Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses).

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2020, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Chase regularly offers 3-month spending bonuses at chase.com/mybonus.
Chase Spend and Get Offers | My Bonus | Chase.com

These bonuses have the following characteristics:
  • Offers are not visible in your Chase online account. You can view them only through the portal at the link above. Viewing an offer automatically registers your card for it.
  • Offers are individually targeted. You may receive a different offer, or none at all, on a card type for which another FTer reports a bonus.
  • A given card will have, at most, one applicable bonus offer at a time.
  • Offers are typically for higher multiples of miles/points per dollar spent. Note that when an offer is for “10x on gas spend,” that means 10 points or miles per dollar total, including any category bonus native to the relevant card.
    • If you downgrade a qualifying card during an offer period, the offer will still apply, but you will receive only the incremental benefit relative to the new card’s built-in category bonus, if any. For example, the Chase IHG Premier card always earns 5x on dining, so a 10x quarterly offer is worth an extra 5 points/dollar. If you downgrade to the IHG Traveler card (native 3x dining bonus), you will receive 8 total points per dollar (native 3x plus the promotional 5 points/dollar) for spending during the offer period.
    • On very rare occasions, an offer may be for a fixed bonus contingent on the cardholder making a certain number of transactions of a minimum value. (For an early 2022 instance of this—5,000 UR for making 15 purchases of at least $2 each—see this post.)
  • Most offers are for generic categories (gas, grocery, dining, etc.). On occasion, however, an offer may be for purchases with a specific Chase partner using the applicable co-branded card (e.g., United Airlines, Hyatt, IHG) or for a large merchant such as Amazon (Q422).
  • Offers are usually capped at $1500 in spend. In some cases, however, the cap may be higher, e.g., extra miles on up to $6,000 in purchases from United Airlines on a United card.
  • Bonuses are typically for standard quarterly periods, but offers may also run for other three-month periods (e.g., June/July/August). It is generally worth checking on, or even shortly before, the first of each month for any card that doesn’t currently have an associated offer.
    • If you have a Q3 offer, you won’t be able to see any Q4 offer on that card until the Q3 offer expires. That said, Chase may send you an email notification a few days before the cutoff allowing you to view & pre-register for the upcoming offer.
For discussion of “Chase Offers”—short-term (usually <30 days) percentage discounts with specific merchants (not categories)—see "Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards), including the wiki at the top of each page.

Print Wikipost

Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses).

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2020, 7:28 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
I have a CSR dining charge for July 1st that earned 5x, and one for July 4th that earned 3x. Odd.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 8:16 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by KristenNYC
Has anyone figured out a good way to prepay on Netflix or YoutubeTV for the 10x? Figure I'll keep both for a while so if I can prepay $1500 between the two I'll take the 15k UR points.
I looked but could only find options to buy Netflix gift cards at other retailers. I would be interested in this too if anyone finds a way
Old Jul 7, 2020, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
I have a CSR dining charge for July 1st that earned 5x, and one for July 4th that earned 3x. Odd.
It’s dead according to DoC.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase...ant-purchases/
Old Jul 7, 2020, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Honors Diamond, WOH Globalist
I know this is a niche card, but the Chase BA Visa has a new bonus spend offer, received today- spend 10k on the card by the end of the year and get an extra 30,000 Avios. Looks like Iberia and Aer Lingus cards also get this offer.

Old Jul 7, 2020, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Chase Freedom Cash got 5% for insurance, utilities, cable, cellular phones, and internet today.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 7:13 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Chase Freedom Cash...
These appear to be targeted.

Freedom: https://www.chase.com/mybonus/freedom31
Freedom Unlimited: https://www.chase.com/mybonus/freedom22

Last edited by mia; Jul 7, 2020 at 7:48 pm
Old Jul 8, 2020, 3:15 am

[ibJOEL]
SanDiego1K and mia like this.

Last edited by beltway; Apr 15, 2024 at 2:23 pm
Old Jul 8, 2020, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia

Freedom: https://www.chase.com/mybonus/freedom31
Freedom Unlimited: https://www.chase.com/mybonus/freedom22
Yup. Both our Freedoms are not eligible though both are extremely INACTIVE. as like less than a total of $20 spent in 2020 (the grocery 5x quarter notwithstanding).
Besides since FPL does not take CC payment without charging a hefty fee, utilities are useless, and I am hoping AMEX 10% insurance statement credit would return (it happened every 6 months in the past year and earlier this year).
Old Jul 8, 2020, 2:09 pm
Community Director Emerita

Chase has added 10x earning to their Marriott cards for restaurant and gas station spend July 15 through September 15, 2020 for up to $3500 spend. The restaurant category includes food delivery services “like Grubhub and DoorDash.”. You need to register: https://www.chase.com/mybonus
lexdevil and notquiteaff like this.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Chase has added 10x earning to their Marriott cards for restaurant and gas station spend July 15 through September 15, 2020 for up to $3500 spend. The restaurant category includes food delivery services “like Grubhub and DoorDash.”. You need to register: https://www.chase.com/mybonus
My Bonvoy Boundless has been a sock drawer card for a long time, but for 10x, I'm moving it to my wallet.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Chase Freedom Cash got 5% for insurance, utilities, cable, cellular phones, and internet today.
Originally Posted by mia
Interesting. I received an offer for my CSR today for the same categories, except that the offer is pay four bills from these categories during this quarter and get 1,500 bonus points. And the "internet, cable, and phone services" category also includes satellite TV, radio, wireless data, and landline services. Oddly, the main print in my offer says I need to pay four bills to get the bonus, while the fine print says two. I suspect someone copied and pasted the fine print and forgot to update it.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Rare
Oddly, the main print in my offer says I need to pay four bills to get the bonus, while the fine print says two. I suspect someone copied and pasted the fine print and forgot to update it.
Then again, they may have forgotten to change the main print. Following the pattern in mia's post, I found these targeted offers:
https://www.chase.com/mybonus/sapphire31
https://www.chase.com/mybonus/sapphire32
https://www.chase.com/mybonus/sapphire33
https://www.chase.com/mybonus/sapphire34

The second one is most similar to the offer I received, and requires only two bill payments. (And in fact, I just confirmed that is my offer when I activated it just now.)
The third one is similar but offers 3,000 points after four bill payments, and the fourth offer gives 4,500 points after six bill payments.

The window titles of the above pages are interesting. "Sapphire 1500 RBP test offer", "Sapphire RBP 3,000 points test", "Sapphire RBP 4,500 points test". Looks like Chase is trying to find the sweet spot that will get the most responses.

Also amusing is the programming that wasn't supposed to be visible (from my activation confirmation):
Earn 1,500 bonus points in combined purchases when you pay two select bills like Utilities, Insurance, Phone Service, Cable, Internet with your [variable: Chase Sapphire Reserve/Chase Sapphire Preferred] card between July 1 - September 30, 2020.
Looks like these pages were thrown together in a bit of a hurry!

Last edited by Rare; Jul 9, 2020 at 7:06 pm Reason: added additional amusing observation
Old Jul 9, 2020, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by swag
My Bonvoy Boundless has been a sock drawer card for a long time, but for 10x, I'm moving it to my wallet.
it is a targeted offer - you need to go to the bonus offer enrollment page to check if your card(s) are eligible. Our old business premium plus is eligible, while a friend's is not.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rare
Then again, they may have forgotten to change the main print. Following the pattern in mia's post, I found these targeted offers:
https://www.chase.com/mybonus/sapphire31
https://www.chase.com/mybonus/sapphire32
https://www.chase.com/mybonus/sapphire33
https://www.chase.com/mybonus/sapphire34

The second one is most similar to the offer I received, and requires only two bill payments. (And in fact, I just confirmed that is my offer when I activated it just now.)
The third one is similar but offers 3,000 points after four bill payments, and the fourth offer gives 4,500 points after six bill payments.

The window titles of the above pages are interesting. "Sapphire 1500 RBP test offer", "Sapphire RBP 3,000 points test", "Sapphire RBP 4,500 points test". Looks like Chase is trying to find the sweet spot that will get the most responses.

Also amusing is the programming that wasn't supposed to be visible (from my activation confirmation):

Looks like these pages were thrown together in a bit of a hurry!
Thanks for posting the above.

I do not see the minimum amount to be eligible. Some other banks promotions often have minimum amount for each transaction to count.
Also the Bill Pay name is confusing to me - from the language it says the payment submitted by the merchant, i.e. you make the payment on merchant's site. My understanding on Bill Pay when banks use such term, seems to be payment initiated from the CC side to send a payment to the merchant, versus the payment initiated from the merchant site with your card being the payment card attached to your service account.

In other words, Bill Pay is a "Push" function while merchant submits a payment to your card is a "Pull" function - so how does everyone interpret which mechanism is the one for this promotion offer?
Old Jul 10, 2020, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by Happy
I do not see the minimum amount to be eligible. Some other banks promotions often have minimum amount for each transaction to count.
I don't see any minimum transaction amount specified. For some Chase bonus offers I've received, there has been a minimum transaction amount of $1.75. I suppose they assume that utility, communication, and insurance bills will be more than that, and that most people will charge the entire amount of the bill to the card?

Originally Posted by Happy
Also the Bill Pay name is confusing to me - from the language it says the payment submitted by the merchant, i.e. you make the payment on merchant's site. My understanding on Bill Pay when banks use such term, seems to be payment initiated from the CC side to send a payment to the merchant, versus the payment initiated from the merchant site with your card being the payment card attached to your service account.

In other words, Bill Pay is a "Push" function while merchant submits a payment to your card is a "Pull" function - so how does everyone interpret which mechanism is the one for this promotion offer?
Agreed, I noticed that too. I think they mean the latter. The fine print says "For a purchase to qualify for this offer, the merchant must submit charges to your credit card..." Here are the full terms from the activation confirmation of my offer:
To be eligible for this offer, you must activate by 09/30/20, 11:59 p.m. E.T. You'll earn 1,500 points when you make 2 bill pay transactions in the reward categories listed below during the promotional period. For a purchase to qualify for this offer, the merchant must submit charges to your credit card by the last day of the promotional period 09/30/20. All of your eligible purchases during the promotional period will be automatically counted, as long as you have enrolled by 09/30/20. Please allow up to 8 weeks after qualifying purchases post to your account for points to post to your account. To be eligible for this offer, your account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. Rewards Categories: Internet, Cable, and Phone Services category merchants provide internet, cable, satellite television, radio, cellular, wireless data, and landline services. In addition, if you purchase or pay for your internet, cable and satellite television, phone or related services in a merchant's store that is not registered by the merchant in the applicable services category, the purchase or payment will not qualify; for example, phone bill payments in a merchant's store that register to Chase as a telephone equipment store. Utility category merchants provide electric, household fuel, water, and sanitation. Please note that purchases of equipment and some merchants that sell utility-related goods and services are not included; for example, electronics or other retail stores and merchants offering maintenance and cleaning services. Insurance category merchants provide health, automobile, homeowners, medical, and life insurance. This promotional offer is non-transferable. For more information about your rewards program, see your Rewards Program Agreement. For more information about Chase rewards categories, see chase.com/RewardsCategoryFAQs. Please contact your service merchant for details on any fees that may be associated with paying your bill using a credit card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.