FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses).
Old Jul 10, 2020, 1:22 am
Rare

Originally Posted by Happy
I do not see the minimum amount to be eligible. Some other banks promotions often have minimum amount for each transaction to count.
I don't see any minimum transaction amount specified. For some Chase bonus offers I've received, there has been a minimum transaction amount of $1.75. I suppose they assume that utility, communication, and insurance bills will be more than that, and that most people will charge the entire amount of the bill to the card?

Originally Posted by Happy
Also the Bill Pay name is confusing to me - from the language it says the payment submitted by the merchant, i.e. you make the payment on merchant's site. My understanding on Bill Pay when banks use such term, seems to be payment initiated from the CC side to send a payment to the merchant, versus the payment initiated from the merchant site with your card being the payment card attached to your service account.

In other words, Bill Pay is a "Push" function while merchant submits a payment to your card is a "Pull" function - so how does everyone interpret which mechanism is the one for this promotion offer?
Agreed, I noticed that too. I think they mean the latter. The fine print says "For a purchase to qualify for this offer, the merchant must submit charges to your credit card..." Here are the full terms from the activation confirmation of my offer:
To be eligible for this offer, you must activate by 09/30/20, 11:59 p.m. E.T. You'll earn 1,500 points when you make 2 bill pay transactions in the reward categories listed below during the promotional period. For a purchase to qualify for this offer, the merchant must submit charges to your credit card by the last day of the promotional period 09/30/20. All of your eligible purchases during the promotional period will be automatically counted, as long as you have enrolled by 09/30/20. Please allow up to 8 weeks after qualifying purchases post to your account for points to post to your account. To be eligible for this offer, your account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. Rewards Categories: Internet, Cable, and Phone Services category merchants provide internet, cable, satellite television, radio, cellular, wireless data, and landline services. In addition, if you purchase or pay for your internet, cable and satellite television, phone or related services in a merchant's store that is not registered by the merchant in the applicable services category, the purchase or payment will not qualify; for example, phone bill payments in a merchant's store that register to Chase as a telephone equipment store. Utility category merchants provide electric, household fuel, water, and sanitation. Please note that purchases of equipment and some merchants that sell utility-related goods and services are not included; for example, electronics or other retail stores and merchants offering maintenance and cleaning services. Insurance category merchants provide health, automobile, homeowners, medical, and life insurance. This promotional offer is non-transferable. For more information about your rewards program, see your Rewards Program Agreement. For more information about Chase rewards categories, see chase.com/RewardsCategoryFAQs. Please contact your service merchant for details on any fees that may be associated with paying your bill using a credit card.