Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2016, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by progapanda
YMMV obviously, but some folks have been able to use a different card to pay for 4th Night Free reservations made with the Citi Prestige Concierge.
This doesn't seem like it would work. The hotel doesn't give you the fourth night free, Citi reimburses it directly to your card. The hotel doesn't even know it's happening.

The only way I could see this working is if it is actually administered by a third party. It's called "International Complimentary Night Hotels and Resorts Program" but of course, I've never seen this benefit for anyone else, and they don't have their own website.

Did they only report successful payment at the time of check out, or did they actually receive a credit on their non Prestige card statements?
Old Aug 12, 2016, 4:34 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
Just received the updated card as well.!
The new credit card or a Priority Pass membership card?
Old Aug 12, 2016, 5:49 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by mia
The new credit card or a Priority Pass membership card?
Sorry, I should have been more clear - the PPS new card. As luck will have it August is my renewal month, so I was on cycle to get a new Lounge card anyway.

I've tried unsuccessfully to get a retention bonus - but all the representative did was to tell me about the new (and old) benefits. But as I value the card benefits enough, and I did get in with 70K and no annual fee in the first year, I am way ahead on this one.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 7:40 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Originally Posted by Econ1
Is anyone else not able to login to the visa discount air website? I'm getting the following error:

The credentials supplied could not be validated.

Got the card a few weeks ago, thanks.
I just got the card a couple weeks ago (pre-Infinite) and called about this. They told me all accounts would be migrated, gave me a date of Aug 16 when mine would have access to visa air. So perhaps you're in the same queue.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: Kettle Class
Originally Posted by baroqen
This doesn't seem like it would work.
Did they only report successful payment at the time of check out, or did they actually receive a credit on their non Prestige card statements?
I'm quite familiar with how the benefit works. If you're looking to hear this from a more credible source, here you go

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/2015/06/26/you-dont-have-to-pay-with-your-prestige-card-for-4th-night-free/

As I said earlier, YMMV of course.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 5:59 am

Programs: SPG/Ritz/Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by edealinfo12345
So, if you didn't have any of those cards, and had to start from scratch, and had to pick just one card, which would it be?
I'd take the AmEx, primarily for Gold status at Hilton and Starwood, Centurion Lounges and MR points vs Marriott points. I have both cards by the way.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 6:02 am

Programs: SPG/Ritz/Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Nice find! So it's 3 complimentary Club Lounge upgrades per year?

Would it be possible to reserve a 4 Night stay at an RC, get the 4th night free using Citi Prestige, then upgrade to a Club Lounge using this benefit?
I think so. The RC benefit is tied to paying the rate and my understanding of the Citi Prestige is that Citi refunds you the balance to RC is in the dark.

Update, I was wrong, disregard this.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Called in this morning to see if I could get any new promotions. None offered but was told that they would grandfather my old AF, so I will still be paying the $395/yr for it.

New Infinite cards to be shipped out Mon and will also get PP right away since I told them I was leaving on an intl trip next week.

Really like the customer service whenever I up all them.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 11:50 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Governator
I just got the card a couple weeks ago (pre-Infinite) and called about this. They told me all accounts would be migrated, gave me a date of Aug 16 when mine would have access to visa air. So perhaps you're in the same queue.
Thanks! Ill check on the 16th
Old Aug 15, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: Enough
$193 covered no problem for taxes on Alitalia award... even told the CSR the truth! (under $300 benefit)
Old Aug 15, 2016, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
For the 100$ off tickets thing, do I have to be one of the passengers?
Old Aug 15, 2016, 4:11 pm

Priority Pass arrived in the mail today - Cardholder plus one guest. Logged on to the visa site for a B6 flight and it was exactly $100 less - So far these seem to be upgrades for the migration.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
For the 100$ off tickets thing, do I have to be one of the passengers?
Cardholder must be one of the pax.

Originally Posted by anjeo
Priority Pass arrived in the mail today - Cardholder plus one guest. Logged on to the visa site for a B6 flight and it was exactly $100 less - So far these seem to be upgrades for the migration.
Hmmm...other DP suggest you and guests.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 4:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Troopers
Cardholder must be one of the pax.

Hmmm...other DP suggest you and guests.
Mine says guests. I've had up to 3 others any myself let into Lounge Club lounges. Seems to me that would be ok with the PPS language I see in my letter from Chase. Also already used the $100 off visa on some AA tix.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by anjeo
Did you apply for new infinite card or you already had one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.