Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is under 5/24. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24) pre-approval, or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days) is now live:

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests.

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The purchases made that you receive the $300 travel credit (or $85/$100 trusted traveler program credits) for do count towards the minimum spend, but the annual fee does not.

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping.)
Print Wikipost

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Old Aug 5, 2016, 4:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
IF (big "if") the credit can be applied to air fare, it will be huge. Then, the AF is only $150 for practical purposes.
That is a big IF indeed.

Looking at the CNB Crystal Infinite card re-reimbursement (assuming they will use the same platform - which is a very big assumption), it does not apply to air-fare, AND it is only for domestic airlines.

Considering I've managed to get re-reimbursed on the Ritz card for things that an automatic system would never catch (and those were legitimate expenses per the terms), and a lot of my re-reimbursement came from international carriers, I'm not sure it is a positive or negative.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 5:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
If the PP doesn't include guest/family then the Citi Prestige is going to keep me. That is a huge benefit for my family.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
If the PP doesn't include guest/family then the Citi Prestige is going to keep me. That is a huge benefit for my family.
Since the RC card has free guest privileges, I'm guessing this will as well.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 2:54 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
That is a big IF indeed.

Looking at the CNB Crystal Infinite card re-reimbursement (assuming they will use the same platform - which is a very big assumption), it does not apply to air-fare, AND it is only for domestic airlines.
Let's hope it's not as restrictive as the Amex Plat (only for US airlines, and must select one airline per year to get the credits on, and airfares don't count). At least the Amex Plat can be used to purchase GCs, but if Chase doesn't even allow that loophole, and makes it otherwise similar to the Amex Plat, then the card isn't appealing at all. There's no way I spend $300 on incidental fees per year unless they include upgrade copays.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by mvcore
So I have heard via a very reliable source ...
1. Does your source indicate for how long the 100K bonus will be in effect?
2. Would the Priority Pass allow for lounge access for related guests like the Citi Priority Pass cards?
3. Do purchase of gift cards count towards "purchases" in meeting the min. spend requirements?
Thanks.

Last edited by mia; Aug 6, 2016 at 10:06 am Reason: Prune quotation
Old Aug 6, 2016, 9:36 am

How about we just wait and see
Old Aug 6, 2016, 10:07 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
Since the RC card has free guest privileges, I'm guessing this will as well.
The terms of the refreshed Ritz Carlton card say nothing about Priority Pass guests. No fee is mentioned, but neither are guests stated to be free. Does the current card use the full Priority Pass network or the Lounge Club subset?

Last edited by mia; Aug 6, 2016 at 11:45 am
Old Aug 6, 2016, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by cslovacek
Originally Posted by invalyd
Only $4k spend required for the 100k bonus.
And you know this for sure? We don't even know for sure that the card will be released with these specs.
Yes, for sure. We do know.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by mia
The terms of the refreshed Ritz Carlton card say nothing about Priority Pass guests. No fee is mentioned, but neither are guests stated to be free. Does the current card use the full Priority Pass network or the Lounge Club subset?
Also, the other thing in question is how many free guest(s) does the PPS card offer? Citi Prestige gives you 2 free guests, which is very nice for those who are travelling 2+.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 12:00 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, QR Silver, DL Silver
Originally Posted by mia
Lounge Club. Don't know about guests.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 12:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Lounge Club.

And while the guest number is not mentioned specifically (it does for specific lounges btw), I never had a problem getting in with reasonable number of guests with me (i.e., 3-4) for those lounges that do not specify a limited number of guests.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by mia
Precedent: Chase introduced the refreshed British Airways VISA in mid November 2009 with a 100,000 mile bonus . 50,000 miles after their first purchase and another 50,000 after spending at least $2,000 in the first three months. The offer was gone by mid January 2010.

There have been more recent 100,000 mile/point offers for this card, but the requiring spending has increased substantially.
The fact that this did this once before means:

a) They learned their lesson and will not do that again.

or

b) They liked what happened and will do it again

or

c) They could care less what they did with the BA card over six years ago.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 4:01 pm

The signup bonus on this is pretty grand, enough to be worth about $2000 in free airfare on UA (or $3750 in upgrades). If I canceled my UA Club card, replaced it with this one, and then used the $300 credit to replace the UA Club membership for an extra $250 a year over the $450/yr fee I'm already paying, I'd come out ahead for the next 8 years on annual fees vs the signup bonus.

It's too bad that I am in airports with UA clubs but not priority pass clubs. Otherwise I could just replace the UA Club card and pay no more in annual fees than I do now.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 4:40 pm

What's the wait time between applications again? Is it 90 days or 30 days?
Old Aug 6, 2016, 5:24 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by TheAJ
What's the wait time between applications again? Is it 90 days or 30 days?
Suggest reading Does Chase have a limit on the number or frequency of applications like Citi's 8/65 rule? in this Wikipost and the attached thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...5-present.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.