Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses).

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2020, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Chase regularly offers 3-month spending bonuses at chase.com/mybonus.
Chase Spend and Get Offers | My Bonus | Chase.com

These bonuses have the following characteristics:
  • Offers are not visible in your Chase online account. You can view them only through the portal at the link above. Viewing an offer automatically registers your card for it.
  • Offers are individually targeted. You may receive a different offer, or none at all, on a card type for which another FTer reports a bonus.
  • A given card will have, at most, one applicable bonus offer at a time.
  • Offers are typically for higher multiples of miles/points per dollar spent. Note that when an offer is for “10x on gas spend,” that means 10 points or miles per dollar total, including any category bonus native to the relevant card.
    • If you downgrade a qualifying card during an offer period, the offer will still apply, but you will receive only the incremental benefit relative to the new card’s built-in category bonus, if any. For example, the Chase IHG Premier card always earns 5x on dining, so a 10x quarterly offer is worth an extra 5 points/dollar. If you downgrade to the IHG Traveler card (native 3x dining bonus), you will receive 8 total points per dollar (native 3x plus the promotional 5 points/dollar) for spending during the offer period.
    • On very rare occasions, an offer may be for a fixed bonus contingent on the cardholder making a certain number of transactions of a minimum value. (For an early 2022 instance of this—5,000 UR for making 15 purchases of at least $2 each—see this post.)
  • Most offers are for generic categories (gas, grocery, dining, etc.). On occasion, however, an offer may be for purchases with a specific Chase partner using the applicable co-branded card (e.g., United Airlines, Hyatt, IHG) or for a large merchant such as Amazon (Q422).
  • Offers are usually capped at $1500 in spend. In some cases, however, the cap may be higher, e.g., extra miles on up to $6,000 in purchases from United Airlines on a United card.
  • Bonuses are typically for standard quarterly periods, but offers may also run for other three-month periods (e.g., June/July/August). It is generally worth checking on, or even shortly before, the first of each month for any card that doesn’t currently have an associated offer.
    • If you have a Q3 offer, you won’t be able to see any Q4 offer on that card until the Q3 offer expires. That said, Chase may send you an email notification a few days before the cutoff allowing you to view & pre-register for the upcoming offer.
For discussion of “Chase Offers”—short-term (usually <30 days) percentage discounts with specific merchants (not categories)—see "Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards), including the wiki at the top of each page.

Print Wikipost

Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses).

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2020, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Rare
Interesting. I received an offer for my CSR today for the same categories, except that the offer is pay four bills from these categories during this quarter and get 1,500 bonus points. And the "internet, cable, and phone services" category also includes satellite TV, radio, wireless data, and landline services. Oddly, the main print in my offer says I need to pay four bills to get the bonus, while the fine print says two. I suspect someone copied and pasted the fine print and forgot to update it.
Noticed the same thing. Are there any confirmations out there that it's 2 or 4 bills to get the 1,500 points?

I suppose I could just put a few bucks on two more bills just to be sure.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by econ
Noticed the same thing. Are there any confirmations out there that it's 2 or 4 bills to get the 1,500 points?

I suppose I could just put a few bucks on two more bills just to be sure.
Checked my UR account and noticed that the 1,500 was included with the posting of the 2nd bill.

So no need to risk getting only 1x on those 3rd & 4th bills.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 11:42 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
"Tap 3 times get 500 Marriott bonus points" - this on my Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless card. Purchases must be over $1.75 each. Aug. 20 - Sept. 30, says no enrollment necessary but I got the e-mail and my husband did not on his card.

Has anyone done this on a card that was not specifically targeted by e-mail? I've tapped 3 times on mine, want to know if it's worth the bother to do it on my husband's Chase Bonvoy Boundless.

My 3 taps spanned two billing periods so haven't seen the 500 pt bonus, but it's pretty sweet for a $5.25 outlay.

Last edited by Eujeanie; Sep 13, 2020 at 5:44 pm
Old Aug 22, 2020, 10:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
"Tap 3 times get 500 Marriott bonus points" - this on my Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless card. Purchases must be over $1.75 each. Aug. 20 - Sept. 30, says no enrollment necessary but I got the e-mail and my husband did not on his card.
Got the same promo for my CSR, 500 UR points.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 7:12 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Email today:

"Earn 5% total cash back on Lyft rides with your Freedom Unlimited card through March 2022. That's 3.5% cash back in addition to the 1.5% cash back you already earn.*
Old Sep 6, 2020, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Chase has added 10x earning to their Marriott cards for restaurant and gas station spend July 15 through September 15, 2020 for up to $3500 spend. The restaurant category includes food delivery services “like Grubhub and DoorDash.”. You need to register: https://www.chase.com/mybonus
According to DoC, it's been extended through September 30:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase...omo-7-15-9-15/
Old Sep 7, 2020, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by sdsearch
According to DoC, it's been extended through September 30:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase...omo-7-15-9-15/

I have put a few dining charges on my Marriott Bonvoy card. In looking at the charges in the iPad app and on the website, I don’t see any earnings at all. Looking back at July, the grocery store charges show the correct bonus points.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 11:06 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I have put a few dining charges on my Marriott Bonvoy card. In looking at the charges in the iPad app and on the website, I don’t see any earnings at all. Looking back at July, the grocery store charges show the correct bonus points.
Did you register for the dining bonus? I may be misremembering since there have been tons of credit card promos in recent months but I think the original Chase Marriott grocery promo did not require registration, but the current restaurant promo did/does.

Another possible issue is that I have also found the iPad app unreliable for showing points earned on each transaction, for whatever reason. (But in the sense that it doesn't show me any points totals on each transaction at all -- not that it shows the wrong number of points or fails to show earned bonuses.)
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by bgriff
Did you register for the dining bonus? I may be misremembering since there have been tons of credit card promos in recent months but I think the original Chase Marriott grocery promo did not require registration, but the current restaurant promo did/does.

Another possible issue is that I have also found the iPad app unreliable for showing points earned on each transaction, for whatever reason. (But in the sense that it doesn't show me any points totals on each transaction at all -- not that it shows the wrong number of points or fails to show earned bonuses.)
Pretty sure I did register.

And yes, it isn’t showing me any earnings for those charges (sorry if I wasn’t clear on that) while previous charges and other cards don’t have that issue.

I’ll put some other small non-dining charge on the card to see if the issue is limited to just dining.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation check STATEMENT for extra bonus earnings

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I only see the extra earning is my earning summary section on the monthly statement. I don't see them anywhere on the website. (I don't use the app.) So have you gotten a statement since any of these charges, and have you checked the points earning summary for these bonus earnings there?

For the 10x gasoline on my Marriott Business card, it looks like this:

+ 4X Points on gasoline purchases 244
+ Points earned on all other purchases 0
+ Bonus on purchases at gas stations 366

So the first line is for the normal 4x, and the third line is for the extra 6x, which adds up to 10x.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I only see the extra earning is my earning summary section on the monthly statement. I don't see them anywhere on the website. (I don't use the app.) So have you gotten a statement since any of these charges, and have you checked the points earning summary for these bonus earnings there?

For the 10x gasoline on my Marriott Business card, it looks like this:

+ 4X Points on gasoline purchases 244
+ Points earned on all other purchases 0
+ Bonus on purchases at gas stations 366

So the first line is for the normal 4x, and the third line is for the extra 6x, which adds up to 10x.
I haven’t gotten a statement for the charges yet, but what you are show is what the app essentially displays for old (July) transactions. It is missing for Sept transactions.

I reached out to Chase customer service via SM, and while they didn’t explain the cause for the issue, the did tell me the total number of points that will post with my next statement (based on current charges). It was 10X my spend since I had only charged dining, so it looks like they are tracking internally the correct number.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 10:38 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Chase has added 10x earning to their Marriott cards for restaurant and gas station spend July 15 through September 15, 2020 for up to $3500 spend. The restaurant category includes food delivery services “like Grubhub and DoorDash.”. You need to register: https://www.chase.com/mybonus
With Grubhub and DoorDash clearly shown to qualify for the promo, has anyone tried UberEat and get the bonus points? TIA.

LAX
Old Sep 11, 2020, 7:01 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by LAX
With Grubhub and DoorDash clearly shown to qualify for the promo, has anyone tried UberEat and get the bonus points? TIA.

LAX
I got the 10x points on an Uber Eats order on my Chase Marriott card.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 6:45 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by bgriff
I got the 10x points on an Uber Eats order on my Chase Marriott card.
Thanks for the DP.

LAX
Old Sep 13, 2020, 5:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold

Has anyone done this on a card that was not specifically targeted by e-mail? I've tapped 3 times on mine, want to know if it's worth the bother to do it on my husband's Chase Bonvoy Boundless.

My 3 taps spanned two billing periods so haven't seen the 500 pt bonus, but it's pretty sweet for a $5.25 outlay.Last edited by Eujeanie; Today at 4:44 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.