insert full Usernames.
Old May 16, 2023, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
Erudite, my friend, … So, that thread's title is entirely accurate. …
Thank you for the compliment kind sir. I agree that thread’s TITLE would be accurate, whether or not the subject of the thread would be worthy of further discussion and whether it might be deleted is a different concern and I too would plan to buy some popcorn and sit back relax and enjoy the flight the uproar .
Originally Posted by WasKnown
RNE and Dr Jabadski are just arguing …
My and RNE’s posts should definitely NOT be characterized as argument, it’s clear they are anything but.
… poof there was another account. … just magically turned up
Okay, I confess, guilty as charged (and I hate to be the person to tell you this), it’s MY account ! Thanks for the points, already planning the parlay and leverage for a Singapore Airlines Suites Class or Etihad Residence flight . Oh yeah, I’m in the northern NYC suburbs and thus do not think of decamp as a Bus Line, thanks for the info (Best Hyatt New York #181) that DeCamp has (apparently just recently) ceased (some) operations.

Last edited by mia; May 16, 2023 at 11:51 pm Reason: Insert full Usernames.
Old May 16, 2023, 2:02 pm

Oh yeah, I’m in the northern NYC suburbs and thus do not think of decamp as a Bus Line, thanks for the info (Best Hyatt New York #181) that DeCamp has (apparently just recently) ceased (some) operations.
I suppose I was today years old when I realized decamp was actually a word. Funny that the family that started the bus line, which ran to NYC, actually had the last name Decamp.
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old May 16, 2023, 2:55 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

[...] One month I went to do this and poof there was another account. [...]
Originally Posted by fredc84
[...] all of a sudden about a month ago, I was looking at SOs account and saw the option [...]
Thank you. I'll hope for the best.
[...] it’s MY account ! Thanks for the points, [...]
I have noted in the past my belief that there are many more LOLs on the internet than there are people Laughing Out Loud. While it would be an exaggeration to say that I Laughed Out Loud, there was an audible snort of delight when I read your comment. Thanks for the entertainment. (And please tell me, by PM because we don't want everyone to know, how you linked your account to someone else's.)
Old May 16, 2023, 4:24 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
My and RNE’s posts should definitely NOT be characterized as argument, it’s clear they are anything but.
An argument about whether RNE and Dr Jabadski had an argument seems pretty…. pointless…

Last edited by mia; May 16, 2023 at 11:50 pm Reason: Insert full Usernames
Old May 16, 2023, 7:30 pm

… it’s MY account ! Thanks for the points, ...

Originally Posted by serpens
… there are many more LOLs on the internet than there are people Laughing Out Loud. While it would be an exaggeration to say that I Laughed Out Loud, there was an audible snort of delight when I read your comment. Thanks for the entertainment. (And please tell me, by PM because we don't want everyone to know, how you linked your account to someone else's.)
​​​​​
Thank you for seeing the humor and for your compliment. I agree completely regarding the relative numbers of literal and figurative LOLs. Hope it was nothing more than a snort, I’ll spare the details but I was once accused by someone else of their ruining their own keyboard in a similar situation . No PM necessary, we each have our secrets .

I mean: to avoid any possible uproar and appearance of impropriety, I must go on record here and state the comment being referred to was and is a joke, I absolutely do NOT have the ability to link my account to an account of an unrelated person and any claims to the contrary are false. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it .
Old May 17, 2023, 8:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
I forgot what this thread is about...
Dr Jabadski and WasKnown like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.