Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is under 5/24. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24) pre-approval, or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days) is now live:

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests.

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The purchases made that you receive the $300 travel credit (or $85/$100 trusted traveler program credits) for do count towards the minimum spend, but the annual fee does not.

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping.)
Print Wikipost

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2016, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by rbw5t
I know it's unknowable, but what is the group's speculation on how long the 100k bonus will last? I had a spate of new cards opened early '15 that will be rolling off by spring of '17. I'd love to get this card, but afraid 5/24 will keep me out until after the big bonus is gone. Anybody have any comforting words to keep my wishful thinking alive?
The card benefits (aside from the signup bonus) don't sound terribly compelling to me, so maybe the bonus will stick around a while.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 3:27 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Precedent: Chase introduced the refreshed British Airways VISA in mid November 2009 with a 100,000 mile bonus . 50,000 miles after their first purchase and another 50,000 after spending at least $2,000 in the first three months. The offer was gone by mid January 2010.

There have been more recent 100,000 mile/point offers for this card, but the requiring spending has increased substantially.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by rbw5t
I know it's unknowable, but what is the group's speculation on how long the 100k bonus will last? I had a spate of new cards opened early '15 that will be rolling off by spring of '17. I'd love to get this card, but afraid 5/24 will keep me out until after the big bonus is gone. Anybody have any comforting words to keep my wishful thinking alive?
I'm hoping it'll be live by Spring 2017. I'm in the same boat as you.. hit a few bonus specials in early 2015, but I'll be good by March 2017. I'll probably need to replenish my UR points by then too
Old Aug 2, 2016, 12:08 am

Depending on when this card actually comes out, I will be at 6/24 or 7/24... sounds like a great card that I would keep in my wallet. Hopefully Chase eases up on the 5/24 when they introduce the card. It would be really nice to reup my UR balance, burned 120k of them this year. Guess we just need to wait for data points when the card debuts and people start applying.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 6:39 am

Anyone hearing about when this will become available?
Old Aug 2, 2016, 6:48 am

8/21/16
Old Aug 2, 2016, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by senzer
Anyone hearing about when this will become available?
It was reported as Aug 21 way back at post 34, based on this source:

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-...coming-months/
Old Aug 2, 2016, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by conroy9
As I understand it (and doublechecked against the wiki), adding your wife as an authorized user means that it counts as her opening an account; it shouldn't count as an extra account for you.
I've had no trouble getting Chase to not count authorized user accounts.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I'm at 7/24 but heck, i'll find a branch open sunday and try applying in branch the day it comes out.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA, UA
I am at 4/24 and have been toying the idea of getting a prestige or some other card. I did not because I have stash built in UR (although most of my travel is in AA) and I did not want orphan miles in multiple programs. This comes in at a good time.

Originally Posted by HGHUA
I'm at 7/24 but heck, i'll find a branch open sunday and try applying in branch the day it comes out.
How is applying in a branch different from applying online?
Old Aug 3, 2016, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by HGHUA
me too!
Old Aug 3, 2016, 3:15 pm

To me it would make complete sense for Chase to exclude this from 5/24. The point of the 5/24 policy was to exclude freeloaders (from their perspective at least)...those who will get a card with first year annual fee waived, earn the signup bonus, then cancel a year later. However, with this card's steep annual fee, it's not free money like other cards (although overall the value is better). Besides, the very customers who would be interested in this card are more likely than not over the 5/24 threshold. I'm at 7/24, so I'm going to pause my other signups for now and hope I can somehow sneak by.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold, DL
It seems to me like Chase would have decent incentive to still enforce 5/24 with the (presumed) release of the new card. The demographic must excluded -- those of us in the Hobby -- is the same demographic that is the least likely to keep the card after the first year. Of course, as mentioned above, if the carrots are sweet enough then even the most dedicated churners would probably want to keep it.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by JKFinn22
It seems to me like Chase would have decent incentive to still enforce 5/24 with the (presumed) release of the new card. The demographic must excluded -- those of us in the Hobby -- is the same demographic that is the least likely to keep the card after the first year. Of course, as mentioned above, if the carrots are sweet enough then even the most dedicated churners would probably want to keep it.
True. 100K Ultimate Rewards points are worth at least $1,000, which can fund the annual fee for 2 years.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by steve4
True. 100K Ultimate Rewards points are worth at least $1,000, which can fund the annual fee for 2 years.
Yeah and TPG rates them at 2c/point, so it could be even higher.

Getting the bonus at this card and doing the spending requirement (whatever that ends up being) would give me enough miles for a free round trip to South America, and put me close to one for New Zealand and Asia. Very excited to apply!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.