Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is under 5/24. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24) pre-approval, or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days) is now live:

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests.

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The purchases made that you receive the $300 travel credit (or $85/$100 trusted traveler program credits) for do count towards the minimum spend, but the annual fee does not.

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping.)
Print Wikipost

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2016, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by tmiw
Visa Infinite is still rare in the US but City National's card seems to lay out the Infinite-specific benefits pretty well.
Doctor of Credit is now reporting that this card will be Visa Infinite.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Anyone hoping for 3x in dining too?

My job involves a lot of client dinners that I expense... plus living in NYC = lots of bars and restaurants. I can easily justify the AF for 3x dining.. travel is harder since my work travel is booked via a corporate travel agent and most of my reimbursements on travel is for uber/cabs
Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by uppereastsider
Anyone hoping for 3x in dining too?
It'd be nice but hoping for higher redemption than earning.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by Troopers
It'd be nice but hoping for higher redemption than earning.
Seems very unlikely, the only competitor offering a higher redemption (Citi) has just announced a drop to match Chase's current offering starting next year.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:34 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Chase already offers a $0.015 redemption option through Palladium. The combination of earnings multipliers (2X, 3X, 5X) with redemption multipliers (0.0125, 0.0150) represents a risk for the issuer, unless they implement caps.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by jediwho
This card would need to give something unique and possible also highly sought after. Like status miles with United, or lounge access to United and BA besides Priority access, and or combine the rewards of Freedom, Freedom Unlimited and Sapphire for rewards.
No offense, but United PQM as a benefit is wishful thinking at best. Unlike AmEx and Citi, Chase doesn't even offer that benefit on its top cobranded airline card (United Club). It's almost unthinkable that they'd offer it on a non-airline card.

Agree with others that the most likely benefits structure will be something like UA Club and/or PP access (the former likely limited to UA flights), bonus points on travel and dining, GE credit, and airfare credit. Maybe some hotel status if we're lucky. The Visa Infinite flight discount would be an interesting twist that could make it a nice complement to the Citi Prestige for those who travel with families.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:16 pm

Maybe it will have 1.5 points per everyday $ like the Freedom Unlimited on top of other things mentioned here? That would totally replace my United MP Club.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Need
Maybe it will have 1.5 points per everyday $ like the Freedom Unlimited on top of other things mentioned here? That would totally replace my United MP Club.
I doubt it because I don't think that Chase has to for this card to be competitive. It seems like an unnecessary cost, especially because those prospective card holders for whom the 1.5x points is important can just use the Freedom Unlimited with the Sapphire Reserve, while others will just use the lower earning rate.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:51 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by milypan
No offense, but United PQM as a benefit is wishful thinking at best.
I can get up to up 5K PQM's per year with my United Select card. Granted it is only on United purchases, but it is not out of the realm of possibilities.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Chase already offers a $0.015 redemption option through Palladium. The combination of earnings multipliers (2X, 3X, 5X) with redemption multipliers (0.0125, 0.0150) represents a risk for the issuer, unless they implement caps.

Wait wait wait

1.5 cents redemption for palladium ? Nice !!!
Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by eknock007
I can get up to up 5K PQM's per year with my United Select card. Granted it is only on United purchases, but it is not out of the realm of possibilities.
This card was discontinued many years ago, no? Presumably you only have it (for now) because you're grandfathered. Ditto for the United Presidential Plus and other PQM-earning cards.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
Seems very unlikely, the only competitor offering a higher redemption (Citi) has just announced a drop to match Chase's current offering starting next year.
MC Luxury Gold card offers 2x redemption on any airline.

Citi Prestige offers 4th night which is unobtainable on their other offerings. Chase should offer something only available to the reserve/elite.

Originally Posted by mia
There is a cap on the earnings on their other cards. Maybe, new card earnings is 1x on all purchases and with 2x (or 0.020) redemption. Ok with me assuming URs from other cards are combinable.

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Wait wait wait

1.5 cents redemption for palladium ? Nice !!!
Yep and it gets you UA club.

Last edited by philemer; Jul 28, 2016 at 2:57 pm
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
MC Luxury Gold card offers 2x redemption on any airline.

Citi Prestige offers 4th night which is unobtainable on their other offerings. Chase should offer something only available to the reserve/elite.

There is a cap on the earnings on their other cards. Maybe, new card earnings is 1x on all purchases and with 2x (or 0.020) redemption. Ok with me assuming URs from other cards are combinable.

Yep and it gets you UA club.

Too bad there's no non-CPC loophole anymore
Old Jul 28, 2016, 6:23 pm

If this card is bound by the 5/24 rule, I hope current CSP cardholders like myself can upgrade to it. The bonus should be very lucrative, but I am not going to wait 2 years for it (when my card apps drop out of the 24 month time window).
Old Jul 28, 2016, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Ok so I was able to speak with my sources finally and here is what I know / had confirmed this week (some new news and some old news):

$450.00 Annual Fee
100K UR Sign up Bonus
$300.00 Airline Credit
Priority Pass Select
3X Points Travel
3X Points Dining (Yes 3X for Dining)
Visa Infinite

There will be more perks but I don't know the specifics / cant drag them out of my source. I would also imagine that it will include the benefits that the CSP already has such as Rental Insurance, Etc. Also my source made no mention of two cards. Being serious I know I haven't posted much on FT but my info for this card is a pretty good source who has seen the card and literature on it already.

Last edited by mvcore; Jul 28, 2016 at 10:13 pm Reason: Grammar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.