Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Targeted: Chase Amazon Prime card: earn 4% on everything

Old Aug 11, 20, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Got this in the email today:

Ends February 11, 2021

We know you love earning extra rewards on your Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market purchases with your Amazon Rewards Visa Card.

Now, we're giving you the opportunity to earn 4% Back everywhere else you use your card until February 11, 2021. So instead of earning 2% Back at restaurants, gas stations and drugstores, and 1% Back on everyday purchases, you'll earn a total of 4% Back in all of these categories.

Purchases must post to your account by February 11, 2021. This offer doesn't include purchases at Amazon.com or Whole Foods Market.

Activate 4% now

Activate by September 22, 2020
From the fine print there doesn't seem to be a limit:
During the promotional period, earn a total of 4% Back on the purchases made with your Amazon Rewards Visa Signature card that normally earn 2% and 1% Back. That's an extra 3% Back in addition to the 1% Back you earn on the purchases in the 1% Back category and an extra 2% Back in addition to the 2% Back you earn on purchases in the 2% Back category. To be eligible for this offer, you must log on to the website referenced in this offer and activate by 09/22/20, 11:59 PM ET. All purchases eligible to earn the extra % Back during the promotional period 08/11/2020 to 02/11/2021, including those that occurred during the promotional period prior to meeting the offer requirements, will automatically earn the extra % Back and be reflected on a future billing statement. The extra points earned for this promotion during the applicable monthly billing cycle are generally available to be used at the beginning of the next billing cycle; bonus points earned on purchases made near the end of a billing cycle may take up to one additional billing cycle to become available. To qualify for this promotional offer, your account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This promotional offer is non-transferable. For more information about your rewards program, see your Rewards Program Agreement.
The graphics in the email includes the regular Amazon card, so I'm not sure if the non-Prime version has this as well.

hurnik and bizum like this.
Old Aug 11, 20, 10:06 am

Now I wish I have gotten the Amazon credit card instead of the Amazon store card a few years back. I really don't want to go get another credit card.
Old Aug 11, 20, 10:07 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
A different version of the offer is reported here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32596559-post185.html
ithinkurdumb and bizum like this.
Old Aug 11, 20, 7:52 pm

Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
Got this offer as well today. Seems there's no limit?
Old Aug 12, 20, 10:04 pm

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle and IHG Spire Ambassador
this has to be the greatest card offer EVER. is it cash back or just for amazon?
Old Aug 12, 20, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Finance_underling View Post
this has to be the greatest card offer EVER. is it cash back or just for amazon?
Reread post #1 . It's 4% on everything til 2/11/21. Wouldn't call it the best card ever.
Old Aug 14, 20, 8:12 pm

Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
Cash back is an option.
Old Aug 14, 20, 11:40 pm

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle and IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by philemer View Post
Reread post #1 . It's 4% on everything til 2/11/21. Wouldn't call it the best card ever.
reread my post. I said it may be the best card OFFER ever
Old Aug 15, 20, 9:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
reread my post. I said it may be the best card OFFER ever
In some cases, it could be rewarding. In many others, it is just flashy marketing.

It is not impossible to get a card with a new signup bonus of $500+. Keep in mind you still earn rewards as you're reaching that spend threshold to get the $500. To get $500 here, you have to put $12,500 on this card. Many of us have cards that will net us 4% or more on most of the spending cateogories we have like dining, travel, etc. So how much extra would the average person REALLY make?

Now of course, you could use this to your advantage for everyday spend that does not have a bonus and some other ways. Just because this offer is different than we have seen before, it doesn't necessarily make it the best ever. I would give the title of the best ever to the original Chase Sapphire Reserve 100,000 point offer. Oh how I could kick myself for missing that one.
Old Aug 15, 20, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
In some cases, it could be rewarding. In many others, it is just flashy marketing.

It is not impossible to get a card with a new signup bonus of $500+. Keep in mind you still earn rewards as you're reaching that spend threshold to get the $500. To get $500 here, you have to put $12,500 on this card. Many of us have cards that will net us 4% or more on most of the spending cateogories we have like dining, travel, etc. So how much extra would the average person REALLY make?

Now of course, you could use this to your advantage for everyday spend that does not have a bonus and some other ways. Just because this offer is different than we have seen before, it doesn't necessarily make it the best ever. I would give the title of the best ever to the original Chase Sapphire Reserve 100,000 point offer. Oh how I could kick myself for missing that one.
I was speaking about offers in the context of this thread (ie. an offer to existing cardholders) not sign-up bonuses.
Old Aug 16, 20, 8:04 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA Plat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
For those that have this card already, does it just pay straight cash back or is Ultimate Rewards an option?
Old Aug 16, 20, 10:14 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH View Post
....is Ultimate Rewards an option?
No, it accumulates Amazon Prime Rewards.
Old Aug 23, 20, 10:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat
Pardon my ignorance but does Amazon Prime Rewards mean the 4% back needs to be spent at Amazon?
Old Aug 23, 20, 11:07 am

Yes that is what it means. So it's not a true 4% back if Amazon/WholeFoods prices are higher than elsewhere.
Old Aug 23, 20, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vtgambler View Post
Pardon my ignorance but does Amazon Prime Rewards mean the 4% back needs to be spent at Amazon?
The cashback rewards can be used as statement credit.

Last edited by ithinkurdumb; Aug 23, 20 at 11:51 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: