Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses).

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2020, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Chase regularly offers 3-month spending bonuses at chase.com/mybonus.
Chase Spend and Get Offers | My Bonus | Chase.com

These bonuses have the following characteristics:
  • Offers are not visible in your Chase online account. You can view them only through the portal at the link above. Viewing an offer automatically registers your card for it.
  • Offers are individually targeted. You may receive a different offer, or none at all, on a card type for which another FTer reports a bonus.
  • A given card will have, at most, one applicable bonus offer at a time.
  • Offers are typically for higher multiples of miles/points per dollar spent. Note that when an offer is for “10x on gas spend,” that means 10 points or miles per dollar total, including any category bonus native to the relevant card.
    • If you downgrade a qualifying card during an offer period, the offer will still apply, but you will receive only the incremental benefit relative to the new card’s built-in category bonus, if any. For example, the Chase IHG Premier card always earns 5x on dining, so a 10x quarterly offer is worth an extra 5 points/dollar. If you downgrade to the IHG Traveler card (native 3x dining bonus), you will receive 8 total points per dollar (native 3x plus the promotional 5 points/dollar) for spending during the offer period.
    • On very rare occasions, an offer may be for a fixed bonus contingent on the cardholder making a certain number of transactions of a minimum value. (For an early 2022 instance of this—5,000 UR for making 15 purchases of at least $2 each—see this post.)
  • Most offers are for generic categories (gas, grocery, dining, etc.). On occasion, however, an offer may be for purchases with a specific Chase partner using the applicable co-branded card (e.g., United Airlines, Hyatt, IHG) or for a large merchant such as Amazon (Q422).
  • Offers are usually capped at $1500 in spend. In some cases, however, the cap may be higher, e.g., extra miles on up to $6,000 in purchases from United Airlines on a United card.
  • Bonuses are typically for standard quarterly periods, but offers may also run for other three-month periods (e.g., June/July/August). It is generally worth checking on, or even shortly before, the first of each month for any card that doesn’t currently have an associated offer.
    • If you have a Q3 offer, you won’t be able to see any Q4 offer on that card until the Q3 offer expires. That said, Chase may send you an email notification a few days before the cutoff allowing you to view & pre-register for the upcoming offer.
For discussion of “Chase Offers”—short-term (usually <30 days) percentage discounts with specific merchants (not categories)—see "Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards), including the wiki at the top of each page.

Print Wikipost

Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses).

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2020, 11:27 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Finally, I am targeted for something I actually will use.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 12:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Has anyone figured out a way to prepay Netflix or Spotify so you can maximize the 10x on CSR? I've poked about the site for each but can't find a way to pay more than the current month's subscription.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
Has anyone figured out a way to prepay Netflix or Spotify so you can maximize the 10x on CSR? I've poked about the site for each but can't find a way to pay more than the current month's subscription.
Can't do it even for Disney Plus that has an annual payment option unless you just started. Spotify would be great.. I could pre-paid for like 8 years... LOL.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 2:11 am

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, AMEX Plat (MR), AMEX Delta Platinum
I have both AMEX Platinum and CSR...

Interesting the 10x on streaming, I have the AMEX Platinum so I am getting my Netflix and Disney+ for almost free with the $20 credit they are offering.

$20 free is better than the 15% cashback I would get with CSR (10pts x 1.5c)

[With all the pandemic credits, I'll probably keep both cards into 2021]
Old Aug 11, 2020, 9:26 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
I'm not sure if this is COVID related and it is probably targeted but my Amazon Prime card has 2% back on ordinary spend through November 11.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 10:12 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by highops
.....Amazon Prime card has 2% back on ordinary spend through November 11.
Another offer reported here: Targeted: Chase Amazon Prime card: earn 4% on everything
Old Aug 11, 2020, 4:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by mia
Wow. That offer has a longer time window, too.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 6:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
The Marriott Chase Bonvoy 10x promotion on gas purchases worked for a purchase at a Costco Gas station. I tried a $10 charge last month and used my Costco card for the rest of the purchase and my recent Chase Bonvoy statement shows 9 bonus points for the $10 charge. This was in the San Diego area so may be different in other places.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 11:00 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Chase has added 10x earning to their Marriott cards for restaurant and gas station spend July 15 through September 15, 2020 for up to $3500 spend. The restaurant category includes food delivery services “like Grubhub and DoorDash.”. You need to register: https://www.chase.com/mybonus
So I got my first statement since signing up for this. Interestingly, I received 9 points per dollar on restaurants rather than 10. It was listed as 1x for "all other spending" plus 8x for "restaurant spending bonus". I didn't have a ton of spending on it yet, so probably not worth calling to dispute. But curious if anyone else is seeing the same?
Old Aug 12, 2020, 12:56 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
So I got my first statement since signing up for this. Interestingly, I received 9 points per dollar on restaurants rather than 10. It was listed as 1x for "all other spending" plus 8x for "restaurant spending bonus". I didn't have a ton of spending on it yet, so probably not worth calling to dispute. But curious if anyone else is seeing the same?
Is it possible the 9 points is your bonus and the remaining point will post with your statement?
Old Aug 12, 2020, 12:58 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I'm making good use of the United Club card offer for August - September. 7 miles per $ for grocery and gas spend.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by eajusa
Is it possible the 9 points is your bonus and the remaining point will post with your statement?
Nope, the 8 plus 1 is what showed on the statement.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 8:01 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Curious if there's a consensus on the Instacart promo: worthwhile or just a surcharge on convenience that is bound to catch up with you?
Old Aug 16, 2020, 8:37 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
Curious if there's a consensus on the Instacart promo: worthwhile or just a surcharge on convenience that is bound to catch up with you?
I imagine it will vary by person. Certainly it’s great for anyone who was already an Instacart user, while I’d guess for most who aren’t, it’s probably not really worth it since even with the “free” membership Instacart involves quite a few extra fees beyond shopping for your own groceries (including sometimes listing prices for things that are higher than what’s charged in the store they’re “shopping” from, so the costs aren’t always transparent).

To draw an analogy, the Amex Gold card offers a monthly credit that can be used at Grubhub, among other places. I was already a longtime regular user of Grubhub and used to its fees, so I valued the credit at face value, but a lot of other people who weren’t in that habit complain that the various fees basically make the credit worthless, and they’re probably right for their situations.

Obviously in both cases Grubhub and Instacart would like to use the credits to get you to try their services and become hooked, but it’s probably best to try to think about them as you would if no credits were offered.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 12:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by bgriff
Obviously in both cases Grubhub and Instacart would like to use the credits to get you to try their services and become hooked, but it’s probably best to try to think about them as you would if no credits were offered.
That's my logic, too, but I wanted to ensure I wasn't missing anything. I've started to get most of my groceries through Imperfect Produce, rounding it out with small, semi-monthly trips to Safeway. Doesn't seem like Instancart can do much for me.

Last edited by philemer; Aug 18, 2020 at 9:17 am Reason: request not allowed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.