Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

5/24 count (may) now include Chase business cards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5/24 count (may) now include Chase business cards?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2022, 6:08 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk

Originally Posted by businessgoat101
.... business credit should be separate from your personal credit.
It's not that simple. So called Business credit cards are issued to individuals, not to companies.
RNE and iskingolf like this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 8:31 am

Sorry I am late to the game on this but here is some personal stats:

P1
In May I applied for a business card, I was at 4/24 and had 3 business cards from chase in the last 24 as well
In June I dropped down to 3/24 but now had 4 business cards in 24 months, and approved for a personal card

P2
Just this month, was at 4/24 and 2 chase business cards in 24 months and was approved

These made P1 at 11 Chase cards and 7 for P2
Old Nov 29, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Schnit
… P1 at 11 Chase cards and 7 for P2
(Rhetorical questions: Does P1 imply a P2? I’m solo in this game, does that mean I’m P or P0 or P1 or no P ? )

Being a long time credit card churner and frequent flyer monger with possibly higher numbers than P1 or P2 above, it’s a little discouraging and depressing to read this thread and I’ve kinda been hoping that it would disappear from the list of most recent active threads. It would be quite nice and highly encouraging if this thread died a long and slow death due to a lack of adverse datapoints .
Old Nov 29, 2022, 9:39 am
RNE

P2 just received her CIU. She's going to add me as an employee so I can assist her in making the $6k spend. We're both at a comfortable 3/24 which will drop to 2/24 by mid- and late-2023 respectively, so even if the CIU somehow ends up counting against our 5/24, it's no biggie. Nevertheless, it would be awfully nice if Chase would come clean on 5/24.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
(Rhetorical questions: Does P1 imply a P2? I’m solo in this game, does that mean I’m P or P0 or P1 or no P ? )

Being a long time credit card churner and frequent flyer monger with possibly higher numbers than P1 or P2 above, it’s a little discouraging and depressing to read this thread and I’ve kinda been hoping that it would disappear from the list of most recent active threads. It would be quite nice and highly encouraging if this thread died a long and slow death due to a lack of adverse datapoints .
Its incredibly annoying if Chase now wants to start counting their own cards. I get it from their perspective but still sucks.

It would mean P2 cannot open a chase card until June, and I could not until December of next year!
Old Dec 8, 2022, 6:22 am

DP:
P2 applied for the Ink Cash yesterday and received an electronic denial letter today. P2 is at 4/24 (5/24 if counting the Chase Ink Unlimited opend 37 days ago).
Reasons for the denial are:
1. Credit report shows too many recently opened accounts
2. New Chase business card recently opened
It seems like Chase includes Chase business cards in the 5/24 count for my application.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 8:08 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by asdfghjk
The "credit report" would not show the Chase business card. It would be worth looking at the specific report that Chase used to see if there is something else shown that you did not count.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Just to add some data for tracking this "possible" change...

Since Aug '21 I've applied and been approved for 4 personal cards, 1 AU card with SO, and 4 business cards through Chase. Last card was on Nov 30th Chase Aer Lingus CC.

So, no change as far as I can see.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by mia
The "credit report" would not show the Chase business card. It would be worth looking at the specific report that Chase used to see if there is something else shown that you did not count.
Chase pulled my Experian credit report. The report only shows 4 personal credit cards in the last 2 years.
Chase must have counted my Chase Ink Unlimited card from last month.
Or may be the new app is too close to the previous Ink app?

Last edited by asdfghjk; Dec 8, 2022 at 12:46 pm
Old Dec 8, 2022, 1:25 pm
RNE

P2 applied for the Ink Cash yesterday and received an electronic denial letter today. P2 is at 4/24 (5/24 if counting the Chase Ink Unlimited opend 37 days ago). Reasons for the denial are:
It seems like Chase includes Chase business cards in the 5/24 count for my application.
The rejection may have nothing to do with what's on a credit report. Chase doesn't need that to know that one of their business card accounts was recently opened. Just saying.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 11:37 am

DP:
P2 applied for the Ink Cash yesterday and received an electronic denial letter today. P2 is at 4/24 (5/24 if counting the Chase Ink Unlimited opend 37 days ago).
Reasons for the denial are:
It could be a combination of the 2. For example, if any of the personal cards were not chase, then they add your chase business, and together they get 5/24 like you did. They couldnt give just 1 since the sum of the 2 processes was used.

Hopefully its actually related to the 37 day old Unlimited. Was it used heavily? First business card?
Old Dec 13, 2022, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Schnit
Hopefully its actually related to the 37 day old Unlimited. Was it used heavily? First business card?
I have had a few Chase business cards in the past. I spent 2k-3k on it last month. I don't think the spending is the issue. Let's hope that the age of the Unlimited is the issue, not the 5/24 count.
I will try to recon next month after one of the personal cards fall of the 5/24 list.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 4:31 pm

I don't think Chase is counting Business cards toward 5/24, at least in my situation.

My wife and I just applied for the Chase Ink Cash cards and got approved instantly.

I'm 3/24, not counting Chase Business card approvals. 5/24 counting all Chase personal and business cards. 6/24 if you count a BofA Alaska Airline Business card.

My wife is 4/24, not counting Chase Business card approvals. She would also be 5/24 counting all Chase personal and business. 6/24 if you count a BofA Alaska Airline Business card.

Last edited by EatMoreChicken; Jan 1, 2023 at 4:44 pm
Old Jan 2, 2023, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems like the only time Chase might be counting Chase business cards toward 5/24 is sometimes when an agent has to review your application manually, and decides to check what Chase credit you already have and when you opened them. Chase doesn't seem to count them when the application is processed normally.
bbriscoe34 and EatMoreChicken like this.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 4:46 pm

Applied for United Biz in Nov '22, rejected:
Too many credit cards opened in the last two years associated with you

Applied CIC 3 days ago, rejected:
Too many credit cards opened in the last two years associated with you
Business structure
Insufficient business deposit relationship with us

I'm 4/24, 5/24 including an Ink I got in July '22

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.